Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Just been listening to the football weekly podcast, VAR is going to be used all the play-off games apparently.

What could possibly go wrong?

Are you sure, I'm sure I heard it was goal-line technology in all games not VAR?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Could be, Max Rushden definitely said VAR though.

EDIT: I can only see any confirmation about goal-line technology, so he probably got it wrong.

Yeah yeah, blame it on poor old Max why don't you!

Sessegnon isn’t the player people think he is.

He’s brilliant but he isn’t a ‘stardust player ‘.

He’ll get involved with general play a bit, keep things moving but his threat is his intelligence. He’s a poacher.

16 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Completely agree, but pretty? ?

Hahaha. I don't take back any of it. I think we've looked pretty all over the place most of the season and we owe a lot of our league position to some spectacular goalkeeping/defending and putting away the limited chances we've had in front of goal. I'd be first to admit though that the last few games have been better in every possible way. 

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Hahaha. I don't take back any of it. I think we've looked pretty all over the place most of the season and we owe a lot of our league position to some spectacular goalkeeping/defending and putting away the limited chances we've had in front of goal. I'd be first to admit though that the last few games have been better in every possible way. 

Just kidding. I've felt the exact same this season.

23 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I agree I really hope we don't play too cautiously tomorrow as i think that would play into there hands...we need to unsettle them as early as possible and get amongst them and try and rattle them so they don't know whats hit them....i do think if we can score early there inexperienced players will be severely tested

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Struggling to get 30k. Pretty poor from both sets of fans. Even Fulham havent managed to sell out there allocation.

We’ve only had 30k in attendance for 4 games. Forest (31,196), Sheffield Utd (30,003), Cardiff (30,294) and Barnsley (30,682). Villa and Boro were the only other games above 28k. 

Potentially a good turnout given it’s an evening game. 

Life before football..... I think some need to work that out before calling out folk on social media. 

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Yeah yeah, blame it on poor old Max why don't you!

Definitely Max's fault. I heard this on the FW podcast as well today and spent a while scouring the internet to find no mention of VAR for the play-offs.

Max and Co don't know how much their throwaway comments about the lower leagues can cause concern. Bad enough getting home at 2am with the M1 roadworks. Throw VAR into the equation and I may as well stay up in Derby til next season. 

Not sure what time they're closing  the M1 tomorrow night ,that's not going to help the Fulham fans get home .Some Derby fans anorl if they go South down the M1.

Just checked 10.00pm ,buggers always do it early so chaos will ensue .

3691 left with 24 hours to go.

Maybe 1000 more will be sold with people paying on the day? Might just shave the 30k barrier.

Think the club slightly under-estimated the effect of Sky and it being a Friday night/over-estimated our fans' enthusiasm for the play-offs when they set the prices. 

That said, to sell 27,000 tickets in 4 and a bit days is pretty good going.

In the end, I don't really care, cos I'll be there.

Archived