Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

There are actually real life people who seem to like football actually seriously suggesting we get Fat Frank...baffling. 

Tbf, Fat Frank could be a revelation. He could also be a calamity. Now isn't the time for untried and untested though. Someone, whoever comes in, is going to have a job on their hands. Experience will be key.

11 hours ago, Mountain Ram said:

I can understand why a lot of people are suggesting Dean Smith, but don’t Brentford have some sort of moneyball scouting system to find their players? Leaves a bit of a question mark for me, as under our current set up we could do with someone in the chair who has an eye for finding players too (unless we go radical and appoint a DoF at the same time)

I was thinking exactly the same, however he did a great a job at Walsall where he would’ve been in charge of transfers which makes me more confident he could do a job.

There’a a few good shouts. Lambert would be my first pick, he’s won two promotions (1 from this league), managed  big clubs so would deal with the expectation here, played for big clubs and won the champions league, he mixes up his football style as well, he’s not tippy tappy for the sake of it and he’s not hoofball either. 

Alex Neil, Oscar Garcia, Paul Cook and Chris Coleman would also get my backing.

Main requirement as others have said, energy in midfield please!

Just now, mozza said:

What link has Frank Lampard got with Derby? Why would he even consider us? 

No link but he's one of the front-runners for the Ipswich job. You'd imagine if he's willing to go there he'd be willing to come here.

29 minutes ago, Kernow said:

No link but he's one of the front-runners for the Ipswich job. You'd imagine if he's willing to go there he'd be willing to come here.

Hmmm, Home Bargains or Poundland ?? Decisions, decisions.....

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Not the entire picture but a snapshot of an element of their player development. It's certainly an interesting concept!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts

Cheers buddy

Very interesting indeed

i can't see mel ditching the accademy but it's very interesting Concept 

Archived