Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

14 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Only Wednesday and i'm getting giddily excited now. will be sporting my martin (?) home shirt on friday and my keogh away shirt on Monday.

I have been pretty doom and gloom this season, but results aside the last few games have been very encouraging. We're playing with purpose again and I have a very good feeling going into these next few games. Jerome to grab at least a brace on Friday.

Completely agree, but pretty? ?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

This looks like the way, but I am a bit concerned that we don't seem to be able to handle 2 games in quick succession and Gary Rowetts almost admitting the fact by saying we will need more than 11 across the 2 legs. And we're obviously a winnall and an Olsson down before we start.

Hope we don't try to go into "contain" mode as that sounds like too high risk.

I think we go all out in the first leg and try to get more than a 1 goal lead. Play same intensity first half of the second leg, then hang on for dear life!!

See, I've been taking the piss out of a squad age most of the season, but here is where it might come to benefit us. Will Sessegnon etc be able to handle the pressure of playoff games? Huddlestone, Davies etc have been there before and done that. I think the experience of our players might come back to help us here. Whereas, I think Fulham might be slightly more naieve. Come on Derby, let's get to Wembley and see what happens.

12 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Only Wednesday and i'm getting giddily excited now. will be sporting my martin (?) home shirt on friday and my keogh away shirt on Monday.

I have been pretty doom and gloom this season, but results aside the last few games have been very encouraging. We're playing with purpose again and I have a very good feeling going into these next few games. Jerome to grab at least a brace on Friday.

Just printed my tickets for Friday having successfully managed to get off a night shift (a result in itself) and I too will be sporting my 2014 Martin shirt (obviously)....

He will be there in shirt,if not in person!

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just printed my tickets for Friday having successfully managed to get off a night shift (a result in itself) and I too will be sporting my 2014 Martin shirt (obviously)....

He will be there in shirt,if not in person!

Are you softening any on rowett though?

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

How roles change. When we played hull in the play offs we were the ' young passers' against the hull 'old cloggers'.

Now fulham are the passers we are cloggers. We all know what happened when hull played us...

what, you think fulham have got  old 'arry is lurking somewhere in the background advising jokanovic on tactics??

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

what, you think fulham have got  old 'arry is lurking somewhere in the background advising jokanovic on tactics??

No but I’m sure I’ve seen a picture of jokanovic with a dog 

Not sure many will agree but this is a game that needs some caution. History shows that play off matches need the home side in the first leg to 'stay in it' and be in a position to create pressure on the home side in the second leg. An odd goal win or draw would be a very good result and Mr Rowett may well show caution in tactics and selection especially as he will not want his team to be short of fitness or 'legs' for the last quarter of the tie as a whole. The last half hour of the second leg is often the most crutial in playoffs so patience needed by fans.

Archived