Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My only concern with Dean Smith (or anyone from Brentford to be honest) is that they run recruitment and the club in a certain way, perhaps a manager comfortable in that environment would struggle to adapt to a club set up in a different way with different expectations (see Warburton, who I think has been exposed as a bit of a charlatan).

Yes I had a look over at their forum to see if they had mentioned anything, there's a small discussion on us and they pretty much say what you have. 

No point looking at their manager if you aren't going to replicate the system they currently work in. They also don't think he'd leave to go to Derby anyway! 

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m hoping we all feel the way we felt when Jim Smith was appointed.

Dissapointed, don’t lie.

And then we boss the league (after a shaky start)

I am with you there which is why I think mad mick McCarthy could just impress us at least short term 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yes I had a look over at their forum to see if they had mentioned anything, there's a small discussion on us and they pretty much say what you have. 

No point looking at their manager if you aren't going to replicate the system they currently work in. They also don't think he'd leave to go to Derby anyway! 

They would though I guess. If Brentford are honest with themselves they would have to accept that Derby is a bigger job at a bigger club, the only thing keeping someone like Smith there if someone comes calling is the structure and whether or not he backs himself to thrive outside of it.

31 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Because the average person on the Telegraph website can't tie their own shoelaces and as for twitter......whereas people on here (with certain exceptions) have a better understanding of football in general and of our club in particular....

Well you say that but their head and shoulders smarter than me if they can get that website to work

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They would though I guess. If Brentford are honest with themselves they would have to accept that Derby is a bigger job at a bigger club, the only thing keeping someone like Smith there if someone comes calling is the structure and whether or not he backs himself to thrive outside of it.

Sorry I should have qualified that. They don't think he will come to Derby and are more concerned about WBA approaching him. 

I voted Big Sam there is absolutely no chance of us getting him 

But he’d make us solid & probably get us promoted . Fair enough its boring football to start with but his Bolton side was very good after getting up & staying up he slowly intergrated decent football brought in jay jay okocha

Sams problem like at west ham is as soon as he gets up or keeps a side up he is given no time to impliment good football. Its about going up, staying up then developing a style 

he’d have some contacts for loans

no1 choice would be Neil Warnock but no chance of getting him so id be happy with going for the brentford lad & giving him 2-3 years to do it properly 

My sensible head says Mick McCarthy had been there and done it (like Warnock) but also has something to prove 

My excitable head says Frank Lampard - iconic and something different to what we have previously had

Ultimately as long as we attack teams and try to play football as it was intended to be played then I'll be happier. 

Archived