Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Clearly none of us will never truly know the answer 

but u think rowetts or any manager would leave a player out of his ability if Hughes and his agent hadn't made it clear he wanted to leave 

just common sense isn't it ? 

Is it?

He's Left Palmer out for most of the games since he arrived and he's a player with similar great technical ability.

Where was the sense in that?.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Clearly none of us will never truly know the answer 

but u think rowetts or any manager would leave a player out of his ability if Hughes and his agent hadn't made it clear he wanted to leave 

just common sense isn't it ? 

Then why did Hughes sign an extended contract in Jan 17, and then a few months later left the club after a new manager came in.  Why did Hughes state he didn’t suit GRs style and also KP defend the sale saying he implying he wasn’t cut out for the demands of the championship.

Common sense tells you all you need to know, he wasn’t in GRs plans.

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Then why did Hughes sign an extended contract in Jan 17, and then a few months later left the club after a new manager came in.  Why did Hughes state he didn’t suit GRs style and also KP defend the sale saying he implying he wasn’t cut out for the demands of the championship.

Very much don’t agree with you but then I’m no more in possession of ALL the FACTS than you are so we both form our opinions but they are just that ,only opinions not the facts

7 minutes ago, archied said:

Very much don’t agree with you but then I’m no more in possession of ALL the FACTS than you are so we both form our opinions but they are just that ,only opinions not the facts

I didn’t state they were facts, only that common sense based upon all the information that I have seen available points to him not being in GRs plans, unless you have seen something else ?

Its hard to believe that he wouldn’t be in GRs plans given the ability he has, but then it was difficult to understand why you would leave your top scorer on the bench for the most important game of the season.  GR has a plan and these types of players are not part of it.

28 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Wasn't it stated that it was to protect the clubs interests and to put Hughes in line with other newly arrived big earners 

But let's go with the conspiracy theories ... it's more fun ?

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Wasn't it stated that it was to protect the clubs interests and to put Hughes in line with other newly arrived big earners 

But let's go with the conspiracy theories ... it's more fun ?

Only if you made that up, just in case you want to read it though

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/01/will-hughes-commits-his-future-to-derby-county

16 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I didn’t state they were facts, only that common sense based upon all the information that I have seen available points to him not being in GRs plans, unless you have seen something else ?

Its hard to believe that he wouldn’t be in GRs plans given the ability he has, but then it was difficult to understand why you would leave your top scorer on the bench for the most important game of the season.  GR has a plan and these types of players are not part of it.

Agree ... but Lawrence is that type of player .. ie creative 

not for one minute saying that Lawrence is the same as either of vydra or Hughes but just that they are all deemed "creative"

i think rowett first and foremost wants mobility in that final third so we retain a threat at all times on the counter and that we can press the opposition quickly when the time is right

not saying I agree or against just an observation/ educated guess 

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Different view on what common sense on the whole issue is 

Though personally I was pissed off when vyds on bench V Barnsley but he got the result s needed ,, again I would have started balls out all attacking at craven cottage and surprised them but that’s just me and I’m pretty sure rowetts a better manager than me

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Only if you made that up, just in case you want to read it though

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/01/will-hughes-commits-his-future-to-derby-county

What does this prove ???

as i said to give himself a big fat pay rise 

u think willys going to say yes I'm signing this cos I want to pulling the same big bumper pay packet as some of the others that are mugging this club off 

or is he going to say I'm committing my future to the club 

try using ur loaf and some common sense 

why ostracise our most talented player if he had not already said he wanted to leave 

rowett came out and said that both Hughes and ince wanted to leave 

again, maybe he's talking utter ******** but we'll never know 

11 hours ago, TexasRam said:

We’ve been spoilt flirting with the playoffs these past few years. Next year is back to reality, we’ll sell the last of the crown Jewell’s in Vydra. We won’t replace him as per Ince and Hughes. Not much money to spend so Rowett will bring in journeymen who fit his style. And last but not least we are stuck with a manger who’s football is quite honestly the most boring I’ve seen in years. Mid table mediocrity for the foreseeable, welcome to the new Ipswich Town Rams fans.

but at least we will have this stability everyone seems to crave! 

What is your definition of exciting football?

3 hours ago, archied said:

When did rowett know we needed to move Hughes on ? Was it before he started leaving him out to try others ?  Not being funny but I honestly don’t know ,,do you ? And do you know the answer to your own question? Just seems to me that plenty on here have decided they know the answer to those questions for certain and have formed a very rigid opinion on rowett based on what they want to believe and state as 100% fact

I heard that at the time that Hughes signed his new contract it contained a clause to go to a Premier League club if we failed to get promoted, and there is an #itk poster that I discussed this with at the time.

The fact remains though that GR was not playing Hughes when play offs were still within our reach.

You would also assume that getting him to sign a new contract would be to increase his value.

Everything seems to point to it being a GR decision in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I heard that at the time that Hughes signed his new contract it contained a clause to go to a Premier League club if we failed to get promoted, and there is an #itk poster that I discussed this with at the time.

The fact remains though that GR was not playing Hughes when play offs were still within our reach.

You would also assume that getting him to sign a new contract would be to increase his value.

Everything seems to point to it being a GR decision in my opinion.

When we're the play offs in our reach last season?

septmeber /October ??lol

my memory isn't too hot having kids and lack of sleep but I don't recall us ever threatening that top six from when rowett took over 

Your right too re the release clause I read about that too, could have been utter tripe but let's not all be nieve enough to think that agents don't talk, if that was true then the minute that ink died on that contract his agent would have been banding him about 

On reflection, I think the football served up this season has been pretty dire to watch. I don't think anyone can argue with that. 

I miss the style that we used to have under Mac1 and that Fulham used against us. 

Rowett's style (If you can call it that) is only acceptable if results go our way. I was ok with the solid defence, nick a goal and win approach, however I never watched us this season and felt entertained or proud of the team. (Cardiff game and a few others excluded) Even the big victories, the cohesion was lacking going forward. 

Furthermore, there is no one In the first team I would be desperate to keep if an offer came in.  Infact selling Luke Thomas concerns me most. 

When we lost at Wembley, I was gutted, but in the aftermath, I just wanted Derby to not sell anyone. Look how we all hoped Thorne would sign all that summer. There is none of that pride this season and it is down to our style. Our lower attendances support this.

I want Rowett to succeed, but to keep me onside, he has to change the style. (I would also like him to take a chance and integrate some of our youngsters into the side)

i think the first ten games of next season will be crucial. He has a lot of work to do.

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

When we're the play offs in our reach last season?

septmeber /October ??lol

my memory isn't too hot having kids and lack of sleep but I don't recall us ever threatening that top six from when rowett took over 

Your right too re the release clause I read about that too, could have been utter tripe but let's not all be nieve enough to think that agents don't talk, if that was true then the minute that ink died on that contract his agent would have been banding him about 

When we played Birmingham in the second week of April we were still in with a shout.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is your definition of exciting football?

Attacking, fast pace passing football. Aka Mac part 1. Yours ? 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

What does this prove ???

as i said to give himself a big fat pay rise 

u think willys going to say yes I'm signing this cos I want to pulling the same big bumper pay packet as some of the others that are mugging this club off 

or is he going to say I'm committing my future to the club 

try using ur loaf and some common sense 

why ostracise our most talented player if he had not already said he wanted to leave 

rowett came out and said that both Hughes and ince wanted to leave 

again, maybe he's talking utter ******** but we'll never know 

Not quite sure what you are referring to, or have just misinterpreted the whole transfer system.  If they had both asked to leave they would have put a transfer request in, which they didn’t what happened according to Ince is that GR called him into the office and told him he was going to sell him to raise funds.  When the offers came in he expressed his wishes to go.

Will Hughes when told an offer had been accepted (note the part that the offer has to be accepted by the club first) was then asked if he wished to go. 

Of course I’m just going on what has been said on the TV and articles, feel free to provide any evidence to the contrary, I’d happily concede if you can.

Hughes did us a big favour signing that contract even if he never intended to honour it. Because if he hadn't we'd be losing him right now for practically nowt. 

Imagine losing the play offs and Will Hughes' contract expiring all in one month. That would've been really upsetting.

28 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Attacking, fast pace passing football. Aka Mac part 1. Yours ? 

Well since the invention of football the game has always been about scoring goals and trying to stop the opposition from scoring.

It's only in recent times that Sky have convinced everyone that possession is more important.

That being said it annoys me when players cant pass a ball 10 yards to a player in the same colour shirt. 

Isn't Rowett's whole set up based around fast pace attacking?

26 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not quite sure what you are referring to, or have just misinterpreted the whole transfer system.  If they had both asked to leave they would have put a transfer request in, which they didn’t what happened according to Ince is that GR called him into the office and told him he was going to sell him to raise funds.  When the offers came in he expressed his wishes to go.

Will Hughes when told an offer had been accepted (note the part that the offer has to be accepted by the club first) was then asked if he wished to go. 

Of course I’m just going on what has been said on the TV and articles, feel free to provide any evidence to the contrary, I’d happily concede if you can.

Did Ince mention that his dad had been pimping him out for a move to the Premier League on Sky Sports in the weeks leading up to him moving?

Archived