Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

People who take up two parking spaces at the supermarket. Not so much those that want to protect a new car, I get that, just those that actually can’t park or think that’ll do when two wheels are over the lines. Nobheads.

I'll add the people who've parked an unloved rustbucket in the end spaces of car parks, like a Renault Espace on a 55 plate 

They should be reserved for drivers of nice motors, who trade the longer walk for the security only one side can be dinged.

9 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I guess so, but why do they think its OK to piss off all their neighbours?

Why not just enjoy the birdsong?

We have some young neighbours who we like to annoy by playing Northern Soul loudly on Sunday afternoons.

11 hours ago, Rev said:

I'll add the people who've parked an unloved rustbucket in the end spaces of car parks, like a Renault Espace on a 55 plate 

They should be reserved for drivers of nice motors, who trade the longer walk for the security only one side can be dinged.

I definitely did that with my old 51 reg Fiesta. Only because I was crap at parking.

12 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

People who take up two parking spaces at the supermarket. Not so much those that want to protect a new car, I get that, just those that actually can’t park or think that’ll do when two wheels are over the lines. Nobheads.

I'd add those that swing the front end into a double space, but still end up with the car inside the lines of one space.  Often left skew-whiff, with full lock on.  I always steer clear of that now empty space at the side, as you just know they may well need to swing out again.*

Added to that, they then run the risk of running down the old dear taking back her trolley, when they come to reverse out again.

Driving forwards into a parking space and/or driveway should be made illegal imo, if it means they have to reverse out!  

*We once sat in a McD carpark "doing lunch", and witnessed that very thing.  Front corner scraped down the side of the innocent car in the next space, as it reversed out, with the front end swinging over with full lock on.  They drove off, sharpish, as they clearly realised what had happened!

PS:
I notice quite a few company car parks now stipulate "reverse parking only" in their staff/visitor car parks.  I like that.  A lot!  

2 hours ago, Rev said:

If I reversed onto my drive, I wouldn't be able to get out the car.

Good point!  

Must admit, I'm the other way around, which of course suits me, but it wasn't something I considered when I posted what I did, so I'll take that bit back, about "should be illegal"!

#thinkbeforeposting

18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We have some young neighbours who we like to annoy by playing Northern Soul loudly on Sunday afternoons.

Be grateful. I once had a neighbour living in the flat below mine, who deludedly thought he was a record producer and MC who, due to lack of structure in his life, appeared to have no concept of time! He’d fire up the decks at 2am on a Wednesday morning for example! 

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Be grateful. I once had a neighbour living in the flat below mine, who deludedly thought he was a record producer and MC who, due to lack of structure in his life, appeared to have no concept of time! He’d fire up the decks at 2am on a Wednesday morning for example! 

You don’t have the best of luck with neighbours do you? ?

25 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Get rid of one, another one appears. He turned out okay once he was straightened out a bit. I think walking into his flat with a massive Donnay golf driver and swinging it towards his speakers helped. 

You missed, didn't you!

?