Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Go on.... test me...

I think you know exactly what I'm referring to. 

It's funny, he moans about someone at the club doing a bad job and you give him abuse. Has there been a time in the past where you two were in reversed roles??

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were poor tonight. But the way Rowett set us up and then didn't change it before Fulham scored - you could see we were struggling. ******** another year of negative Rowettball. Too much for me.

We were poor tonight and I agree he should have changed it at half time in my opinion but he cannot he blames for so many players not handling the ball well or having a nightmare and not being able to pass the Ball in their half. 

Get off his back, I trust him to rebuild this team which is exactly what he needs to do. His biggest mistake for me is Lawrence, too much money for an average player but he’s done a decent job with what he has in my opinion

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The irony in this post. He should disappear, but once a ram always a ram? Roy Mac is clearly a ram, he just doesn't agree with you, and you're too offended by his viewpoints you feel the need to attack him as a person and say he isn't a real fan.

No you have me all wrong RoyMac5 only posts when we lose, some of the posters on here LOVE it when we lose, and as a true Ram that is so wrong. Gary has done a good job in his first full season in charge but that's my opinion and many other right minded fans agree with this.

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Get off his back, I trust him to rebuild this team which is exactly what he needs to do. His biggest mistake for me is Lawrence, too much money for an average player but he’s done a decent job with what he has in my opinion

Lol. Lawrence is a decent player - under a more positive manger he'd be more like Ince.

Rowetts done the job required of him and there’s not much more to it really, I expected top six and we got it, no more, no less. I ain’t a massive fan of Rowett and would never have appointed him, but you can’t be calling for his head now. Question his style yes, I don’t think it’s sustainable in the slightest and that’s why we’ve come unstuck today. But can you really expect much more with our investment in the windows so far that he’s had? I don’t think so, not in results anyway.

I don’t know where we go from here however. If Rowett doesn’t change his style then we aint gonna have long term success, I can assure you of that. I’m not one of those that advocates style over substance, but nowadays the two go hand in hand. What will he do in the summer? That’s the question now, big changes are needed to fix the underlying issues of lack of pace and composure, but will we get the investment to do it? I’m not so sure.

Either way up I’ve got A-levels starting on Wednesday and I need straight As, so I suppose I’d better cheer up and get going with that or I won’t make it to uni and I’ll have to do my coaching badges instead? Then the world really is *******

Just now, Derby blood said:

No you have me all wrong RoyMac5 only posts when we lose, some of the posters on here LOVE it when we lose, and as a true Ram that is so wrong. Gary in his first season in my opinion and many other right minded fans agree with this.

Probably because he doesn't feel he has stuff to add on top when we win, I don't know. Gary ISN'T in his first season, that's a fact, he was our manager last season. His bedding in period was the period he refused to play Will Hughes, our best player. No Derby fans love when we lose. Not a single one. I posted negatively tonight, yet I'm absolutely pissed off that we lost.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Either way up I’ve got A-levels starting on Wednesday and I need straight As,

Good luck! I've got my final uni exam tomorrow, and I couldn't watch Derby without drinking so that should be interesting ?

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I think you know exactly what I'm referring to. 

It's funny, he moans about someone at the club doing a bad job and you give him abuse. Has there been a time in the past where you two were in reversed roles??

Not sure entirely what you mean here? Only dispute I can remember with roy is Chris Martin?  

Which is pretty irrelevant on tonight isn't it?

Just now, Andicis said:

Good luck! I've got my final uni exam tomorrow, and I couldn't watch Derby without drinking so that should be interesting ?

Aha cheers, I managed to avoid that particular one... just a bottle coke and a bag of crisps for me... I’ll make up for it in the World Cup though? Good luck to you as well, shame these things have to come after a night like tonight!

Could've been worse.

OK, we're probably in for a dull season or two as we digest the consequences of failing to gain promotion. It might be a grind next year, but I trust Rowett to be a bit like Nigel Clough was and get in players with good character for not huge fees and get just enough results wise to keep us going. bit of stability and more of a team starting to build. We had years of ability failing through lack of character, this year we failed on ability, but we got ourselves out of a bad slump in time to make the top six, and a few aberrations aside (Burton, Sunderland etc) for the most part we weren't easy to beat. 

I'm ambivalently resigned to being a championship club and grinding along with gary rowett for a bit. we'll be back in the sunshine soon, the world cup's on, we might start seeing Elsnik and his generation come through (hope we don't see Thomas to West Ham though).

I'm not convinced we be going anywhere significantly better if we brought back Mac3 or went with someone completely different.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

but I trust Rowett to be a bit like Nigel Clough was and get in players with good character for not huge fees

Why? He hasn't shown this with his other transfers for us, all the players he signed for us are seemingly on huge wages, like Davies (obviously a great player), Hudds, Jerome etc are all on top Championship wages, why do you think overnight he will sign cheap players, when he has never shown that before?

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

No our tactics where praised after our first game by many ex players, stop jumping on the bandwagon we where not good enough, Fulham are a Very good team, and NO one thought we would even finish top six, so please give Gary some credit, good first season in charge, think we will will have a very GOOD season next year, looking forward to it already.

Jeez mate, do you even read my posts. 

I’m not jumping on any bandwagon as my view has been the same all season. 

As I PREVIOUSLY (I know you like capital letters) stated, Gary’s style, tenure, soundbites, etc has polarised opinion and because of that, it’s polarised Derby fans. That suggests something don’t you think?

There’s merits in both camps but because I have my opinion, it seems to mean to you that I’m completely wrong. Which ironically, is wrong.

I’m looking forward to next season too but just in a different way to you. Do you get it? 

Btw - what will be a VERY good season? If we don’t get to the play offs for example, will you be happy with Gary? You’ve alluded we have the players AND the tactics so what’s the benchmark?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were poor tonight. But the way Rowett set us up and then didn't change it before Fulham scored - you could see we were struggling. ******** another year of negative Rowettball. Too much for me.

Predictable. Iv seen you're posts from afar. Kept quiet since circa Barnsley and produce this drivel. Surely find something else to do if you are that angry with Rowett. Embarrassing yourself. 

Awful post, the amount of sh*it you given me aswell for past posts! I think we set up perfectly first half, when they scored yes then we went all wrong, we waited till they scored again to go at them! We have to give Rowett time mate 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why? He hasn't shown this with his other transfers for us, all the players he signed for us are seemingly on huge wages, like Davies (obviously a great player), Hudds, Jerome etc are all on top Championship wages, why do you think overnight he will sign cheap players, when he has never shown that before?

Brum, Burton...has stated character is important to him on every player he signs, wont be able to spend big fees, and we got HUdds and Davies for pretty good fees even if their wages are high. Jerome was an odd one, worker, but last few games aside, basicaly, poop.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Brum, Burton...has stated character is important to him on every player he signs, wont be able to spend big fees, and we got HUdds and Davies for pretty good fees even if their wages are high. Jerome was an odd one, worker, but last few games aside, basicaly, poop.

Shouldn't you only take Derby into account though, he has had two transfer windows at Derby, has he signed a single player on a cheap!? They all seem to be expensive, either in fee or wages, so I don't think using brum or Burton as an example is fair. Doesn't mean they're bad players, I just don't think they are the way that you imply.

6 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Jeez mate, do you even read my posts. 

I’m not jumping on any bandwagon as my view has been the same all season. 

As I PREVIOUSLY (I know you like capital letters) stated, Gary’s style, tenure, soundbites, etc has polarised opinion and because of that, it’s polarised Derby fans. That suggests something don’t you think?

There’s merits in both camps but because I have my opinion, it seems to mean to you that I’m completely wrong. Which ironically, is wrong.

I’m looking forward to next season too but just in a different way to you. Do you get it? 

Btw - what will be a VERY good season? If we don’t get to the play offs for example, will you be happy with Gary? You’ve alluded we have the players AND the tactics so what’s the benchmark?

Gary will get the job done, by that I mean promotion next season, so yes you will enjoy next season, hope you have your season ticket, you will have a season to remember, remember who told you this LOL.

I can't be the only one who enjoyed our two playoff games surely?

OK we don't get to play at Wembley this season but we get to see our team experience its usual highs and lows.

My only negative impression of tonight's match is that at the time that Fulhan scored twice our otherwise successful tactics went out the window and we kept skying the ball.

Remember Cloughie's maxim. "If we had been meant to play highballs the clouds would have had grass on 'em!"

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Shouldn't you only take Derby into account though, he has had two transfer windows at Derby, has he signed a single player on a cheap!? They all seem to be expensive, either in fee or wages, so I don't think using brum or Burton as an example is fair. Doesn't mean they're bad players, I just don't think they are the way that you imply.

OK, fair enough, but I hardly think we're going to p*** Mel's money up the wall anymore either.

Archived