Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Not even vaguely bothered with your opinion. Mine is I don't rate Rowett and I support Derby County. If you can't see that the two can co-exist then that's your problem. Don't go telling me how I have to behave.

How can someone so negative call themselves a supporter

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

3 years ago when chasing a top 2 finish we had 0 fit defensive midfielders for our 433. 

Now fast forward a couple of seasons all we have are defensive midfielders. 

We haven't become better balanced as we still don't have a blend. We've just changed the emphasis of our central midfield. 

At the end of the day, goals win games. We play too passively, and without any kind of forward tempo or momentum. Our attacks yesterday were extremely predictable. I'd love it if we still had a player like Tom Ince or Hughes at this point, someone who can open up locked doors, as it is what we're sorely lacking. Too workmanlike. I don't want to see Johnson on the wing ever again.

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

How can someone so negative call themselves a supporter

People have to tell the truth as they see it and if that is critical so be it. They will still be there supporting the team , paying the money etc and they are entitled. Some of those being critical have not just said things after the last two matches, they have not been convinced in spite of our league position. Don't read forums if your happy clappy brain can't stand to hear negative things.

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Not even vaguely bothered with your opinion. Mine is I don't rate Rowett and I support Derby County. If you can't see that the two can co-exist then that's your problem. Don't go telling me how I have to behave.

Any update on who’d you rather have yet? Or being evasive still 

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But I think abusing players does nrothing apart from lowering moral with the lads but postive thinking helps the lads.

Why should the crowd be positive and happy clap, when we turn up in high numbers, yet they don't turn out on the pitch for us? I don't agree with abusing players, but the ''pretend everything is positive'' doesn't work for me. The players should have put out a better performance for the 1,500 supporters that turned out if they want our support.

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

To be fair,like the opinion or not,you’ve been 100% consistent from the off.I know people don’t like how you put it but so be it.

I don’t necessarily agree but no problem with you being blunt about it.

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

On a positive note, our walking football side absolutely smashed Wednesday's at half time. Liked the look of the chap playing at the back, good on the ball and could pick a pass. Probably younger than most of our squad too, I hope Gary was watching. 

Such a shame they cheated during the normal game time.

Well, I did predict a spate of apocalyptic moaning once the run finally ended - good to see the usual suspects reverting to type.

Not saying we're playing well at the minute (we're not) or that Villa's recent surge is seriously threatening to take 2nd place out of our grasp (it is) but think a bit of context is needed. We're 3rd & that is far ahead of most people's expectations back in August. We've started to clear out our bloated squad. Its February & there are still plenty of games to play.

Even it means staying down for another season to make sure we go up strong & automatically, I'm comfortable with that. Progress has undoubtedly been made overall.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I normally don’t respond to people who appear to have a vendetta and are abusive and dismissive of others opinions and take no notice of what is actually said and my one hope is that you don’t live the rest of your life and affect others in the way you correspond with a keyboard.

haha listen I have no what you call  vendetta and this started a long time ago when you were blatantly rude and responded to my opinions of Russell as if you were so right and my opinion was so wrong!!! then you bang on about Russell in every post virtually insinuating that he was some sort of world beater and then stated Jerome was unfit etc etc....

My opinion is just as valid as yours and for the record I liked Russell but haven't got rose tinted specs on and am a realist and thought most of the time was bang average especially decision making wise and we needed an upgrade but was none the less a player who tried his best and wore the shirt of my favourite team that I support with a passion so I for one never voiced my opinion on match days  and just get behind the team but on a forum like this one thought it was ok to give my opinion which you took umbrage too because it basically didn't comply with your opinion !!

Check my posts and you'll see I respect peoples opinions even if they differ from mine , that is what football is all about most of the time ...opinions!! but you were rude and self righteous so get over yourself mate...and have a nice day :)

ps....please stop banging on about Russell hes gone !!!! end of !!!

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

The Rams having a wobble , fans going into meltdown , RoyMac back on the forum with his anti - Rowett sniping , what great fans weve got , support the team through thick and thin or bore off for good

It's incredibly sad isn't it.

Last night's defeat is extremely disappointing, as on paper it was one we should have won. But to show I'm not a happy clapper Rowett fan, beyond reason, I thought his changes yesterday were OTT. Many fans on here actually called for the changes he made, but other than giving Thorne a rest I thought the other changes were unnecessary. I also thought he used the last 2 subs too late to have an effect.

I also think the game showed that certain players haven't got the quality or composure needed.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

The Rams having a wobble , fans going into meltdown , RoyMac back on the forum with his anti - Rowett sniping , what great fans weve got , support the team through thick and thin or bore off for good

Criticising the fans to detract from our ***** performance, did you go to the Jose Mourinho school of making excuses? Fans can moan if they're not happy, who are you to tell us what to do? I take it you go to all games home and away? If fans want to criticise Rowett or the players, it's their prerogative. I went to the game last night, Rowett's decisions were poor, and the team were pretty dire. Does this mean I need to bore off because I'm not a proper fan in your terms?

4 hours ago, curtains said:

Maybe Rowett could bring Chris  Martin back to work it out for him”

Maybe in jest, but actually .. YES !

Nugent and Jerome are not good enough, Chris Martin was, and Rowett’s ‘allergy’ to Hughes, Ince, Christie and Martin (our ‘creative, adventurous, match winning players) is now costing us big time ..

And why did he not give Elsnick his chance this season, rather than sending him out on loan ? A player more than ready to fill the shoes of Hughes and Hendrick in a forward midfield creative position (where we are woefully inadequate due to the manager’s short sighted and negative policies) ..

In fact, imagine those five players in our current side now, and ask yourselves (all you naive Rowett disciples), would we not have won most of those recent drawn games, and last nights pathetic outing against Sheffield Wednesday Reserves ? 

Also, take Tom Huddlestone and his intelligent positioning and immaculate passing game out of this side at present (not ignoring Carson, Keogh and Davies’ contributions) and we are a mid table side at best ! 

I know there are those of you out there who agree with me, don’t let the ‘Rowett  is God’ brigade pull the wool over everyone’s eyes with their blind faith in his negative policies, and their belief that he would do any better than Billy Davies or Paul Jewell in the Premiership ! 

Other than the first line (in italics), that was a Ram 8 post .. 

just didn’t know how to separate the quote from my post ..

Ram 8 

45 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

To be fair,like the opinion or not,you’ve been 100% consistent from the off.I know people don’t like how you put it but so be it.

I don’t necessarily agree but no problem with you being blunt about it.

Us Derbyshire folk are born blunt! :D

Archived