Ahhh another season of Rowett

RoyMac5

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh my I'm so cut up.

Who made you judge and jury? That's right you appointed yourself. What a nerve you've got - don't like the opinion of a poster, so then they can't be a real fan. Doesn't matter who I've rated or slated you can't get it out of your head that your God Rowett has feet and a head of clay! 

Judge and jury of my own opinions?    Me 

what a nerve I’ve got ? You mean the nerve to tell you my opinion? My opinion your no derby fan and I’m entitled to it ,

dont like an opinion so your not a real fan? Lots of posters opinions I don’t like or agree with but in my opinion they are very passionate derby fans so how does that work ? What’s different about you? 

MY god rowett ? Doesn’t matter to you that I give a balanced view on rowett and and am far from certain that he will cut it at derby and happy to state that in topics ,to praise and criticise him ,,, you just want to throw that line in to get a bite ,, 

no chance mate I just find you funny ,your a forum wum and based on your exploits on here no derby fan in my opinion and I will read your posts from that point of view 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be fair to roy,he didn't say anything more than a lot of us were thinking....I'd of expected a better riposte from the opposition after 23 pages.

I think you'll end up killing this forum and it will be just you few Rowett haters left.

Just now, KCG said:

I think you'll end up killing this forum and it will be just you few Rowett haters left.

Yeah,having an opinion that differs from yours is terrible isn't it.

Let's face it,if gary did better as a manager and the team played good football ,we wouldn't be having this conversation would we.

Stick a sad face on that one brother.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yeah,having an opinion that differs from yours is terrible isn't it.

Let's face it,if gary did better as a manager and the team played good football ,we wouldn't be having this conversation would we.

Stick a sad face on that one brother.

I thought repeatedly using the emojis in that way was against forum rules?

Nothing kills a forum quicker than reckless rule breaking.

Don’t think there’s a problem with differing views on rowett , I fall somewhere kind of in the middle at this point on how he will turn out , there’s bits he’s done ok ,bits he’s struggled with and to take us forward he will certainly have to change and evolve 

16 hours ago, Anon said:

And yet I'd still rather have a Norwich season ticket over a Cardiff one. I don't want to watch a side that cheb the ball into the box every time they get a throw in past the half way line, even if they play in the fabled Premier League.

And you wouldn't have to sit next to Welsh people ?

Watching Maddison has been worth the entrance fee this year, but he wasn't signed by our current manager or our current Director of Football.... without him we'd have been in a relegation dogfight, or pretty damn close to being dragged into one. 

And some of our games have been turgid.... I mean.... we played some really attractive football and had 70% possession in our 0-0 draw at home to Bolton. Clapped the display at the final whistle, but can get a bit tiring and sometimes you do wonder whether 50 yard punts into the box might make a nice change for the last 15..... 

I'd be pretty happy to scrape our way to the Premier League under a Pulis or Warnock, and then worry about playing the pretty football once we've got the Sky money to spend.... personally. 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Is something missing there archied?

No sorry , went to post but it put your post in 

23 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I used to live in Swansea and got many Jack mates, the team didn't get better under Laudrup at all, the credit lies with Rodgers and they did ok for a while before starting to decline.

Was he really, unfairly sacked at Forest? They couldn't buy a win.

Granted, but hardly pretty (your requirement) and ultimately unsuccessful.

We're skint(ish) budget wise and if he wants away from fulham we're not likely to be the only suitor.

Wembley, in a lower division play off. You realise Rowett got Burton Albion to Wembley, don't you.

This there's loads of managers who'd deffo do a better job than Rowett trope is basically mince. There's loads of mangers who'd try to play differently, but that's not the same as guaranteeing they'd achieve more, which seemed to be part of your beef with Rowett. And our record of tolerating play on the floor attacking football managers who lose games is that we don't tolerate them, we pour vitriol on them for having no bottle, fight passion, spirit etc. See Mac1, Mac2, DazWaz, Paul Clement.....

Don't forget mate sadly the modern fan always views

it as the grass is always greener etc etc 

weve been doing the manager merry to round since we

sacked clough... how's that worked out for us folks ?

youd think we'd learn by now

chwnging managers twice a season isn't working ... but don't forget the grass is always greener lmao 

We’ve been spoilt flirting with the playoffs these past few years. Next year is back to reality, we’ll sell the last of the crown Jewell’s in Vydra. We won’t replace him as per Ince and Hughes. Not much money to spend so Rowett will bring in journeymen who fit his style. And last but not least we are stuck with a manger who’s football is quite honestly the most boring I’ve seen in years. Mid table mediocrity for the foreseeable, welcome to the new Ipswich Town Rams fans.

but at least we will have this stability everyone seems to crave! 

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We’ve been spoilt flirting with the playoffs these past few years. Next year is back to reality, we’ll sell the last of the crown Jewell’s in Vydra. We won’t replace him as per Ince and Hughes. Not much money to spend so Rowett will bring in journeymen who fit his style. And last but not least we are stuck with a manger who’s football is quite honestly the most boring I’ve seen in years. Mid table mediocrity for the foreseeable, welcome to the new Ipswich Town Rams fans.

See, I think this is the nub of the debate. Without calling folk out there seem to be 2 broad schools of thought.

1. Gary Rowett is young. Young = learning. Learning = improvement points are being continually identified and acted upon to yield better performances and results.

2. Gary Rowett is experienced in one style and set into that method which he will deliver relentlessly for the next 30 years like a junior mick McCarthy. The current unappetising fare is all that there is to look forward to.

two extremes maybe and perhaps the truth will lie somewhere in between. But I don’t necessarily see us condemned to perpetual misery just because Mel has put the top back on the sweetie jar.

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

See, I think this is the nub of the debate. Without calling folk out there seem to be 2 broad schools of thought.

1. Gary Rowett is young. Young = learning. Learning = improvement points are being continually identified and acted upon to yield better performances and results.

2. Gary Rowett is experienced in one style and set into that method which he will deliver relentlessly for the next 30 years like a junior mick McCarthy. The current unappetising fare is all that there is to look forward to.

two extremes maybe and perhaps the truth will lie somewhere in between. But I don’t necessarily see us condemned to perpetual misery just because Mel has put the top back on the sweetie jar.

Got to disagree and hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see Rowett doing anything that will make next season exciting at all. Even more so we will have little funds to improve (not that I trust him in the market anyway) 

14 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Didn't rowett say that Hughes wanted to play in the prem ? 

Actually scratch that... rowett did say Hughes asked to leave it was on rams tv 

so that my friend is utter ******** 

When did Hughes ask to leave? Was this before or after Rowett made it 100% clear he didn't intend to use him the following season by preferring a midfield of Butterfield and Johnson in the final games of the season he took charge?

Additionally, just because a player asks to leave doesn't mean you have to immediately capitulate and sell at cut price to the first bidder.

6 hours ago, Anon said:

When did Hughes ask to leave? Was this before or after Rowett made it 100% clear he didn't intend to use him the following season by preferring a midfield of Butterfield and Johnson in the final games of the season he took charge?

Additionally, just because a player asks to leave doesn't mean you have to immediately capitulate and sell at cut price to the first bidder.

When did rowett know we needed to move Hughes on ? Was it before he started leaving him out to try others ?  Not being funny but I honestly don’t know ,,do you ? And do you know the answer to your own question? Just seems to me that plenty on here have decided they know the answer to those questions for certain and have formed a very rigid opinion on rowett based on what they want to believe and state as 100% fact

8 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Before this season started we'd sold the last of the crown jewels cos Vydra wasn't any good, according to most.

9 hours ago, Anon said:

Clearly none of us will never truly know the answer 

but u think rowetts or any manager would leave a player out of his ability if Hughes and his agent hadn't made it clear he wanted to leave 

just common sense isn't it ? 

Archived