Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

11 hours ago, rynny said:

More people were willing for him to carry on as manager regardless of how they thought he was performing.

People understand FFP and are not bothered how much the club spend on players. The right blend of players must be put together.

Quite a few on here are willing to give the academy players a chance to see if they are good enough, the only way to actually tell is to play them.

Every manager at some point had no experience, some start higher up, some start lower down, some develop into good managers, some hit the ground running, some aren't just cut out to be managers, but, again, you do not know how they will turn out without given an opportunity. Lampard may be good, he may be bad, he may be average, but there is no point stressing which he will be as all managers come with the same risks. 

Every manager at every club has a remit of working within FFP and under some sort of financial constraints, the odd occasion a club will flounce the rules.

Give him the chance to see if he can, at the moment it is all opinions whether he can or not.

Who actually cares what forest fans think?

Who cares what Forest fans think ? ............NO-ONE !

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounded like it was pretty much done, but he couldn't obviously say that on air. Rio joking about their (Lampard and Gerrard's) hairlines pretty much confirms he's leaving BT to go into management. Well, that's how I read between the lines anyway.

Lineker: Any truth in your links with Derby?

Lampard: Yeah - I've been speaking with Derby, and I will continue to speak with after I get back

I think he's coming, tbh. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Didn’t seem that sure though did he .

Said they would carry on talking when he got home and we will see who knows 

Think he was playing it down though.

I don’t think it’s a done deal but very far along. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Lampard: Yeah - I've been speaking with Derby, and I will continue to speak with after I get back

I heard him but I don’t think he’s totally sure he has a job offer. 

I think the plan is to give it to FL subject to him being able to assemble the appropriate support team.  He'll require an experienced assistant - probably one that he's played under. Plus a set of backroom staff. And don't be surprised to see a DOF coming in. All will be agreed up front and takes time. 

3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I think the plan is to give it to FL subject to him being able to assemble the appropriate support team.  He'll require an experienced assistant - probably one that he's played under. Plus a set of backroom staff. And don't be surprised to see a DOF coming in. All will be agreed up front and takes time. 

Lampard, Morris, Grant

Manager, Coach, DoF

PistoldPete2
9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Gets back from where? Where's he off to? He can't go on holiday when his wife us up the duff and he could be in line for the biggest job in football. 

Archived