If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, RedSmog said:

With the greatest of respect lads

I have no idea what Lampard would bring to Derby?

From the outside looking, the one thing you need is managerial experience, not a decent player cutting his teeth on a team pushing for promotion 

Maybe i,m wrong

Maybe!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RedSmog said:

From the outside looking, the one thing you need is managerial experience, not a decent player cutting his teeth on a team pushing for promotion 

Maybe i,m wrong

You’re not wrong, there’s a few of us on here still sane enough to realise that potentially if this goes wrong it could put us in deep, deep trouble. 

I wonder if the jubilation will still be the same when we’re getting tonked 4-0 on a freezing cold night in November by the likes of you lot and experienced, gritty managers like Pulis who will eat Lampard alive. 

4 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Maybe i,m wrong

We've literally tried everything:

Old experienced head - check (Pearson)

Someone related to club legend - check (Clough)

Ex-Player - check (Rowett)

Up and coming highly rated European number 2 - check (Clement)

European league winner and SAF disciple - check (Mac)

All with the same results, in that the whole of the footballing world and press views us as bottlers.

As such, sod it, why not go left-field, especially given just how dour our football was last season.

Even if we crash and burn, it should be interesting.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

You’re not wrong, there’s a few of us on here still sane enough to realise that potentially if this goes wrong it could put us in deep, deep trouble. 

How? He won't be able to splash as much cash as Rowett and I doubt he'll waste it on oaps anyway.

12 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

With the greatest of respect, what knowledge do you have about what Lampard has been doing since retiring, what he would be asked to do at DCFC and what vision he set out during his interview?

I can’t help thinking the squad will be dying to get back to training if Frank gets the job. I think there will be an enthusiasm and willingness to be a major player in his future plans and having the players buying into your plan is well over half the battle.

Bookmark this and give me pelters if it all goes Pete Tongue by all means but I’m really up for this, I think Mel’s finally backing a winner. 

Just now, RedSmog said:

Rowett wanted more money Clement is poo 

2 out the equation 

There's a common theme between that pair though - they both had us playing some of the worst football that I can remember in 30 years of following DCFC. 

He has got Uncle Harry in the background he has got access to all the young talent at Chelsea. He will bring in young hungry players you don't need old has been players that we have got. He will get rid of them by not picking them they will move on when they find themselves only playing on the training ground. We need shake up Derby has always been a club that attracts media attention Lamps will like that . 

Archived