Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

I'm an avid under23s watcher and I'm afraid Walker is a mile of being a Championship striker Don't let's ruin him by rushing him Actually he wouldn't be in the under 23s if we didn't have so many out on loan 

Agree, swap him with Lawrence and that’s an exciting line up. Seeing as we have forgotten how to defend, may as well try to win 4-3 

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a terrible start to this season, we were not far above the drop zone and below the Gumps when they came to Pride Park. Vyds scored after 20 seconds and we didn't look back.

The momentum from that match has finally petered out and the season needs a second kickstart - what better time could there be to be playing this game? We have injuries and are on a poor run of form; we're away to our local rivals. It's in games like these that people have to stand up and be counted and make a name for themselves. Are we a team of feeble sheep, or Rams who will show their horns and their power and drive the terrified opposition back into the Trent?

I reckon this is the match where we find ourselves again, lift the gloom and begin a glorious run-in that ends with promotion at Wembley on 26th May. Come on you Rams!

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Current Facebook sutuation...

Apparently Forest? won a European cup 40 years ago or summat so it doesn't really matter what happens tomorrow.

Screenshot_20180310-154926.jpg

I'm really not that impressed by the comparative images................they had tk melt BOTH of those trophies down to pay of Billy the Dwarf ......Karma I say !!   

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Great results for us today, barring Boro. Could do with Wolves getting a win this evening also.

Wolves or villa have absolutely no relevance to how we end up. Forgot those 2 and in fact forget all apart from Bristol, Preston and Shef U. We are in a 4 horse race for 6 th.A race I expect us to win comfortably. I just hope the race between 2 nd and 3 rd goes down to the last second of the last game. We will play them in the play offs, it’s difficult to shake off such a huge disappointment 

2 hours ago, Mistaram said:

I'm an avid under23s watcher and I'm afraid Walker is a mile of being a Championship striker Don't let's ruin him by rushing him

I'm also an avid U23s watcher and Walker is most certainly NOT a mile off. He would undoubtedly benefit from playing with better players too.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

After a terrible start to this season, we were not far above the drop zone and below the Gumps when they came to Pride Park. Vyds scored after 20 seconds and we didn't look back.

The momentum from that match has finally petered out and the season needs a second kickstart - what better time could there be to be playing this game? We have injuries and are on a poor run of form; we're away to our local rivals. It's in games like these that people have to stand up and be counted and make a name for themselves. Are we a team of feeble sheep, or Rams who will show their horns and their power and drive the terrified opposition back into the Trent?

I reckon this is the match where we find ourselves again, lift the gloom and begin a glorious run-in that ends with promotion at Wembley on 26th May. Come on you Rams!

That's not the first time you've given me goose pimples Carl!

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm also an avid U23s watcher and Walker is most certainly NOT a mile off. He would undoubtedly benefit from playing with better players too.

If we put him in he will either sink or swim at the moment mostly I think he would be well out of his depth so agree with @Mistaram right now.He is in a similar position to Zanzala who had a few decent performances and people were quick to say he was first team material when he clearly was not and still isn't.

Fans are desperate for a home grown player to follow Hughes and Hendrick and are quick to grab onto players having a good spell.The nearest is Elsnik followed by Vernam and Thomas and if one of those makes it we will be doing well.

Results today mean that a win would be absolutely massive. If we can get six points ahead of 7th with nine games to go then we’ve got a bit of space to breathe. 

Let’s hope the 11 who are picked tomorrow can get that result - however it comes! 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Looks as if Huddlestone will be playing based on his post tonight...

6220820C-9457-49D0-A6E8-28260D43B12A.jpeg

I hope that confidence exudes on to the pitch.  Irrespective of this being a rivalry; F*rest are a team we would undoubtedly be expecting to beat in the position they're in. 

5 minutes ago, robglosta said:

I hope that confidence exudes on to the pitch.  Irrespective of this being a rivalry; F*rest are a team we would undoubtedly be expecting to beat in the position they're in. 

We are a better team than Forest with better players, it's just our form that has put such a negative swing on the fans' perspectives leading up to the game. The players simply cannot hold the same mentality as the general mentality of the forum or else the winless run is going to go on for a little while longer yet.

It's a huge game, a win could really change our fortunes and help us along to a comfortable finish in the top six. I'm working throughout the entire game tomorrow and I'm absolutely gutted, I just hope that the players can show they have what it takes to dig themselves out of a difficult place for once.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We are a better team than Forest with better players, it's just our form that has put such a negative swing on the fans' perspectives leading up to the game. The players simply cannot hold the same mentality as the general mentality of the forum or else the winless run is going to go on for a little while longer yet.

Perhaps its more about what the manager does with these 'better players'?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps its more about what the manager does with these 'better players'?

My point was, we're more than good enough to win so there's no reason not to go into the game aiming for anything else but 3 points.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

My point was, we're more than good enough to win so there's no reason not to go into the game aiming for anything else but 3 points.

Seeing as we haven't won for 6 games I get the impression Rowett will consider a point earned away at a local rivals a good result. 

Archived