Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were poor tonight. But the way Rowett set us up and then didn't change it before Fulham scored - you could see we were struggling. ******** another year of negative Rowettball. Too much for me.

You were gagging for us to screw up tonight wer'nt u, gagging 

fancy... we're starting a new season with the same manager that started this one..

this might sound revolutionary but perhaps by giving a manager more than 2 transfer windows we might see something that resembles less a jigsaw mush mash of a side put together with god knows how many mangers signings, ideas and philosophies 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Warburton, Paul Hurst, Michael Laudrup, Marco Silva, Jokanovic, off the top of my head.

Warburton, zero promotions, failed at rangers and forest.

Laudrup - not beloved at Swansea, which is enough to put me off. Would he be interested?

Silva, after a brief good stint Watford went south big style. Like we've seen us do under McClaren a couple of times.

Jokanovic, OK, yeah, he's going to come here....

Hurst, lower league manager, could he step up?

So, you've reeled off 5 totally better managers than Rowett, of whom, the only one you could really argue is the guy who just beat us. Why not chuck in Bruce and Warnock and the Wolves guy, who at least can crow about being promoted from the division,

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Laudrup - not beloved at Swansea, which is enough to put me off. Would he be interested?

Silva, after a brief good stint Watford went south big style. Like we've seen us do under McClaren a couple of times.

So, you've reeled off 5 totally better managers than Rowett, of whom, the only one you could really argue is the guy who just beat us. Why not chuck in Bruce and Warnock and the Wolves guy, who at least can crow about being promoted from the division,

The OP was challenged with naming 5 managers more better equipped than Rowett which in their opinion they have done.  Just saying like. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I reeled off 5 managers who will play attacking, on the floor football. Laudrup did a great job at Swansea, Warburton was sacked completely unfairly at Forest and would fit us perfectly after Mac. Silva did a great job at Hull too, or will ya forget that part? Why won't Jokanovic come here if Fulham fail and we offer enough ££££££££££. Hurst got Shrewsbury from a nothing club to Wembley. We got Champions League players like Huddlestone to fail.

34 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Do me a favour pal, and watch the teams in the North East, we do not need negative supporters like yourself.

Gary will get the job done, by that I mean promotion next season, so yes you will enjoy next season, hope you have your season ticket, you will have a season to remember, remember who told you this LOL

Rowett was here last summer and his recruitment went against what he publicly said ...what makes anyone think that this summer he’s going to recruit differently and play a more attacking style ??.

Sky said we had 2 shots on target across both games!!!  and yet expect our defence and keeper to defend like trojans keeping there efforts on goal to a minimum ...well I think they done that and although both goals were poor defensively tonight why does GR not say we need more shots and attacks and more of the ball and therefore more control of the game and ease the burden on our defence and keeper a bit, we have the best keeper in the division as well 

I think defensively this season we,ve been pretty good considering how much of the ball we don’t usually have ...on sky GR said both goals were defensively poor ..yes!! Get that Gary but what about 2 on target in 2 games ???...don’t create enough And the worry is why will GR change this summer preparing for next season but didn’t do it last summer ??? ..This is Gary’s style and it ain’t gonna change...you dont win many games with that ratio...go away on holiday now GR and have a think ....play exciting attacking football and try and keep the ball more ....please!!!!!!

ps...and get some younger players who have something to prove ....Baylis,Maddison , Marriott etc etc 

Rowett is soooo negative, hes got his head screwed on tactically however i think he just focuses too much on what the opposition are going to do and not enough on what we can do. we are so one dimensional and predictable. 

i dont like him as a manager and i wouldnt be slightly arsed if he was shown the door,  but i do believe hes trying his best, i just wish he would take the shackles off the players.

at the moment hes just a really **** mourinho 

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Gary will get the job done, by that I mean promotion next season, so yes you will enjoy next season, hope you have your season ticket, you will have a season to remember, remember who told you this LOL

The most sensible post you have ever posted. lOL. You have seen the light.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I reeled off 5 managers who will play attacking, on the floor football. Laudrup did a great job at Swansea, Warburton was sacked completely unfairly at Forest and would fit us perfectly after Mac. Silva did a great job at Hull too, or will ya forget that part? Why won't Jokanovic come here if Fulham fail and we offer enough ££££££££££. Hurst got Shrewsbury from a nothing club to Wembley. We got Champions League players like Huddlestone to fail.

I used to live in Swansea and got many Jack mates, the team didn't get better under Laudrup at all, the credit lies with Rodgers and they did ok for a while before starting to decline.

Was he really, unfairly sacked at Forest? They couldn't buy a win.

Granted, but hardly pretty (your requirement) and ultimately unsuccessful.

We're skint(ish) budget wise and if he wants away from fulham we're not likely to be the only suitor.

Wembley, in a lower division play off. You realise Rowett got Burton Albion to Wembley, don't you.

This there's loads of managers who'd deffo do a better job than Rowett trope is basically mince. There's loads of mangers who'd try to play differently, but that's not the same as guaranteeing they'd achieve more, which seemed to be part of your beef with Rowett. And our record of tolerating play on the floor attacking football managers who lose games is that we don't tolerate them, we pour vitriol on them for having no bottle, fight passion, spirit etc. See Mac1, Mac2, DazWaz, Paul Clement.....

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And our record of tolerating play on the floor attacking football managers who lose games is that we don't tolerate them, we pour vitriol on them for having no bottle, fight passion, spirit etc. See Mac1, Mac2, DazWaz, Paul Clement....

Speak for yourself.

Just now, Andicis said:

Speak for yourself.

Just going on how I've experienced our recent years. I didn't want McClaren sacked, but there were plenty who did. There was much clamour to swap Wassall for Nigel Peason, we did with horrific results. Clement hardly got much chance to turn things around and lots of people moaned about how boring possession was.

To be honest with you, I'm not in love with Rowett's style, but I can see the merit in it if we actually ever get good at playing that way and he's basically in my view done enough to meet expectations but there's a whole load of rose tints and grass is greener about other managers.

1 hour ago, cymru said:

British manager hoff ball foreign manager plays football tonight says it all  mel please do the right decision

Yet Cardiff won automatic playing basic football under and English manager.... and Norwich are 14th with a fancy German manager from Dortmund who brought 4 Dortmund coaches with him and getting 60%+ possession every game. Be careful what you wish for?

I think you should stick with Rowett personally...., has only had one summer, and in that summer he lost Will Hughes and you've been restricted by high earning deadwood like Darren Bent and Jason Shackell who you will get off the payroll in 6 weeks.

I don't think sacking a manager who finishes 6th is the way forward. 

Loaning out Bryson to a team that transpired to be a promotional rival must go down as a bit of a balls up though. Presumably somebody decided that Cardiff were bang average mid-table material, which in fairness most bookies and punters would have agreed with. 

5 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

How wasn't it set up right ? It was set up the same as the first leg and "that was a tactical masterclass" from Rowett by the media ! 

Sitting on a 1-0 lead when you are in the first leg at home and clearly your defence is hanging on by luck, is hardly a tactical masterclass. More like a recipe to lose in the 2nd leg. 

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We were poor tonight. But the way Rowett set us up and then didn't change it before Fulham scored - you could see we were struggling. ******** another year of negative Rowettball. Too much for me.

Close the door quietly on your way out please pal. Ta.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Either way up I’ve got A-levels starting on Wednesday and I need straight As, so I suppose I’d better cheer up and get going with that or I won’t make it to uni and I’ll have to do my coaching badges instead? Then the world really is *******

Good luck with your exams young'un. You seem a bright spark to me so I've no doubt you'll fly them. My lad's at UCL and has his last first year exam today. Hopefully the summer will be a warm and languorous one and you youngsters can make hay. Not that I'm remotely jealous of course ?

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Shouldn't you only take Derby into account though, he has had two transfer windows at Derby, has he signed a single player on a cheap!? They all seem to be expensive, either in fee or wages, so I don't think using brum or Burton as an example is fair. Doesn't mean they're bad players, I just don't think they are the way that you imply.

The small matter of our current captain and for me, POTY, Curtis Davies - £500k buddy. 

Anyway, cheer up you! And good luck with your exams too ?

Archived