Derby County F.C. v Sunderland A.F.C

Boycie

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I dunno about suing Rush - I think we should be suing the bulk of this team for fraud. They've been impersonating footballers for weeks now and this is the daftest happy-clapper on this forum saying as much. Over the last couple of months they've sucked all the love for the game right out of me and in slow-motion too. That's never happened before, even during that god-awful season in the prem. What with the off the field shenanigans this is truly a week to forget. You try to stay loyal and not criticise the players too much and this is how they repay the faith. **** 'em, I say. Enough is enough. With very few exceptions the current squad are as spineless a collective as I've ever seen at the club. I think if I wasn't so ******* angry right now I'd be close to tears. I just can't understand how we've come to this place, I really can't. 

Very emotional post. We are all in this together and feel the same way if it helps.  I feel no connection with the current team like I did in 2014.

Is it bad that when Sunderland went 4-1 up, I almost wanted them to carry on scoring to give the players a major shock?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Was he fit to play 90 though? Rowett spoke not long ago that he plays one then not available for the next. 

It’s ok saying we should have played him or him and usually we can have those types of discussions, but when 80% of the squad have been returning from injury over the last 2 weeks, it’s hard to sit here and be critical of the line up.

Play fit players ffs -l

Mels millions look ********#d to me. At this moment we havent a team, other than 3 or 4 consistent players we have a squad not a team. Most are over paid and too old to be considered an asset. Next season the majority of these players will be worse not better. GR signings jerome and Lawrence look as bad as the blackman signing and we didnt need Sam to buy this sack of Sh%it.

Performaces dispite some results have been average at best,our position doesnt reflect our performances and i cannot think of a positive from tonights performance.

When i was a kid i worshipped players, what kid watching that tonight could possibly have any attraction to supporting such crap.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

could have played them from the start together, a bit of positivity. rather than once again just chucking him out there to try and pinch something back for us? 

He looks a bit niave. But at least he wants to play football, don't think he'll save us like.

45 minutes ago, David said:

Tonight result isn’t down to tactics or lineups, it’s 2 defenders making horrific indefensible individual errors you would expect to see down Marketon Park, and 9 players with the inability to pass a ball, move to create space or show an ounce of desire to win this game.

Fitness/injuries, no excuse for not performing the basics you would expect from a footballer.

Even with Palmer and Vydra on the pitch, nothing.

Worst performance probably seen since Brighton away. At home as well. Utterly pathetic, and whilst the manager will always carry the can, it’s been nothing short of a shambolic performance on the pitch by the players.

Sorry but Rowett is equally to blame as much as the players .... Thorne and Forsyth were our worst players tonight and our tactics in the second half was very apparent ...if you get the ball lump it forward and hope ...it was pathetic to watch and must’ve come from the manager because we didn’t keep lumping it aimlessly into no one in particular in the first half ...I thought Sunderland were woeful and gave us so many chances by letting us have/win the ball in the final 3rd and we created....nothing apart from Vydras goal ...just where has the team gone that used to carve teams open and keep the ball until openings appeared...I’m genuinely concerned for GR here ...the players made individual mistakes for sure but Rowett s tactics are boring an hard to watch I’m afraid .... I think a lot of fans like Rowett as he seems genuine but I’m afraid his teams play dire football ....really quite pissed off tonight and sad ?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Was he fit to play 90 though? Rowett spoke not long ago that he plays one then not available for the next. 

It’s ok saying we should have played him or him and usually we can have those types of discussions, but when 80% of the squad have been returning from injury over the last 2 weeks, it’s hard to sit here and be critical of the line up.

You say 80% of the squad are returning from injury. If that's the case, then they're not 'match fit' supposedly. So should we just take the result on the chin?

33 minutes ago, KCG said:

Was it worse than the 0-3 to Blues on 16th Jan 2016?

It's the majority of the players who aren't good enough and haven't been for years.

Yes it was it's good friday and pissing it down. Yes they haven't been good enough but we can go on a very good unbeaten run with this team. 

Has he gone yet. How do I start a poll lol 

We are just wasting our money every season same old same old for what? Passionate love for the club Yh right! 

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

Play fit players ffs -l

Maybe he did. Maybe that was the only team we could put out. Either way the U23s would have put a better performance in than that on the pitch.

Time to install some mirrors at Moor Farm so the players can take a long hard look at themselves before Monday. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Sunderland won't have had an easier game this season.

I get the feeling we could say the same about Preston on Monday.

Except unlike Sunderland, Preston are actually quite good. We'll get mullered unless we go for a 0-0 and defend like crazy. That said, we defended like crazy tonight!

Gary will go for a 0-0 and we'll lose 2-0.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Very emotional post. We are all in this together and feel the same way if it helps.  I feel no connection with the current team like I did in 2014.

Is it bad that when Sunderland went 4-1 up, I almost wanted them to carry on scoring to give the players a major shock?

Exactly how I feel. I could weep for the breakup of that 2014 team; seems hard to believe we once had Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes in our midfield doesn’t it? There isn’t a single current Rams midfielder fit to lace the boots of those three. What an absolute shambles our club has become.

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I know mate,I just think at some point we have to bite the bullet and look longer term.

I don’t know,my house is sad tonight,

Have to agree, I've been preaching stability for a few years and I thought we'd get it under Rowett - steady improvement until we were a consistent top 6 side.  I know we've gone off the boil for a few months but better managers would probably struggle to bring an end to the January trend. 

We overachieved early doors - Rowett got us to a good place, heck if he turns it round from here and keeps us in the top 6 he's still done fairly well.  Switch the results round a bit and say we're 5th with 7 or 8 games left without the slide and dodgy form and we might even be praising him.

The calamitous players tonight/this season mostly aren't his signings, sure he hasn't helped with a few ropey additions/outgoings but if he can replace a few donkeys in summer we will look better.  Question is do I want Rowett spending £20m on players?

The tinkering/lack of ideas bothers me though and as when Jim Smith took us up I think we may need an older head who has more nous and self belief.  All management success is time and place so maybe we should shake it up a bit, most managers have failed elsewhere before they go on to succeed.  If Cardiff don't go up I think we could do worse than Warnock (although then he will have bottled it this season also.) 

I wouldn't knock changing it here and now as that was embarrassing - maybe the chance to get a little fresh momentum to go into the play offs with. 

Wait till summer and we'll end up with Pardew.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Maybe he did. Maybe that was the only team we could put out. Either way the U23s would have put a better performance in than that on the pitch.

Time to install some mirrors at Moor Farm so the players can take a long hard look at themselves before Monday. 

Agreed I would applaud playing three u23s monday

and we we go down 2 nil - so be it 

Archived