Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Nigel Clough’s now the 2nd most popular choice on the telegraph next manager poll. Not rated on this forum but is elsewhere

Can understand the reasoning but for me there’s no going back ,,,, move forwards 

16 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Nigel Clough’s now the 2nd most popular choice on the telegraph next manager poll. Not rated on this forum but is elsewhere

Never got any transfer money from Derby like recent managers have.  Can't help thinking though that he's another Rowett that would do something stupid like bench Vydra in a play off semi for a dwarf just to show what a genius he is.

23 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Are you sure you aren't Nigel Clough angling for another job!? Would be lunacy to bring him back. We were never going to get promoted with Nigel Clough. He was good at buying players, but not much else.

23 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Last time we had Clough he got us to be a stable mid table side in nearly 4 seasons. As soon as a manger with nous came in the same players showed they were top 3 material.

Clough will not have 3-4 seasons to get us solid again, we’re not that bad. I also don’t think he’s that good a coach...

22 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Not that I think he’d come but Clough would make a very good DOF that’s where his strengths are best suited with Dean Smith managing. 

2 hours ago, Waffle said:

Would’ve liked an exciting Foreign Manager like Laudrup. Or a random person with a sexy name, but I would like Dean Smith, if we gear our management structure like Brentford 

What is the deal with Laudrup? I know he managed Swansea but not much beyond that ... not a name I have seen come up much

Mel needs to say sorry for what went on before between you and Sam rush. How right was nigel about rush by the way. Anyway nige here’s a 5 year deal and get on with it. Do your thing. I’ll back you financially when needed. See you all in the premiership in a few years. 

The Clough legend lives on at derby. 

I just wrote that that in the other thread. 

2 minutes ago, DCFCMANIFOLD said:

What is the deal with Laudrup? I know he managed Swansea but not much beyond that ... not a name I have seen come up much

Currently managing in the Middle East, I think he could be tempted by competitive football. A better coach than a manager but has good contacts within the game

Plays the Derby Way

This is a bit out there but I would not be averse to looking at the Cowley brothers from Lincoln city. Assuming we are prepared to go for someone different and look down the order somewhat it may not be a bad shout: they have consistently punched above their weight, won promotion, a cup and beaten several championship sides with a team that until recently was out of the football league. 

The logic is that they seem to work well within the means that they are given, would be relatively cheap compared to someone off the usual conveyorbelt, and would be attacking and expansive (since one needs to look no further than League One and below for goals goals goals) ... 

Just a thought! 

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Who ever comes in had best make sure the players do the job and have us 10 points clear by Xmas, because looking at the poll results so far, they'll be in for a rough ride by those that votes for one of the others.

Hopefully a true Ram will back the manager even if it isn't their first choice. At least until September anyway.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Hopefully a true Ram will back the manager even if it isn't their first choice. At least until September anyway.

But let's be realistic, we have far too many on here that can't wait for people to fail so they can tell us all how they told us so, and there are others just waiting for failure to have another pop at Mel.

7 minutes ago, DCFCMANIFOLD said:

This is a bit out there but I would not be averse to looking at the Cowley brothers from Lincoln city. Assuming we are prepared to go for someone different and look down the order somewhat it may not be a bad shout: they have consistently punched above their weight, won promotion, a cup and beaten several championship sides with a team that until recently was out of the football league. 

The logic is that they seem to work well within the means that they are given, would be relatively cheap compared to someone off the usual conveyorbelt, and would be attacking and expansive (since one needs to look no further than League One and below for goals goals goals) ... 

Just a thought! 

Absolutely battered by most commentators I've read in the last few days for their direct style.

I've not paid them any attention apart from the cup run last year, where they did use the big man up front and played from there. 

18 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Mel needs to say sorry for what went on before between you and Sam rush. How right was nigel about rush by the way. Anyway nige here’s a 5 year deal and get on with it. Do your thing. I’ll back you financially when needed. See you all in the premiership in a few years. 

The Clough legend lives on at derby. 

I just wrote that that in the other thread. 

I’d have Clough back, as a scout, sniffed out a few good players, couldn’t manage them but leave that to someone who can and he’ll do a good job.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Absolutely battered by most commentators I've read in the last few days for their direct style.

I've not paid them any attention apart from the cup run last year, where they did use the big man up front and played from there. 

Nowhere near good enough to manage a club like ours - they are L1/L2 level and we’d get more hoofball rubbish if they came. Mel should not be fooled into going for the usual suspects like McCarthy, Pardew etc. Don’t think Dean Smith would work either as he manages to a specific model at Brentford. It’s going to be interesting to see how it pans out but Mel really needs to get this right.

Archived