Next Manager Poll

S8TY

Who Would We Like to Take Over  

557 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Just to pour some cold water facts on the Simpson 'great player for Derby so bound to be a Messiah manager'.

His last three league roles.

Preston: sacked after 18 months

Shrewsbury: sacked after two years

Stockport: sacked after seven months

As for the 'international experience is great experience' brigade, I give you Chris Coleman

As for the 'U2Xs gives you great understanding of the upcoming talent' forum I give you Stuart Pearce

a bit disingenuous to not note his performance in those roles. Pretty sure if you pick any decent manager, he'd have been sacked somewhere down the line.

I'd like to add Steve Clarke to the list if no one else has mentioned him (can't be bothered to read all the replies).

Not sure what people see in Warburton. He didn't pull up any trees down the road and he wasn't that good at Rangers (A Celtic friend of mine continually goes on about how bad he was). His best days were at Brentford when he had a good setup around him. I don't see him being given much help in the recruiting department as we're setup right now, and I'm not sure he'd turn this team around in to something that we believe is "The Derby Way".

7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

a bit disingenuous to not note his performance in those roles. Pretty sure if you pick any decent manager, he'd have been sacked somewhere down the line.

Good point. Probably fair to also mention he has never managed above a 50% win rate in any role and only ever won one promotion - from Div 2 with Carlisle.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

I'd like to add Steve Clarke to the list if no one else has mentioned him (can't be bothered to read all the replies).

Not sure what people see in Warburton. He didn't pull up any trees down the road and he wasn't that good at Rangers (A Celtic friend of mine continually goes on about how bad he was). His best days were at Brentford when he had a good setup around him. I don't see him being given much help in the recruiting department as we're setup right now, and I'm not sure he'd turn this team around in to something that we believe is "The Derby Way".

What has Steve Clarke achieved??

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Good point. Probably fair to also mention he has never managed above a 50% win rate in any role and only ever won one promotion - from Div 2 with Carlisle.

you do realise that in management less than 1% of managers have 50% win rate or better?

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I reckon that’s Warnock

Doubt it. I reckon it's someone without a job to save Mel having to pay compensation. Not sure if experience means in the Championship or just in general, but some potential names are McCarthy, Allardyce, Pardew, Jol, Lambert and Redknapp. Not the most exciting list of candidates ?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Doubt it. I reckon it's someone without a job to save Mel having to pay compensation. Not sure if experience means in the Championship or just in general, but some potential names are McCarthy, Allardyce, Pardew, Jol, Lambert and Redknapp. Not the most exciting list of candidates ?

I just think the unlikely part is the fact that they’re in the Prem. I’m not sure if I’m remembering this right but didn’t warnock try to our job a few years ago, and when he didn’t get it he said he’d of definitely got our squad up? 

I don’t think I’d want anyone on that list, apart from Big Sam but no way that would happen

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I just think the unlikely part is the fact that they’re in the Prem. I’m not sure if I’m remembering this right but didn’t warnock try to our job a few years ago, and when he didn’t get it he said he’d of definitely got our squad up? 

I don’t think I’d want anyone on that list, apart from Big Sam but no way that would happen

I've definitely heard him on the radio a few times over recent years saying he would have loved to have managed us. Just can't see it being him. I'd guess he got some sort of wage rise after promotion and even if he didn't, they'd probably offer him a big new deal the minute we came sniffing

Archived