Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Big news on DET website - just came up on facebook:

GARY ROWETT DELIVERS MESSAGE AHEAD OF PLAYOFFS 

Here's the article in full:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-rowett-derby-fulham-playoffs-1544371

If you don't have time here's a summary...

We're going to use more than 11 players because of the games being close together.

Why are you creating about this before Friday.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I haven't seen the words 'Sold Out' on this thread.

We have spawned our way into the play-offs and now have a fighting chance of reaching the Premier League of British football. 

If that doesn't get fans wanting to attend the game I don't know what will. 

Sessignon can produce magic but then again so can Vydra or Lawrence. special moments can be a bit of a lottery and down to a millisecond.

The consistent threat for me is Cairney - a live wire with the talent to back it up. Need to shut him down.

We can do this but its going to be a tough one. Looking forward to it and hoping we can keep pride park buzzing as in the last few games. We need to get behind them regardless of any momentary errors or misjudgements -  and for the whole game. 

COYR

1 hour ago, jono said:

Sessignon can produce magic but then again so can Vydra or Lawrence. special moments can be a bit of a lottery and down to a millisecond.

The consistent threat for me is Cairney - a live wire with the talent to back it up. Need to shut him down.

We can do this but its going to be a tough one. Looking forward to it and hoping we can keep pride park buzzing as in the last few games. We need to get behind them regardless of any momentary errors or misjudgements -  and for the whole game. 

COYR

Spot on Cairney pulls the strings and is the best centre mid in the division by some distance and if we give him to much time on the ball he will hurt us. Let’s play on the front foot and see what happens as they don’t look the best at the back. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, and especially if any Fulham fans read this, the M1 is closed from 10 pm Friday night until Sunday morning between J23A and J24.

Pride Park being off J 25, this could be a major problem. Good old Highways Agency.

16 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, and especially if any Fulham fans read this, the M1 is closed from 10 pm Friday night until Sunday morning between J23A and J24.

Pride Park being off J 25, this could be a major problem. Good old Highways Agency.

I'm sure they'll have a just swell set of diversions already in place...like the routine engineering works on the train lines every Christmas...

Might be worth heading for the a38 towards Brum and going back on the M40 if you're heading back to London.

48 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm sure they'll have a just swell set of diversions already in place...like the routine engineering works on the train lines every Christmas...

Might be worth heading for the a38 towards Brum and going back on the M40 if you're heading back to London.

Found this on the Fulham site , so they're fully aware (or should be). Worth a look at the map if you page down.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=65244.0

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

Spot on Cairney pulls the strings and is the best centre mid in the division by some distance and if we give him to much time on the ball he will hurt us. Let’s play on the front foot and see what happens as they don’t look the best at the back. 

Think you’re more than right about front foot. In the last game it struck me that Cairney was a front foot sort of player half way line to edge of box - not doing that much in his own half. If we get get up the pitch his influence should be diminished. .. mind you I am probably full of wishful thinking. ?

Good article in today’s paper. Mentions our upturn in form at the right time and the team’s returning confidence. 

And that in 2007 we went up with 5 wins in the last 16 games! (Sounds familiar). Jeez, we even lost the semi 2nd leg at PP. But with hindsight, extra time and those perfectly executed Germanesque penos made it the most dramatic game I’ve ever been to, so I wouldn’t swap it. I can still picture each one; Jones, Howard, Giles, McEveley. And then the biblical rain!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2018/may/09/fulham-heavyweights-200m-chmapionship-play-offs

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Good article in today’s paper. Mentions our upturn in form at the right time and the team’s returning confidence. 

And that in 2007 we went up with 5 wins in the last 16 games! (Sounds familiar). Jeez, we even lost the semi 2nd leg at PP. But with hindsight, extra time and those perfectly executed Germanesque penos made it the most dramatic game I’ve ever been to, so I wouldn’t swap it. I can still picture each one; Jones, Howard, Giles, McEveley. And then the biblical rain!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2018/may/09/fulham-heavyweights-200m-chmapionship-play-offs

Best match at pride park I've ever been to in person.

Roughhouse them from the first minute, get Jerome against Odoi, QPR showed and we even did early at PP put pressure on their back 4 they don’t like it. Lots of energy and running required, need to find a way to get Weimann Vyds Lawrence and Jerome all in the team. Swarm all over them, press as one, Johnson go and smash people, defence at times don’t sit in, don’t be afraid to play further up the pitch. Make it uncomfortable. 

We do that we have a great chance to take a lead into the second leg which I think we will need. 

Youve met my expectations for this season, heart desire and leaving everything out there over the next two games will be enough for me, but go and delight me with a Wembley promotion.

20 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Roughhouse them from the first minute, get Jerome against Odoi, QPR showed and we even did early at PP put pressure on their back 4 they don’t like it. Lots of energy and running required, need to find a way to get Weimann Vyds Lawrence and Jerome all in the team. Swarm all over them, press as one, Johnson go and smash people, defence at times don’t sit in, don’t be afraid to play further up the pitch. Make it uncomfortable. 

We do that we have a great chance to take a lead into the second leg which I think we will need. 

Youve met my expectations for this season, heart desire and leaving everything out there over the next two games will be enough for me, but go and delight me with a Wembley promotion.

This looks like the way, but I am a bit concerned that we don't seem to be able to handle 2 games in quick succession and Gary Rowetts almost admitting the fact by saying we will need more than 11 across the 2 legs. And we're obviously a winnall and an Olsson down before we start.

Hope we don't try to go into "contain" mode as that sounds like too high risk.

Only Wednesday and i'm getting giddily excited now. will be sporting my martin (?) home shirt on friday and my keogh away shirt on Monday.

I have been pretty doom and gloom this season, but results aside the last few games have been very encouraging. We're playing with purpose again and I have a very good feeling going into these next few games. Jerome to grab at least a brace on Friday.

Archived