Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

You don’t “fluke” promotion, if you go up it’s on merit.

What happens next is how the club adapts to the Premier League. We failed back then. 

We failed to strengthen the team with the quality needed to survive.

That was then, this is now. 

If we go up it will be as we deserve to over the full season, August to May.

2007 will play no part of what happens next. 

If one ex leaves you in a mess, do you stay single forever? No, you brush yourself down and go again. 

Been 10 years now, time to move on.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the disappointment of Burton, the frustrations of the playing style and my annoyance of the whole attitude around the club at the moment, i.e. fan reactions and vile abuse of players. 

The Boro game is more than just three points, it's a true test of character over 90 minutes. It's as close to a play-off final rehearsal as you can wish to hope for. If we bottle it then at least we know a top 6 finish is pointless. If we win, however, it renews belief around the club.

It's the perfect game for us. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

After the disappointment of Burton, the frustrations of the playing style and my annoyance of the whole attitude around the club at the moment, i.e. fan reactions and vile abuse of players. 

The Boro game is more than just three points, it's a true test of character over 90 minutes. It's as close to a play-off final rehearsal as you can wish to hope for. If we bottle it then at least we know a top 6 finish is pointless. If we win, however, it renews belief around the club.

It's the perfect game for us. 

Absolutely spot on @Ambitious its a huge game on so many levels:

1. We are desperate for 3 points to stay alive in the Play-off race.

2. Have to prove a lot of doubters wrong both associated with the club and the external perception.

3. Win back the fans. "Win the Crowd" Gladiator quote ;)

4. First of Four cup finals and last chance saloon. 

5. Will be such a disappointing end to the season if we don't make the playoffs in what is a really poor division in my opinion. 

6. Forget the performances of the last 3 months give or take, its all about this game! 

I'm desperate to see something different in terms of the team selection in the attacking areas just to get some excitement back. Palmer or Thomas from the start please. 

Ready to get pelters, but I'd bring Fozzy and Captain Chaos (Keogh) back as well. You've made your point, but now play a left back at left back and bring the better centre half back in. 

COYR 

1 hour ago, David said:

You don’t “fluke” promotion, if you go up it’s on merit.

What happens next is how the club adapts to the Premier League. We failed back then. 

We failed to strengthen the team with the quality needed to survive.

That was then, this is now. 

If we go up it will be as we deserve to over the full season, August to May.

2007 will play no part of what happens next. 

If one ex leaves you in a mess, do you stay single forever? No, you brush yourself down and go again. 

Been 10 years now, time to move on.

If we did someday make it to the promised land I guarantee the 11 points season will be the first thing Gary mentions on MOTD.

5 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

If we did someday make it to the promised land I guarantee the 11 points season will be the first thing Gary mentions on MOTD.

This is true. Gary and Alan eat al are truly dire. Although I do like the dulcet East Midlands tones of Jer-maaaayne. Incredibly articulate for a tree.

On 17/04/2018 at 11:18, metalsheep02 said:

When I saw gesture changes I thought you were referring to him Gary flicking the V's at the south stand (rather than giving them a thumbs up).

Or flicking them to Mel in the Directors Box as he scarpers down the touchline and out through the Emergency Exit, when we're 2-0 down with a minute to play? :p

On 17/04/2018 at 16:09, RadioactiveWaste said:

After identifying a need to stop the goals,we field a unique, experimental formation with 4 center backs, 4 full backs, 2 DMs and Cameron Jerome.

And westeal a one nil win.

Bet Jerome doesn't score it, must be an OG!

9 hours ago, curtains said:

Palmer and Wiemann probably out injured 

Speaking to Derby’s official Twitter account (@dcfcofficial), Rowett has confirmed that both Weimann and Palmer have been struggling with knocks this week, leaving them in doubt for this weekend’s visit of Boro.

Queue.    Hanson and Thomas maybe ! 

Hopefully mindgames. Either way Palmer won’t start and Thomas/any subs won’t come on until twenty mins too late. 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

How’s sessengnon playing? Radio raving about him. 20 plus goals from left back is crazy!!! Think our left backs have been responsible for 20 goals too?

He’s playing well but Cairney seems to run the show. 

Archived