Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Which minute was it that we normally do our counter attack in? I might give it a swerve till then and see how that goes before killing myself slowly.

We usually get that out of the way in the first 5 minutes.  Don't go anywhere for the first 10 just to be safe.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The thing is we probably do have the personal for it. Bring Anya in at RWB, shift Wisdom into the back, drop Fozzy  (or Olsson and play Fozzy at wing back) and swap Johnson for literally anybody else who can play midfield.

☝️☝️ What this guy said.

Thing is. We could play 4-4-2, 7-2-1 or 2 - 5- 3...it doesn’t matter, if we don’t ATTACK. THEIR. GOAL!!

Heres for an interesting afternoon.

There is a pessimistic side of me that wants us to get hammered today, so any sense of play offs evaporates and my nervous system can have a rest until next season.

COYR

7 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

3-4-1-2?

Lawrence as the creative outlet. 

Makes sense in a way, wings have been our weakest position all season. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

3-4-2-1 I imagine, Gary hasn't played Vydra as a number 9 all season, doubt that'll change now. Vydra and Lawrence swapping interchangeably behind Nugent perhaps?

I really don't think you can describe it as 3 at the back if the plan is to play wisdom at "wing back", that's much more of a back 5. Too be honest though i don't that will even be how we line up, I think it will be a 442 with Olsson wide left. 

30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Got to be 5 at the back with Fozzy as a centre half with Davies and Keogh I would think. Unless we are playing Fozzy or Keogh as a playmaker  :lol:

I guess after the Burton debacle, significant change was require. That's fair enough, but this looks like one last desperate throw of the dice.

Archived