Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’d be interested to see how many of Vydra’s goals have resulted in us getting points. Many of his goals appear to come in games that are already over and his stats are heavily inflated by penalties. Is Vydra having a brilliant season individually? Absolutely but as a team we haven’t really benefited greatly. Similar to Ince of last season. 

I'm assuming you've not noticed so let me pass on the good news - we're in the play-offs ?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper its a tough ask getting past Fulham over two legs but think we've got a few things in our favour. First leg being on Friday night should help massively with the atmosphere & making PP an intimidating place for them to play. Much better this than the Saturday early afternoon ko we had against Hull two years ago, where the performance was as flat as the crowd.

Secondly, Fulham's mindset will be really interesting - I suspect they might be fragile & today's result was very poor by their standards. Jokanovic has a real job lifting them for the playoffs after coming so close to automatic promotion & particularly in a 2 legged semi-final against a side they will consider themselves to be much better than. A Wembley final would be a different story I think.

Lastly whilst we know they will dominate possession, our strength on the break might make them an ideal opponent. With that in mind, I would want to start with Vydra & punish any breakdown of their possession in midfield. Really think we have a good chance to catch them cold & take a decent lead for the second leg - would also back us to sit in for a draw down there. There's also little expectation on us (externally and from us as fans) & I think that makes us dangerous.

Jerome

Lawerence  Vydra

Huddelstone Johnson     

Weimann                                  Wisdom

Fozzy  Davie  Keogh

Carson

Formation works....Would have kept the same team however Olsson injury doesn't look good. Weimann in as he works his a*se off and think we still need to be positive 

Last 5 games for each team:

villa-3 wins a draw and a defeat

boro- 3 wins a draw and a defeat

fulham- 3 wins a draw and a defeat

us- 2 wins a draw and 2 defeats

So over the last 5 games our moment is the least impressive that said we were the only winner on the last day with villa and Fulham losing.

Regarding Fulham a lot depends upon their frame of mind, if they are deflated after missing out and they can't get that form back that got them there ( like we did in feb), then we have a good chance, if they can get their mojo back then we have a very difficult task.

I think we could just scrape through against them if lucks on our side. Then an all midlands final............maybe!

Sorry McLovin but I’ve come to the conclusion you are an attention seeker rather than a watcher of the game ,,, your posts on vydra are beyond daft ,

vyds has been started from the bench simply because teams have targeted him and kicked him from pillar to post early in games and mainly in the midfield area where he has been working his socks off to help us get a grip of the game to then move on and win it ,, starting him from the bench has been a master stroke and the plan b we all craved ( though ive been up in arms about benching our top scorer too) it’s also clear that rowett has been able to bench/manage him in the right way so as not to lose the players trust and dent his confidence ,teams can’t easily predict our starting line up now and have a game plan in place ,,

just out of interest how many more does camjam need to score before he becomes a hindrence that holds our team back and needs selling?

1 hour ago, archied said:

Sorry McLovin but I’ve come to the conclusion you are an attention seeker rather than a watcher of the game ,,, your posts on vydra are beyond daft ,

vyds has been started from the bench simply because teams have targeted him and kicked him from pillar to post early in games and mainly in the midfield area where he has been working his socks off to help us get a grip of the game to then move on and win it ,, starting him from the bench has been a master stroke and the plan b we all craved ( though ive been up in arms about benching our top scorer too) it’s also clear that rowett has been able to bench/manage him in the right way so as not to lose the players trust and dent his confidence ,teams can’t easily predict our starting line up now and have a game plan in place ,,

just out of interest how many more does camjam need to score before he becomes a hindrence that holds our team back and needs selling?

Good point. And what should have been a good thread about our biggest game for 2 seasons has been derailed by one posters daft opinion on one player.

Part of the opinion was based on the assumption that he was only scoring goals when games had been won. Guess what, this turned out to be a total false assumption.

Could this Vydra rubbish be moved to another thread so this one can be used to concentrate on the main business: inventing new formations and picking players who have never played in certain position for us? This is so the time to be experimenting. Time to drop Carson?

36 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good point. And what should have been a good thread about our biggest game for 2 seasons has been derailed by one posters daft opinion on one player.

Part of the opinion was based on the assumption that he was only scoring goals when games had been won. Guess what, this turned out to be a total false assumption.

Could this Vydra rubbish be moved to another thread so this one can be used to concentrate on the main business: inventing new formations and picking players who have never played in certain position for us? This is so the time to be experimenting. Time to drop Carson?

Picking Roos instead of Carson will be the selection curve ball that totally deraills fulhams attack.

Fulham play nicer football than us, but for all that fancy play there is still only one goal between us in our head to heads this season. Should be a good couple of matches - at the very least we are in with a good shout of getting to the final.

Out of all the teams in the play offs I genuinely believe that Fulham’s defence is the weakest out of the four teams - yes they have been allowed to have the ball a lot this season which negates that but change that a little bit and they will fold at the back and we have a lot (very surprising) of goal scorers at the moment 

15 hours ago, McLovin said:

I’d be interested to see how many of Vydra’s goals have resulted in us getting points. Many of his goals appear to come in games that are already over and his stats are heavily inflated by penalties. Is Vydra having a brilliant season individually? Absolutely but as a team we haven’t really benefited greatly. Similar to Ince of last season. 

Are you for real? Was it you who came out with this same claptrap about Ince last season? What is it with you and slating our better, most successful and achieving players? 'We haven't benefited from the 21 goals he has scored?' We didn't as a team benefit from his hatrick at Boro, setting us on our way against Hull, the second vital goal against Cardiff just after coming on...loads of his goals have been instrumental in getting us points. I suppose on that flawed thinking you would like to see Blackman come back in to the team, reward those who do feck all. Kane and Salah should aim to score less as all their goals are not benefiting their teams?? For me this post has to be the winner of the most flawed and barking up the wrong tree award-winning post of the year...absolutely bonkers.....

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you for real? Was it you who came out with this same claptrap about Ince last season? What is it with you and slating our better, most successful and achieving players? 'We haven't benefited from the 21 goals he has scored?' We didn't as a team benefit from his hatrick at Boro, setting us on our way against Hull, the second vital goal against Cardiff just after coming on...loads of his goals have been instrumental in getting us points. I suppose on that flawed thinking you would like to see Blackman come back in to the team, reward those who do feck all. Kane and Salah should aim to score less as all their goals are not benefiting their teams?? For me this post has to be the winner of the most flawed and barking up the wrong tree award-winning post of the year...absolutely bonkers.....

Great post mate, I am afraid some posters love to talk ********, or just love to moan, I am sure some love it when we lose, so they can come on here and say how crap things are, not heard from some after our great performance against Barnsley, but when we lose again the likes of Roy Mac will be back on calling for Rowetts head again, ps where are you Roy Mac, did you enjoy our football on Saturday.

Archived