Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back Nigel Clough.

We need a Nigel Clough job doing.

Won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset if it did.

Much as I'd appreciate and respect appointing a young up n coming manager, I think a steady hand to navigate the choppy waters of storm force Morris sailing into a financial headwind would be a wise move.

6 minutes ago, nfb said:

Rowett is history, this squad needs a fair bit of re building, and i believe thats why Rowett has gone, as Mel is reluctant to spend it seems and at stoke Rowett will have parachute money and he's ambitious...

So, i for one think Mel has a choice to make, does he want up and coming or experience ? Hee needs to look at the squad and decide where he wants to go.

For me Paul Cook would be a decent and steady choice, altho i believe Wigan are getting a hefty slice of Asian money coming in ? so would he leave ?

I personally would like to hear Mel is talking to Slaven Bilic, i really think the guy is a good manager, and i think after his time off from WHU would be ready for a new long term challenge, (He's gonna be a pundit for ITV world cup) but whether he or anyone else could work with Meddling Mel tho...  ?

I know some of what went on at West Ham, Bilic was not a good manager, evidently training was optional, fitness levels poor and morale very poor, just check the results before and after he left. 

At the top of my list would be:

Dean Smith - Good style of football and he signed some very good young players for cheap. Doubt he's on high wages with Brentford's wage structure and Rowett's compensation would surely cover his and leave some to spare

Paul Cook - Attacking football and has got plenty of clubs promoted recently. Wigan are in takeover talks though so could be quite tricky to get him

Mark Warbuton - Decent manager and has a decent record with playing youngsters

But there's plenty of options. Another young up and coming manager, Jack Ross, David Hopkin, Paul Hurst, Danny Cowley, Frank Lampard or Chris Coleman. An experienced manager, McCarthy, Grayson, Carvalhal or Laudrup. And I'll tell you who could be a good shout, Graham Potter who's the manager at Ostersunds FK. He's done an incredible job there 

Immense disappointment to learn that Rowett will talk to Stoke. No continuity, no determination to prove himself in the long term at Derby that he can sort out the unbalanced, under-performing squad, as we fans had anticipated.

There will be no way back for GR now if he doesn't like what he hears from Stoke. Mel would be in the same place as with Steve Mac vs. Newcastle...denials, ambiguity, alerting clubs that the manager would move. Shame, but Gary is a goner at Derby.

Isn't it all great? A couple of months ago, we had the almost statutory season-ticket refund promise....the team collapsed for several weeks, squeaked in to the play-offs at the last ditch.

Then the players were again exposed for the limited, inconsistent, in-cohesive bunch that they have become - so I am not ultimately bothered if GR goes, and however many of the squad remain, are poached, or paid off. Back to Square One.

I hope it is an ambitious and exciting recruitment - but with a limited transfer budget, it's not necessarily going to attract a 'name' manager or a rising star. I hope it does though put the spotlight on revamping and improving the backroom and coaching compliment at Moor Farm; history shows it is simply inadequate.

We had better not recruit the likes of McCarthy, or Pardew. That would cork it for me. Mel might want to consider (instead of a promotion 'freebie' S/T), an extended refund period, for fans who just feel let down and disappointed.... like every year.

The truth is Clough is the best man for this job and would will win a lot fans back on side. 

Let’s get some decency and honesty back into the club. It’s been missing since Clough left.

This time around with mels money and backing Nigel will be a massive success 

1 minute ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I personally would love Pearson back. But due to personality clash that won’t happen. I genuinely believe we would have been promoted this season with him still in charge. 

I hated Pearson in his time here, however, for the job needs doing now, he wouldn't be the worst appointment. He's sort of like a Rowett with zero people skills and a 4-4-2 fetish.

I would go for an overseas manager, someone highly respected even if moving up from a No2 role - someone with contacts and connections that can spread the net wider to bring in overseas talent.

Personally I see this as a perfect scenario building here - GR will go, we get paid for him going (Christmas) and can recruit early enough in the off season to plan and rebuild for the start of the new season.

But please Mel just dont bring in one of these old hacks that have done the rounds numerous times at numerous clubs - take a punt, think exciting thoughts and maybe we can start to go places again!

I cannot think of a single reason why GR leaving is a bad thing - and Mel gets the best part of £2m !!!!!!

And I assume the Wassall comments are tongue in cheek - seriously 

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

I would go for an overseas manager, someone highly respected even if moving up from a No2 role - someone with contacts and connections that can spread the net wider to bring in overseas talent.

Personally I see this as a perfect scenario building here - GR will go, we get paid for him going (Christmas) and can recruit early enough in the off season to plan and rebuild for the start of the new season.

But please Mel just dont bring in one of these old hacks that have done the rounds numerous times at numerous clubs - take a punt, think exciting thoughts and maybe we can start to go places again!

I cannot think of a single reason why GR leaving is a bad thing - and Mel gets the best part of £2m !!!!!!

And I assume the Wassall comments are tongue in cheek - seriously 

My gut feeling is we will get one of the journeyman currently out of work to replace him...Mel won't want to cough up much in compensation/ Paul Simpson might be the other possibility.....

56 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

If we appoint old Mick, Lambert, Moyes, Pardew or big Sam then my interest in the club rapidly dwindles.

Not overly fussed about Rowett going but I fear greatly what comes next.

Rapidly dwindles? Mine would fall off a f00king cliff!!!

It encourages me that this time we're hearing a lot less people calling for the likes of Warnock, Pearson type managers and more for less well known names who are known for better football. Any manager with an emphasis on keeping the ball and playing attacking football has my full support.

Laudrup would be ideal. Paul Cook could build us as a team. Outside shot would be Potter but don’t think we’d be the right team to give him time to make mistakes as a young up and coming Manager. 

Archived