Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! Not about unfair, unbalanced and unfounded. It's about the personal digs that is in most of you comments - so what if I'm a Mac fanboy, comments like this "...it’s very clear that fair and balanced are not important to you , each to their own" are out of order.

I don't rate Rowett, I do rate Mac but that doesn't mean I don't support Derby.

Go back over the posts and you will find that you started and was the only person to call people fanboys / rowett fanboys 

there was nothing personal in my post I pointed out that yours was unfair and unbalanced ( so not important to you) as you clearly are not prepared to judge mac and rowett by the same criteria , I will judge both managers by the same yardstick and over a fair period of time 

this accusation of personal digs is just cry wolf smokescreen thrown out when your position is shown in black and white to be based on moving goalposts to suit you when judging rowett but not mac

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! Not about unfair, unbalanced and unfounded. It's about the personal digs that is in most of you comments - so what if I'm a Mac fanboy, comments like this "...it’s very clear that fair and balanced are not important to you , each to their own" are out of order.

I don't rate Rowett, I do rate Mac but that doesn't mean I don't support Derby.

Serious question if Mclaren and Rowett both applied for a vacancy in the Championship who would get the job 

Just now, Mistaram said:

Serious question if Mclaren and Rowett both applied for a vacancy in the Championship who would get the job 

Probably Rowett, depending on the team obviously, because he has less 'history'. Although if any Stoke or Brum fans are watching us stutter atm they might disagree. ;)

20 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Current Facebook sutuation...

Apparently Forest won a European cup 40 years ago or summat so it doesn't really matter what happens tomorrow.

Screenshot_20180310-154926.jpg

Quite apt that picture doing the rounds really, used to be the final day of the season was the cup final.

This is to most Forest fans their end of season cup final, lose this and it’s season over, wait for the next championship season to be won next September, rinse and repeat.....ad nauseum or something like that.

We on the other hand will be battling to stay in or go up in the play offs; they get more excitement if we fail than watching their own team win. Bit weird eh but typically Forest.

Lets hope we pop their bubble.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably Rowett, depending on the team obviously, because he has less 'history'. Although if any Stoke or Brum fans are watching us stutter atm they might disagree. ;)

Yes that's fair enough bet the Brummies wished he was still there 

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

When I went through their forums when we appointed gr,the split in opinion was quite similar to ours....probably the majority liking rowett for where he had got them at the time of his sacking but a vocal set of fans who disliked his football.

I wonder where it would be now.

Living in Brum and speaking often to Blue-nose pals, I assure you that many are near-suicidal about the sacking of Rowett, furious about the Zola fiasco, and subsequent fiascos! They would have Gary back in a heartbeat.

Tough times for Brum, WBA set to replace them in the Championship. 

Makes our 'crisis' seem like small beer - we have everything to play for.

Major Derby squad-churn in summer, whatever the outcome. 

C O Y R

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Fair point, Steve Mac has been in the game a lot longer and so carries more baggage. He does have his critics but even if he never gets another managerial job, he will have survived in the vipers nest of football coaching / management longer than most. As I have said before, Rowett is still a very inexperienced manager with a lot to prove. 

Archived