If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

My thinking is his punditry obligations. Can’t see him being daft enough to go to Russia and return two weeks before season starts. 

Hopefully he'll have to drop out, and they give Alex Scott more screen time ?

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

My thinking is his punditry obligations. Can’t see him being daft enough to go to Russia and return two weeks before season starts. 

Its not the other end of the world though. 

He could also work from the studio in England. He will have scouts out working and maybe he will talk to players in Russia or other manager's about players etc. He can even use the phone ...

Don't see it as a big deal. Players are away for a few weeks now anyway. Then coaches work on fitness/conditioning...

Seeems sensible and hard working...he will want to get this job right...or like Gary Neville, Gazza, Shearer, John Barnes etc he may not get another shot.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Its not the other end of the world though. 

He could also work from the studio in England. He will have scouts out working and maybe he will talk to players in Russia or other manager's about players etc. He can even use the phone ...

Don't see it as a big deal. Players are away for a few weeks now anyway. Then coaches work on fitness/conditioning...

Seeems sensible and hard working...he will want to get this job right...or like Gary Neville, Gazza, Shearer, John Barnes etc he may not get another shot.

**** that!!!  When he's paid to be our manager, I want him there when he's meant to be there.  First few weeks of any new manager's post, regardless of profession, are vital to establish their ideas and form an understanding with their staff.  From a player point of view i'd be mad as **** if a rookie rocked up when he pleases...

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

**** that!!!  When he's paid to be our manager, I want him there when he's meant to be there.  First few weeks of any new manager's post, regardless of profession, are vital to establish their ideas and form an understanding with their staff.  From a player point of view i'd be mad as **** if a rookie rocked up when he pleases...

Got to know where the cones are kept and how to purchase your lunch  (sausages?) at Moor farm ?

This is the piece from the beeb about their World Cup coverage: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44103384 including:

"Former England trio Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand will join the BBC's Fifa World Cup 2018 coverage from Russia next month ... Shearer, Lampard and Ferdinand join Lineker in the Red Square studio for England's first two matches."

Perhaps it's not ideal, but I don't think it would be terrible either. Frank could use the time usefully networking with the right people with Derby at the forefront of his mind, while Jody and the third man (Jordan?) are back at Moor Farm filling him in on things on a daily basis.

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

29E4705F-A9B2-4C11-B70B-4355D1FD2490.thumb.jpeg.97502cb5aa7cbf10500155e470cdca2d.jpeg

This is like waiting for the new pope to be announced. 

Can you have black and white smoke?

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Can you have black and white smoke?

“fumata nera” and “fumata bianca”

The Vatican has now revealed what these are. For black, it uses a mixture of potassium perchlorate, anthracene and sulphur; white comes from potassium chlorate, lactose and the conifer resin called rosin, which is often rubbed on violin bows to increase friction.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I can see why you think its a risk...

But 'utterly bizarre'?  He has openly said he wants to go into management, has gone for his coaching badges, his Dad and Uncle are coaches, he has recently retired and we don't have a manager and don't want to spend money paying to take someone off another team. 

Add in his pedigree, his work rate, his intelligence, his connections....makes sense to me.

Its still a big risk of course...but I feel reinvigorated. 

A lot of people,particularly on social media and on forums,seem to be getting very star struck by this potential appointment and I totally get that.

I keep reading about his infamous “contacts list” and how many players will come running to play under his regime,if he does come.I’m in the unconvinced camp and very wary of an ex player,no matter how talented HE was,taking his first job as the coach/manager of a club that finished 26th in the pyramid last season.

As for his “pedigree”,” work rate” “intelligence” and “ connections”.! It’ll be interesting to see our fans’ reactions when we’re playing away to someone like Leeds on a horrible wet Tuesday night and getting absolutely battered .Good players don’t necessarily make good managers,no matter who they’ve played under.

And if I read one more comment that says 1) “ what have we got to lose?!” or 2) him being able to phone his “Uncle ‘Arry” for advice I’ll scream.Because Redknapp really left all his previous clubs in a healthy state,didn’t he?!?

I’ll support the club regardless of what happens but my gut feeling is that we’re heading for troubled waters.

2 minutes ago, Stevo the Ram said:

If it's Frank, does it mean Mel has had a change of heart and gonna splash the cash now? I'm sure Frank would have insisted on it.

Actually I think the opposite. Jody Morris coming with him seems a calculated attempt to get the youth playing.

There aren't may youth coaches around, current or historical, with a better track record than Jody Morris. The Chelsea U18s have averaged 3 goals a game over the last 4 seasons (Morris' tenure).

Archived