Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

No. Although McClaren went through a period of thinking he was Dutch ?

Haven’t we had a German manager? I remember a few Kuntz over the years, present incumbent NOT excepted 

My only concern with Dean Smith (or anyone from Brentford to be honest) is that they run recruitment and the club in a certain way, perhaps a manager comfortable in that environment would struggle to adapt to a club set up in a different way with different expectations (see Warburton, who I think has been exposed as a bit of a charlatan).

Gone for Dean Smith as the "apparent" best of the offerings. If he did come in though my guess is it would be accompanied with some guarantees around structure in a similar way he operated at Brentford. 

We could hold on a day or so and, in a Villa-esque move, poach Conte?

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My only concern with Dean Smith (or anyone from Brentford to be honest) is that they run recruitment and the club in a certain way, perhaps a manager comfortable in that environment would struggle to adapt to a club set up in a different way with different expectations (see Warburton, who I think has been exposed as a bit of a charlatan).

Whilst I understand your concern it's important to take into account that he was successful at Walsall were  (by most accounts) he practically did everything and had complete control over all footballing matters. 

4 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

So on the telegraph website poll Nigel Clough is 3rd with only dean smith and Sam allardyce ahead. There’s a twitter poll and he’s 4th. But on this forum he’s nowhere. 

Why would he? 

7 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

So on the telegraph website poll Nigel Clough is 3rd with only dean smith and Sam allardyce ahead. There’s a twitter poll and he’s 4th. But on this forum he’s nowhere. 

good....

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think I may have completely misread your post and done you are massive disservice. Were you saying you don't want any of the names listed ? 

Indeed my friend.  I definitely do not want Allardyce, McCarthy, Moyes, Pardew or any other of this ilk! 

Just now, TomG said:

Indeed my friend.  I definitely do not want Allardyce, McCarthy, Moyes, Pardew or any other of this ilk! 

Then I deeply apologise for tarring you with their ilk and here's hoping we never have to suffer them ?.

Just now, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Why wouldn’t he be? And why is he doing better in other polls?

Do we not want someone to come in and actually challenge the right end of the table? Nige steadied our ship before, no doubt about that but he’s never shown he’s capable of assaulting the top 6 in this division. 

Didn’t get us top 6 in 5 years, didn’t get Sheffield United prompted, didn’t save Burton from relegation... not great reading really. 

Theres plenty more average managers out there to try before we crawl back to Nige IMO. 

11 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Why wouldn’t he be? And why is he doing better in other polls?

Because the average person on the Telegraph website can't tie their own shoelaces and as for twitter......whereas people on here (with certain exceptions) have a better understanding of football in general and of our club in particular....

Archived