Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Just to pour some cold water facts on the Simpson 'great player for Derby so bound to be a Messiah manager'.

His last three league roles.

Preston: sacked after 18 months

Shrewsbury: sacked after two years

Stockport: sacked after seven months

As for the 'international experience is great experience' brigade, I give you Chris Coleman

As for the 'U2Xs gives you great understanding of the upcoming talent' forum I give you Stuart Pearce

Perfect reasoning why not to take this option, Chris Coleman would be a great appointment.............

If Gareth Bale came with him, there is the only reason he had any international success!

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

On oddschecker Dean Smith has disappeared from the betting and everyone else is 4/1 and above.

Yeah oddschecker is missing Dean Smith (useful eh!).

If you click onto the Bet Victor site Smith is 4/6 fav... the rest are as per oddschecker.

Weird.

25 minutes ago, Moist One said:

you do realise that in management less than 1% of managers have 50% win rate or better?

At every club they've managed? Not quite.

Paul Cook - 68% at Wigan

Mark Warburton - 51% at Brentford, 68% at Rangers

I get your point for managers like Brian Clough (who never had it) but when you've only been there for a season and still can't crack it I think it bears testimony to the idea there is more than a little emotional attachment in the choice.

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What has Steve Clarke achieved??

2 Premier Leagues and an FA Cup as assistant at Chelsea after working his way up coaching the youth teams.

West Brom's best ever Premier League season and points tally. 

He took Reading to an FA Cup semi-final.

And he's just finished a season where he took over Kilmarnock while they were bottom of the league and got them to finish 5th (with a 51.5% win percentage).

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Mel must be waiting for the ink to dry at Stoke & then our move will be completed in turn. 

We are in for an exciting season if next in the Rams hotseat is Dean Smith ??

I think he sounds like a good choice if its true, that article about him made him sound like a good all round bet. I look forward to finding out more if we get him. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/albion-next-manager-moore-smith-14644948

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

Mikael Arteta please.

Savvy, clever, sophisticated manager. I think he will be in the Jokanovic role.

We may be too low down for what he wants but if we could attract Paul Clement a few years ago, then surely this is pretty similar.

Not going to say you are wrong here but on what are you basing your assessment of Arteta's managerial skills?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think he sounds like a good choice if its true, that article about him made him sound like a good all round bet. I look forward to finding out more if we get him. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/albion-next-manager-moore-smith-14644948

Interesting read. Seems to like the DOF model. Would be happy with him or Warburton or Cook. Others mentioned are unrealistic in my view or untried at this level. We need someone who knows what this division is about imo

Archived