Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Good.

are we really that bothered - I'm not sure what Phillips had to offer - well nothing  - as we rarely got over half way......

so they can all clear off as far as I'm concerned

1 hour ago, WestLondonRam said:

That will last 9 months. 

He will be out by December. Clubs that have just been relegated have fan bases that are a lot less patient than ours. With the way Rowett sets up his teams, three losses in a row would make him end up looking silly just like Gary Monk with Boro.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Have you got some sort of secret camera installed?

You'll be saying you know about our secret membership cards and handshake next.

?

10 hours ago, archied said:

Didn’t hear the stuff regards rowett courting other clubs whilst at brum ?

Jordan said it was common knowledge within football circles, and he mentioned something about Gary turning down a wage increase which led to the owners frustration boiling over and sacking him. The owners didnt think Gary was committed to the club. 

I did wander if he was courting Derby during that period, but Jordan didnt name a club. 

40 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I wish he would take our fitness coach with him!

He’s been here years and we are still never on the same level of fitness as any other team.

Need to get Shane Nicholson is as a fitness coach , heard nothing but good reports. 

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

First caller "Stoke are a massive club, far bigger than Derby" ok mate.

I’m well jealous of supporting a team in Staffordshire that won one league cup 50 years ago tbf. Great place to watch football too, definately isn’t just our ground with the corners removed because they don’t have enough fans willing to be known as a stoke supporter...

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

First caller "Stoke are a massive club, far bigger than Derby" ok mate.

Which is why they used to cry on 606 all the time that the media ignored them because they were Stoke, played pants football and noone outside stoke thinks they're a big club.

I think a few years in the premier league has deluded them, the top flight has hardly missed the likes of Leeds, villa, Sunderland who are all bigger club's than Stoke.

Archived