Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

He signed the contract with them last night apparently, seems to be a case of sorting out the money they give to us now. I hope Mel digs his heels in to a certain degree in terms of getting the full compo amount but not being greedy to make the deal fall through

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d keep schtuum til the contracts are signed then I’d issue a statement saying DCFC will not be doing any further business with Stoke City Football Club in the foreseeable future. 

I’d be damned if I would do any business that makes them stronger while weakening us. If either of them make it plain they want to leave I’d say fine, but you will not be sold to Stoke City, like it or lump it.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d keep schtuum til the contracts are signed then I’d issue a statement saying DCFC will not be doing any further business with Stoke City Football Club in the foreseeable future. 

I’d be damned if I would do any business that makes them stronger while weakening us. If either of them make it plain they want to leave I’d fine, but you will not be sold to Stoke City, like it or lump it.

Even Butterfield?

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Don't really understand the Stoke fans excitement about Rowett. Sure he's done well this year but the general consensus was we've gone backwards not forwards. 

They've had Mark Hughes and Paul Lambert football recently - a one-leeged blind halfwit would have them excited for better football - plus don't forget, these are Stokies!

1 minute ago, archied said:

Maybe derby are tying up our new manager and wait is to announce at same time?

No it’s one bit of paperwork but he will be confirmed tonight.  

Sad at this but I move on. 

Up the Rams. 

I am a little bit upset with all this now 

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

***** sake stoke hurry up, I’ve got work to do!

Don’t worry mate it’s going through.

The Stoke fans are happy with it and  their Chairman Peter Coates for doing the deal 

Caller said great to here Derby fan though 

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

our crowd is the best around when it comes to applauding players/managers who have done right by us and gave there best when they return .   Let's hope Rowett gets that special reception we only save for the select few like paul Williams and paul kitson  when he slithers back to pride park.

Paul Kitson used to post on here, or at least he confessed to being Paul on another board..

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

No it’s one bit of paperwork but he will be confirmed tonight.  

Sad at this but I move on. 

Up the Rams. 

I am a little bit upset with all this now 

Well I hope they are better at doing paperwork than that Kieftenbeld (spelling) lad at Birmingham was.

As an aside, are you on the phone to Rowett,  you seem to know the the intricacies of this deal.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well I hope they are better at doing paperwork than that Kieftenbeld (spelling) lad at Birmingham was.

As an aside, are you on the phone to Rowett,  you seem to know the the intricacies of this deal.

No just listening to the Stoke phone in mate. 

They are happy so deal will go through.

No grumbles from their end. 

Radio Stoke saying one bit of paperwork to fill in but no idea what it entails. 

Stoke fans happy with the deal - if I were them I'd be slightly concerned that most of us seem to be as well.

I thought Stoke would be one of the contenders next season. Not so much now. They deserve a Darwin Award for this, they really do. 

Actually quite disappointed now with Gary going.. 

We FINALLY get a decent song about him and his team filled with 30year olds and he does this!! Unforgivable..

Morris had better install someone with a similar sounding name.

God this club kicks you when you are down.

Archived