Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’m not sure about us playing 3-5-2 but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Leeds do it considering how poor we have looked at times against that system recently.

shhhhhh ... I don't want to think we might have been rumbled. Although I have a feeling GR is one to take lessons on board if difficulties persist. 

58 minutes ago, jono said:

shhhhhh ... I don't want to think we might have been rumbled. Although I have a feeling GR is one to take lessons on board if difficulties persist. 

If I can see it,it’s not going to take a professional football coach long to work it out.

I had visions of our bench going,

”What is this witchcraft,3 at the back and wing backs,is this allowed “?

On 2/16/2018 at 09:43, Sparkle said:

Are people really advocating changing the defensive set up when it has achieved so many clean sheets? It’s the front ares where we are possibly weaker 

kind of yeah. at this point of the season we need to get 3 points as many times as possible. clean shhets are nice but....

we're solid, but we've over achieved abit and teams have sussed us out at the minute. but we've a decent squad, seems a good spirit there.  if they go 3 at the back, and we seem to always look ***** against that, then go man for man, see how that goes..... win yer battles... y've got yer vydras yer huddlestones, youve got yer ledleys, yer weimamnns.... im craig ramage and thanks for the fiver. 

Rowett needs to pick a back 4 and stick with it now until the end of the season. Bringing in Baird for Wisdom was unecessary. Left back we don’t have anyone ideal but I thought Olsson had a shocker against Norwich and generally just can’t defend, Fozzy sounded like he struggled against Wednesday but defensively for the past few months has been a lot better and showing signs of getting back to pre-injury form. My opinion but Fozzy over Olsson any day of the week.

Tweaks only in midfield and attack from now on.

For Leeds, I would keep Ledley, Nuge, Weimann, bring back Wisdom and then it would be a toss up between Lawrence and Palmer for Johnson.

TobyWanKenobi
2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

He’s like Conor Sammon without the speed or footballing ability.

Jesus Christ, that man has a family. Ease off on the brutal personal attacks.

I trust that Gary has done his homework on the Leeds team and will pick the right mix of players to really do them- but the truth of it from my POV is, that whichever team he picks it will have the ability to beat Leeds. The issue though, is are we up for it, will we fight, graft and get a fair share of the 50/50's ? . If so we'll win without difficulty. 

i'd like to see Palmer show his stuff for a decent length of time and much as I like Jeromes power I'd start with Nuge. 

Hoping for a bright frosty night, under the lights and a thumping good atmosphere for this spikey fixture 

COYR 

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

If we let that carthorse Lasogga score I’m going to cry.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I know what you mean, he's a bit of a poor mans Conor Sammon but a handful to mark if you're a defender.

You do realise that now we've dissed him that he'll more than likely bag against us. :ermm:

1 hour ago, KCG said:

Olsson can't defend and Fozzy isn't a lot better. It was an area we really needed to strengthen and I'm sure Rowett knew it.

I have no idea how you have formed that opinion on Forsyth. He covers Davies brilliantly. Not because Davies had done anything wrong, but he picks up the forwards who run off him. And Davies lets them go knowing Forsyth will tuck in at the right time allowing Davies to do what he does best, and clear the danger when it gets to the box.

Watch the Bristol City game back. Especially first half. Masterclass in stopping a front three that switch. 

He's getting there.

Archived