If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen Barry I too was a doubter but praise the lord I have seen the light. I have opened my heart to Frank and I am firmly on the giggling Lampard train, currently at "poised to sign" next stop "about to sign" this could drag on all week... I don't think I have enough pants for this to last 5 more days ?

Delay it for 24 hours, then we can toast his health and (hopefully) a successful new era from a bar in Belgium. Such a momentous occasion calls for Houblon Chouffe, Gaverhopke Extra or De Dolle Oerbier Reserva.

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

What position does he play, and are they all for the reserves?

* bored 

De Dolle Oerbier is the Reserva.

2 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

If Morris can't talk some of Chelsea's best young players in  to come to us on loan or permanent then no one will. They have one of the best youth set-ups in world football and produce players by the shed loads loaning them out all over the world.

You're absolutely right - they do.

However what is also certain is that Chelsea see this as a key revenue stream (as well as TV money). They insist on substantial loan fees for their players (33 on loan last year) & use the loan moves to showcase their young players for an inevitable move to a lesser club in their early 20's - generally for multi-millions. Loan moves will also mean picking up their full wages - these are not players seen as prospective Chelsea first teamers & needing experience (unless they were absolutely exceptional - in which case they'd be going nowhere near Derby)

Irrespective of Morris'/Lampard's connections with the club, I find it very unlikely Chelsea would lend these to us at 'mates-rates'.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Irrespective of Morris'/Lampard's connections with the club, I find it very unlikely Chelsea would lend these to us at 'mates-rates'.

If you're correct about the money side and I see no reason why not, then at least Morris will have seen his Chelsea youth beat lots of other young teams and might have spotted a good player or two.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you're correct about the money side and I see no reason why not, then at least Morris will have seen his Chelsea youth beat lots of other young teams and might have spotted a good player or two.

Well I imagine Wassall would have a similar advantage!

One other thing about Premiership youth team dropdowns is how you motivate them playing at a lower level - particularly when they've picked up very decent wages during their teenage years & their previous standard of football isn't quite as 'agricultural'

I would rather the recruitment focus were on players 'moving up the pyramid' - to be fair to Lampard, I was encouraged by his attendance at Wembley yesterday.

I am sure Jody Morris has noted players of potential who although maybe not deemed good enough for Chelsea could be more than adequate for us.

Chelsea like every club is a business first and foremost however       contacts,relationship and friendships can go a along when choices are to be made.

Abramovich seems to stay in touch with alot of his old players.

Bit of a weird one, but a friend of mine is a Youtuber who makes football videos amongst other things and he's just told me he's scheduled to be filming with Lampard tomorrow afternoon. I've asked him to let me know if those plans get cancelled, but I would have thought they would have cancelled it days ago if it was so close to a deal being signed

Archived