Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

6 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Yet Cardiff won automatic playing basic football under and English manager.... and Norwich are 14th with a fancy German manager from Dortmund who brought 4 Dortmund coaches with him and getting 60%+ possession every game. Be careful what you wish for?

I think you should stick with Rowett personally...., has only had one summer, and in that summer he lost Will Hughes and you've been restricted by high earning deadwood like Darren Bent and Jason Shackell who you will get off the payroll in 6 weeks.

I don't think sacking a manager who finishes 6th is the way forward. 

Loaning out Bryson to a team that transpired to be a promotional rival must go down as a bit of a balls up though. Presumably somebody decided that Cardiff were bang average mid-table material, which in fairness most bookies and punters would have agreed with. 

And yet I'd still rather have a Norwich season ticket over a Cardiff one. I don't want to watch a side that cheb the ball into the box every time they get a throw in past the half way line, even if they play in the fabled Premier League.

Just to clarify, he didn't lose Hughes. He chose to sell. He didn't play him at the back end of last season and the guy was gone barely two weeks into the summer window. Rowett literally couldn't wait to give away our best player.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 points said:

The small matter of our current captain and for me, POTY, Curtis Davies - £500k buddy. 

Anyway, cheer up you! And good luck with your exams too ?

I was considering wages as a factor in that too, I don't believe Curtis is on anything other than top end Championship wages! 

Thank you! 

was at Craven Cottage last night and like 2000 other Rams fans i was disappointed , but to come on here and read some of the bilge and hanging out to dry of a lot of the players , manager and club by so called fans who sit in their armchairs , salivating until the final whistle goes so they can come on here and rip everything apart about a club i love , the fans there last night were tremendous , stuck with the side through thick and thin , i know who i would want on my side , hang your heads you so called Rams fans , find something else to do on a Saturday and leave the proper fans to support this club back to where it belongs

2 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

was at Craven Cottage last night and like 2000 other Rams fans i was disappointed , but to come on here and read some of the bilge and hanging out to dry of a lot of the players , manager and club by so called fans who sit in their armchairs , salivating until the final whistle goes so they can come on here and rip everything apart about a club i love , the fans there last night were tremendous , stuck with the side through thick and thin , i know who i would want on my side , hang your heads you so called Rams fans , find something else to do on a Saturday and leave the proper fans to support this club back to where it belongs

I also went to the game last night, and just like every game I've game ive gone to this season I've sung and encouraged whoever puts on the shirt. But, the fact is I feel the same as the original post. I'll never boo our players or our manager but I'm sick of this football. If anyone has ripped the club you support apart it's a combination of Mel/Pearson/Rowett. I always struggle to moan about Mel because he has pumped a lot of money into the club but as a chairman with an apparent 'Derby way' philosophy, why hire management that don't want to play that way ? We don't use the youngsters, we don't play good football, we haven't signed players that are going to increase in value. That last ones his loss because its his money.

Pearson started the negative football and tearing up of the squad and you could see it didn't work. Then we get Gary in who has pretty much carried that on. The only thing that has saved Gary from the sack is the fact that he used to play for us and we have sacked a lot in the past few years.

I understand you want people to be positive but you've also got to understand that people are worried for the future.  

The fans last night where bloody crybabies if anything ? Why do fans feel the need to start squawking when the camera pans on them? The ultimate cringe from any watching opposition fan. Sure, i'm passionate and it saddens me to lose but crying me sen in the missus arms? Never, not over a bag of air being kicked around anyway.

16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The fans last night where bloody crybabies if anything ? Why do fans feel the need to start squawking when the camera pans on them? The ultimate cringe from any watching opposition fan. Sure, i'm passionate and it saddens me to lose but crying me sen in the missus arms? Never, not over a bag of air being kicked around anyway.

Wasn't it showing a young lad and two women?

26 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I also went to the game last night, and just like every game I've game ive gone to this season I've sung and encouraged whoever puts on the shirt. But, the fact is I feel the same as the original post. I'll never boo our players or our manager but I'm sick of this football. If anyone has ripped the club you support apart it's a combination of Mel/Pearson/Rowett. I always struggle to moan about Mel because he has pumped a lot of money into the club but as a chairman with an apparent 'Derby way' philosophy, why hire management that don't want to play that way ? We don't use the youngsters, we don't play good football, we haven't signed players that are going to increase in value. That last ones his loss because its his money.

Pearson started the negative football and tearing up of the squad and you could see it didn't work. Then we get Gary in who has pretty much carried that on. The only thing that has saved Gary from the sack is the fact that he used to play for us and we have sacked a lot in the past few years.

I understand you want people to be positive but you've also got to understand that people are worried for the future.  

Pretty much this....I wish it wasn't so and I wish gary wasn't proving many right in their fears of his management,including me,but I too see him continuing the work of Pearson and that makes me both sad and angry.

It is a fickle game as another 45 minutes of holding them back and we'd have been collectively hailing a defensive masterclass...but we didn't and questions will eventually need to be asked about the sustainability of playing that sort of football long term. We had a combined 31% of the ball against Fulham averaged across the two games and it seems like this non-possession football is showing our opponents far too much respect, why can't we play a little? I was a little raw last night but I am quite thankful today as I don't think we're anyway near ready to be promoted with this squad - we would be more likely to challenge the 11 point lowest total than compete to stay up. I can just imagine what setting up like that against City would get us, probably smashed 10-0. A Fulham away type match would have been one of our easiest games next year in the Prem... and yet they looked a different class. Fair play and good luck to them.

20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were poor tonight. But the way Rowett set us up and then didn't change it before Fulham scored - you could see we were struggling. ******** another year of negative Rowettball. Too much for me.

Goodbye then Roymac5 certainly not a Rams fan. We'll not miss you.

10 hours ago, Anon said:

And yet I'd still rather have a Norwich season ticket over a Cardiff one. I don't want to watch a side that cheb the ball into the box every time they get a throw in past the half way line, even if they play in the fabled Premier League.

Just to clarify, he didn't lose Hughes. He chose to sell. He didn't play him at the back end of last season and the guy was gone barely two weeks into the summer window. Rowett literally couldn't wait to give away our best player.

Didn't rowett say that Hughes wanted to play in the prem ? 

Actually scratch that... rowett did say Hughes asked to leave it was on rams tv 

so that my friend is utter ******** 

If we are to play as a counter attacking team he needs to get rid of the slow tempo in his ageing squad and sign players suited to that play, at the moment he hasn’t got that and I fear next season will be mid table until he’s able to move some on to get the right balance, however I don’t think he’ll get that chance and we’ll be saying the same in the 19/20 season with a new manager

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Didn't rowett say that Hughes wanted to play in the prem ? 

Actually scratch that... rowett did say Hughes asked to leave it was on rams tv 

so that my friend is utter ******** 

But why did he want to leave?.....was it just the bright lights of the prem?

I suspect it didn't help that he was left out of the team by Gary in the previous season and saw the writing on the wall,just like Russell did....I doubt he enjoyed playing this system.....

Or was it like once who was told by Gary that he wasn't required and we welcome to go despite thinking he still had a future at derby?

Bryson,martin,russell,hughes......all gone,was that an accident?

1 minute ago, Ilsonram12 said:

If we are to play as a counter attacking team he needs to get rid of the slow tempo in his ageing squad and sign players suited to that play, at the moment he hasn’t got that and I fear next season will be mid table until he’s able to move some on to get the right balance, however I don’t think he’ll get that chance and we’ll be saying the same in the 19/20 season with a new manager

It's also the quality in big moments. You have to be very clinical if you've only really got a few good chances against a team like Fulham... Wasted plenty last night (and, to lesser extent, at home) because the quality didn't match the athleticism.

Just now, Kennington Ram said:

It's also the quality in big moments. You have to be very clinical if you've only really got a few good chances against a team like Fulham... Wasted plenty last night (and, to lesser extent, at home) because the quality didn't match the athleticism.

Exactly, 2 shots on target in 180 minutes is poor by anyone’s standards 

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Goodbye then Roymac5 certainly not a Rams fan. We'll not miss you.

Can we get out of just telling people to go support Forest or some other such rubbish? 

Think over a 90 minute game the point is pretty valid and an unwillingness to debate it validates it further

39 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

But why did he want to leave?.....was it just the bright lights of the prem?

I suspect it didn't help that he was left out of the team by Gary in the previous season and saw the writing on the wall,just like Russell did....I doubt he enjoyed playing this system.....

Or was it like once who was told by Gary that he wasn't required and we welcome to go despite thinking he still had a future at derby?

Bryson,martin,russell,hughes......all gone,was that an accident?

I think it's quite simple 

he wanted to play in the premiership 

rowett said this in his interview that Hughes said he wanted to 

so if we're doing conspiracy theories then here's mine

rowett ... knowing Hughes wants to play in the prem, and knowing that this derby team, having just taken over are in a very comfortable mid table with **** all to play for, knows he needs to see what the players are like that will be with him next season in competitive action ?

just a thought ? 

but let's go with your more extravagant one lol

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think it's quite simple 

he wanted to play in the premiership 

rowett said this in his interview that Hughes said he wanted to 

so if we're doing conspiracy theories then here's mine

rowett ... knowing Hughes wants to play in the prem, and knowing that this derby team, having just taken over are in a very comfortable mid table with **** all to play for, knows he needs to see what the players are like that will be with him next season in competitive action ?

just a thought ? 

but let's go with your more extravagant one lol

Rowett also said he will sign young and hungry players.

Yep. I'll stick with the conspiracy as he just talks what fans like to hear e.g. case notts forest.

Archived