Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another shocking result. 

Thought we'd bounce back tonight but we're still miles off with the quality required to win a game. What a change around in what, 4/5 games? From 3 points clear to five behind, it's only a self fulfilling prophecy when you perform like that unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Believe it or not, Kasey Palmer is a FK talent. He's scored a lot of FK goals in youth football. 

Just a worst case scenario for your first attempt for a side.

Jamie Hanson has scored a shedload of FK goals in youth football. Vydra is the best striker of the ball I've seen at Derby since Bruce Rioch in terms of how hard he can hit it. And has scored direct from FKs this season when given the chance.

Thrilled Palmer equalized and there was the composure we've been missing in the way he took his goal, but I say Vydra should have had the freekick.

1 minute ago, sage said:

If our other forwards were half as good as Vydra we would have won by 5. I'm afraid the lack of quality, particularly out wide is hurting us, The decision making by Nugent, Weimann and Lawrence was awful. We won't play against as bad a defence as that all season.

It will be interesting to see if Palmer is given a start next game.  

well we did score twice against them. 

Well done not losing it in the end- should have taken our chances first half, second half went abit silly and loose for awhile, from both teams, quite enjoyable, thought we looked reasonably solid until then and the more likely to take the lead. Then i thought rowett stopped it with some strangely staggered substitutions that killed the momentum and added abit of confusion, i think there was shady management today, probably just the pressure. We didnt lose. Looked like we needed a win before the game, but i think relief brings me to appreciate a draw like that.   

8 minutes ago, superzak said:

I aint pal bet ive seen more derby games than you over the years ..I just don't rate Rowett as manager

That performance garnered 25 shots, which I'd say only 10 or so were hopeful and that's being conservative. That's Rowett's system creating 15 good chances.

The players put 4 shots on target, 2 of those were the hopeful ones, 2 of those were goals. That's 13 good chances we've created and the players have completely fluffed. 

They, meanwhile, created 3 decent chances and for two of those the defense completely lost their heads, resulting in 2 goals against.

Rowett has lots of flaws as everyone does, and he's made mistakes this season, but this result is not on him. He got it right. 

I won't pretend I'm not a Rowett fan but I've allowed people their opinion of his inadequacy regarding previous poor performances and results, but tonight he doesn't deserve it. 

I take back calling you a WUM, but I'm just fed up both of Derby doing this every season combined with the fan mentality that leads to the reaction that persuades Mel to keep chopping and changing and putting us worse and worse off in terms of our squad's strength. 

7 minutes ago, Whitley ram said:

why do the posters who meltdown at the first sign of trouble always accuse the team of being 'bottlers'. Do they not see the irony?

Do you think they see anything beyond their clenched fists and broken keyboard?

Just now, Alpha said:

Do you think they see anything beyond their clenched fists and broken keyboard?

Their stained y fronts and the left overs of their mums cooking?

It felt like a McClaren-esque performance & result when the tide started to turn. It's probably one of the best we've played this season, but poor final decisions and lapses in concentration have meant we've failed to beat one of the worst sides to come to Pride Park this season. 

Huddlestone was MOTM for me, and I'd go as far as saying that was his best performance in a Derby shirt (since his return). 

It disappointing and now we're five points behind 2nd. I never actually thought we would finish in the top two anway, in fact I'm still having doubts about the top six, but it still feels like a kick in the teeth even for me. The turn of the new year really hasn't been kind to us. 

Whatever happens and whatever division we are in I really hope we get a decent left back !!! Ollson is poor ...going forward we created enough we had enough chances to have been 4 up at HT but didn't take them ...Nugents confidence looks shot 

Such an atypical performance from us this season.

Created loads of chances, but weren't clinical and conceded two goals that were an accumulation of individual defensive errors. Leeds were slightly better than when I saw them at Burton but that's not paying them any compliment.

Although Weimann was a 7/10 tonight, Vydra is carrying our front 4. Palmer and Jerome deserve a shot at starting the next game.

Overall that result only really changes the Cardiff game to being a must win rather than a must not lose. See you all when the cry babies have settled down.

Long way to go yet.

25 shots, the most any team has had in the Championship this season apparently.

4 on target. Four. That's where the problem lies. Earlier in the season we'd have won that 22-0 with our chance conversion ratio.

We need to get the clinical edge back if we want to keep on Cardiff's heels, the performance was good enough tonight. If a couple of those chances go in before Leeds score it's a comfortable game and we probably win about 3-0. The morale will be high and people will be talking about how we're back on track for second once again. But when we miss the chances, we get punished and suddenly it's about struggling to hold on to our play-off position.

It's getting really tight now, we look to be lacking confidence in front of goal, players such as Nugent look like a completely different player as to earlier in the season and I can't really work out why. The automatic place is going to be very tough now, but to give ourselves any chance of going up this year we really need to rediscover our composure in the final third.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

That performance garnered 25 shots, which I'd say only 10 or so were hopeful and that's being conservative. That's Rowett's system creating 15 good chances.

The players put 4 shots on target, 2 of those were the hopeful ones, 2 of those were goals. That's 13 good chances we've created and the players have completely fluffed. 

They, meanwhile, created 3 decent chances and for two of those the defense completely lost their heads, resulting in 2 goals against.

Rowett has lots of flaws as everyone does, and he's made mistakes this season, but this result is not on him. He got it right. 

I won't pretend I'm not a Rowett fan but I've allowed people their opinion of his inadequacy regarding previous poor performances and results, but tonight he doesn't deserve it. 

I take back calling you a WUM, but I'm just fed up both of Derby's doing this every season combined with the fan mentality that leads to the reaction that persuades Mel to keep chopping and changing and putting us worse and worse off in terms of our squad's strength. 

I aint know wum..lol I was at wembley in 1975 and all the above dates  of significance apart from 1946 unfortunately I wasn't alive lol but to me if they are going to charge a fortune to be there it should be entertaining and under Rowett it is not.

Archived