Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It doesn’t automatically make him poor either. I seem to re-call many saying that Zidane would flop at Real Madrid because he has no experience. The rest is history

Wasn’t the fact that Zidane had arguably one of the best squads at his disposal, with arguably the best player in the world? 

Now stick him in a squad where he has to cut the deficit, utilise limited resources and balance the books with an aging squad, still think he’d walk on water? No chance! 

This isn’t some ex players play toy that if he ****s upche can just walk away with his hands in his pockets, this is our football club, get this wrong and there is no reason to suggest why we couldn’t feesibly be relegated, it’s happened to bigger clubs than us. 

We need an experienced head to guide us through this rough patch and build us back up, this calls for experience, not an experiment

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derbados said:

Wasn’t the fact that Zidane had arguably one of the best squads at his disposal, with arguably the best player in the world? 

Now stick him in a squad where he has to cut the deficit, utilise limited resources and balance the books with an aging squad, still think he’d walk on water? No chance! 

This isn’t some ex players play toy that if he ****s upche can just walk away with his hands in his pockets, this is our football club, get this wrong and there is no reason to suggest why we couldn’t feesibly be relegated, it’s happened to bigger clubs than us. 

We need an experienced head to guide us through this rough patch and build us back up, this calls for experience, not an experiment

If it was that easy then why did Mourinho, ancelotti, Benitez and pellegrini fail despite having so much experience between them.

If Lampard was terrible here, he would probably be sacked so there would no chance of us getting relegated as Mel would replace him quickly.

8 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

At least he’s not failed several times already,it’s a gamble but let’s enjoy the ride if this happens and I certainly think the football will be better than what was served up under the snake.

Why not get his Uncle Arry back as DOF too!

I’ve been fortunate enough to meet Frank and he really is a very intelligent fella.

He speaks very well and I could see him being very influential on all players young and old at our club. 

You never know he could be the X factor in realising “The Derby Way”  

I know this really is left of field but the more I think of the possibility of FL cutting his managerial teeth here, the more I like it. 

People saying Lampard might not be a good coach as he hasn’t done much yet in terms of taking sessions. Remember big managers such as Ferguson were not coaches - they had the number 2s to do that side of things. They were the man managers and the ones able to persuade players to sign. Jody Morris has a fantastic record of coaching with young players. If we could get those 2 in together, that would be by far the most exciting appointment for me. 

He's definitely one of the most intelligent players ever to grace the game. It would also bring a bit of a buzz. However, whatever we say about him is all hypothetical. It's different being an intelligent footballer and an intelligent manager. 

He isn't a coach, he isn't anything. I don't think that's a huge issue, because being a good football manager is like being a good salesman. You can be taught all the tricks in the book, you can have all the experience too, but it's the unique slight differences that makes it a success or not. 

I'm open minded to whoever comes through the door. I would be happier with some more than others, but ultimately I don't care about what they have or haven't done. No guarantee anyone will have success, no guarantee anyone will play how you want to play. Lampard wouldn't be my first choice, but who knows. 

I'm pretty sure lampard wouldn't take the job if he didnt think he could work under the circumstances needed. Like I said on here before he would be in it for himself aswell as whoever gives him a chance. None of this rowett 'its my dream job' bull. He wants to succeed for his career. I dont see how that can be a bad thing. And older manager with 'experience' is all well and good but what if it's bad experience.  When it goes downhill they just throw their arms in the air and walk out waiting for the next club in trouble to ask them to try again. 

Lampard would need this. He'd be giving it his all. If it goes badly we move on and go again with someone new. Lampard could struggle to get another job. He's not gonna take it if it doesn't suit him

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm open minded to whoever comes through the door. I would be happier with some more than others, but ultimately I don't care about what they have or haven't done. No guarantee anyone will have success, no guarantee anyone will play how you want to play. Lampard wouldn't be my first choice, but who knows. 

I'd probably take him over the musical chairs brigade - Alardyce, Pardew, Moyes etc, and the left-field/in-house posse - Stimac, Waffle.....

Im happy with Lampard maybe he has a glowing reputation from within the game like The Artera situation at Arsenal. None of the fans wanted him but loads rated him to be class 

Zidane unproven done a decent job. Pep was unproven this could be a masterstroke better than the ‘experianced failures’ in my opinion   

Just now, G-Ram said:

Zidane unproven done a decent job. Pep was unproven this could be a masterstroke better than the ‘experianced failures’ in my opinion   

I agree with the general sentiment, that Lampard could work, but Zidane, Pep? come on, one had Real Madrid, the other had Barcelona FFS! 

Just now, StaffsRam said:

I agree with the general sentiment, that Lampard could work, but Zidane, Pep? come on, one had Real Madrid, the other had Barcelona FFS! 

Realise its different in that respect but Pep completely changed barca offloaded players and changed the way they played. higher pressured job if anything?

Just think Fat Frank might be a good appointment but nobody knows for sure. Im happy to take the gamble probably has loads of contacts for loans 

Just now, G-Ram said:

Realise its different in that respect but Pep completely changed barca offloaded players and changed the way they played. higher pressured job if anything?

Just think Fat Frank might be a good appointment but nobody knows for sure. Im happy to take the gamble probably has loads of contacts for loans 

Both were also club men that knew their respective clubs inside out. They knew the clubs, they knew the league. Lampard won't really know either, so I'd struggle to compare his situation with theirs.

It'll come down to what kind of risk appetite Mel has. Given that any appointment will be a gamble, it's either more risky approach - Lampard, or less risky approach - Smith.

Archived