Bwash_Ram

20 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Carson

Keogh  Thorne  Davis

Wisdom Hudds Ledley Olson

Vyds

Jerome Nuge

3-5-2 with Thorney playing as a sweeper

Can’t see it but if it was to happen would prefer Ledley as sweeper with Thorne further up ,, Ledley reads the game far better for me 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Reality is 3-5-2 is very unlikely under Gary. I can't recall him trying different systems even in preseason? 

To be fair,  when previous managers occasionally experimented in eg cup games it wasn't successful. I was thinking about mac or clement v Chesterfield as an example. 

ha ha Albentossas debut!!! what a disaster - and we are all worked out he couldnt pass!!

14 hours ago, cannable said:

If only football were as black and white…

Ha ha! Very impressive when as Rams we know that it is.

Vydra won Championship Player of the Season in 2013 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21922979 and is highly likely to again this year. He brings so much to the team and even with all the good players we have, I can easily see why he is a cut above.

Every opposing team we face would prefer him not to be in our lineup. When we're in a desperate battle for second place it's not the time to drop the division's top striker.

On 18/02/2018 at 18:43, archied said:

I have to say that some of the stuff you suggest is absolutely crazy and in the realms of fantasy ,,, this is not Roy of the rovers ,it is real life mans football

Come on now get off that fence! B4's suggested pushing Vydra further forward - are you for it or against it??

I know I should be more positive about this match but the form we've displayed over the past few matches added to the Leeds showing against Bristol is causing me some concern. Let's hope that we can  raise our game. But fearful.......

31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ha ha! Very impressive when as Rams we know that it is.

Vydra won Championship Player of the Season in 2013 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21922979 and is highly likely to again this year. He brings so much to the team and even with all the good players we have, I can easily see why he is a cut above.

Every opposing team we face would prefer him not to be in our lineup. When we're in a desperate battle for second place it's not the time to drop the division's top striker.

It’s more a general thought that Vydra may be a self fulfilling prophecy…

He turns, drives and regularly produces a piece of magic a game; and we begin to rely on that so he becomes undroppable. 

But it’s not unfathomable to think that a linker in that role may well get more out of the other three attackers…

It would be brave to test out Palmer there but it’s by no means as simple as ‘don’t play Vydra, no goals’. 

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson
      Huddlestone Ledley
Weimann   Vydra    Lawrence
                 Jerome

A win is needed to keep us in the race for the autos. Wouldn't like to see any more light between us and the top two at this stage. Not with Cardiff back on form and Fulham closing in. 

We need to calm down and stop being nervous. Change this swap that ... this is a mini dip ... the players have the ability to come through.

We will win tomorrow ... yes the wide men need to start contributing more but they will know that. GR needs to be planning a counter to the 5 across the middle thing but that is doable with the right team tactics and instructions.

I'd normally be fretting big style about this one but I have a good vibe and think the team does too.  

(Oh what have I just said :o:unsure::blink:

3 hours ago, cannable said:

It’s more a general thought that Vydra may be a self fulfilling prophecy…

He turns, drives and regularly produces a piece of magic a game; and we begin to rely on that so he becomes undroppable. 

But it’s not unfathomable to think that a linker in that role may well get more out of the other three attackers…

It would be brave to test out Palmer there but it’s by no means as simple as ‘don’t play Vydra, no goals’. 

Not sure a defibrillator would get more out of the other three attackers ,,

seriously though we should not be afraid that players do so well that they become undroppable so we drop them ,, makes no sense ,I could perhaps consider it if he was just a poacher and goals were all he brought but it’s far far more than that ,,, no sorry for me what we need is a few more playing to the level that they look undroppable ,, then we really would be cooking ,, take vydra out and we are looking at Weimann,anja ,Lawrence to come up with enough goals ,,, never going to happen ,, I’ve seen many reasons given for dropping players but because they doing so well we will come to rely on them? 

its not a piece of magic per game he’s producing it’s regular match winning goals and performances

We need to get crosses in between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box, that Leeds goalie is hesitant on crosses, both Bristol’s goals came from long throw ins he never dealt with.

I’d be tempted to put Nuge ( much as I love him but he’s not been on it lately) on the bench and have Jerome give the goalie a dig early on just to mark his card.

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

We need to get crosses in between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box, that Leeds goalie is hesitant on crosses, both Bristol’s goals came from long throw ins he never dealt with.

I’d be tempted to put Nuge ( much as I love him but he’s not been on it lately) on the bench and have Jerome give the goalie a dig early on just to mark his card.

It's a good plan.

Only trouble is jerome would get sorted out by the defenders as none of our other players will be within 50m of him :lol:

While Wolves march on towards the title, second place is like a hot potato being passed around from Sheffield United to Cardiff to Bristol City to Derby to Villa and back to Cardiff. Someone needs to grasp it with both hands, ignore the pressure and run away with it. We can start that tonight.

Gary's been shuffling the pack of late. We need to remember what it was that took us from the lower reaches of the league into the automatic places: a powerful team with an indomitable rock of a defence and clever forwards who can conjure a goal in the blink of an eye. Back to winning ways please. I'd love to crush dirty Leeds on live telly and lay down a marker that will make the teams around us fearful: 4-0, with goals from Vydra and Nugent who are starters and Jerome and Palmer coming off the bench.

There are only 14 games left. Should Cardiff win tonight and we lose that's a six point gap in 13 games which is an awful lot to claw back. Twice this season we've won four in a row and now would be a great time to embark on a similar run. Let's do this. Come on you Rams!

Gary rowett asking derby fans get behind the lads he has my full support lets have all pp rocking and sea of black and white lets scaves flags and ballions on show tonight lets show how much we want promation back to premership it will feed down to the lads.

32 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Gary rowett asking derby fans get behind the lads he has my full support lets have all pp rocking and sea of black and white lets scaves flags and ballions on show tonight lets show how much we want promation back to premership it will feed down to the lads.

It's flanges, not flags mate :lol:

But I'll be cheering the lads on from Hants jnrs parents evening exam debrief :thumbsup:

Archived