Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

5 hours ago, curtains said:

Clueless I’d say  

Wide players thats Rowett not getting it right. 

Why drop Lawrence   

I’m throwing the towel in for Top 2 

Starting to worry about Rowett 

Are you called Curtains because you flap about in the wind?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, KCG said:

It's incredibly sad isn't it.

Last night's defeat is extremely disappointing, as on paper it was one we should have won. But to show I'm not a happy clapper Rowett fan, beyond reason, I thought his changes yesterday were OTT. Many fans on here actually called for the changes he made, but other than giving Thorne a rest I thought the other changes were unnecessary. I also thought he used the last 2 subs too late to have an effect.

I also think the game showed that certain players haven't got the quality or composure needed.

I suppose to be fair that we don't see the players in training and so don't know which ones are tired and which ones are pressing their claim.

I agreed with the changes all bar Forsyth and I would have liked to have seen Palmer start.

We just don't seem to have the fluidity at present.  We are a much better side when we move the ball quickly. 

Coming home to roost, paying for letting players go ,tactics been sussed ,can’t play against 3 at the back,

it’s a season we play for,, 46 games ? Did macs teams not lose any ,did they not have poor runs ? The can’t move on past dwellers can post what they want ,they can attach themselves to players and mangers as much as they want and wait with baited breath to come out of the woodwork when rowett hits those spells like all managers ,players and teams do but I’m going to reserve judgment till the end of the season ,seems to me anything else is the very thing those same past dwellers are happy to slate Mel Morris for and encourage a stupid turnover of mangers and no chance of any stability’s 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

If you can meet with triumph and disaster,

And treat those two impostors just the same; - Kipling. :mellow:

If you can hold your head when all around you are losing theirs, you don't comprehend the gravity of the situation. 

Only joking, we've been labelling the team as bottlers for years, and now we hit a sticky patch and half the fans have thrown in the towel. So who are the real bottlers? 

5 hours ago, curtains said:

Clueless I’d say  

Wide players thats Rowett not getting it right. 

Why drop Lawrence   

I’m throwing the towel in for Top 2 

Starting to worry about Rowett 

Not like you curtains,we’re not throwing in the towel on anything.

I completely agree on Lawrence,although he’s not done enough he can turn a game.

Rowett obviously tried to get a wide player in Grosiki/Lookman.

I said before top 2 was unrealistic this season and got slaughtered for it,it’s a work in progress,we’re not good enough at the minute but I personally I have faith in Rowett to get the best out of this group.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Not like you curtains,we’re not throwing in the towel on anything.

I completely agree on Lawrence,although he’s not done enough he can turn a game.

Rowett obviously tried to get a wide player in Grosiki/Lookman.

I said before top 2 was unrealistic this season and got slaughtered for it,it’s a work in progress,we’re not good enough at the minute but I personally I have faith in Rowett to get the best out of this group.

Fair enough.  

Hope you are right. 

Hated watching last night as it just seemed same old same old to me. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Criticising the fans to detract from our ***** performance, did you go to the Jose Mourinho school of making excuses? Fans can moan if they're not happy, who are you to tell us what to do? I take it you go to all games home and away? If fans want to criticise Rowett or the players, it's their prerogative. I went to the game last night, Rowett's decisions were poor, and the team were pretty dire. Does this mean I need to bore off because I'm not a proper fan in your terms?

yes i do go home and away , if you read my post properly what im saying is after the unbeaten run weve just had , the first defeat has got some fans getting on the managers and players backs , you were there last night , would Russell and Martin have made a difference ?, and with a bit more composure in front of goal we could of won that game last night , whether we deserved to or not , we are a point off second place , will things look a bit more rosey for some fans if villa and cardiff slip up on Saturday? it just feels like certain people sit and wait for things to go wrong before posting their bile again , sorry for the rant , but COME ON DERBY finish the job and put a stop to this negativity

13 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

If you can hold your head when all around you are losing theirs, you don't comprehend the gravity of the situation. 

Only joking, we've been labelling the team as bottlers for years, and now we hit a sticky patch and half the fans have thrown in the towel. So who are the real bottlers? 

I think you've got a point there. Our fans went very quiet after we conceded the first. Second and we were done, and it felt like we were at home from the grumbles around me (and including me! :ph34r:)

21 hours ago, caymanram said:

So basically a 100% home win for them then...

they were due one to be fair.. just as we were due a defeat.

ive seen some of their recent home game, only finishing has let them down.

cardiff got away with murder at hillsbrough when it ended 0-0

Not taking pretty easy chances imo. In an alternate reality we comfortably win that 2-6:

1st half

weimann easy header - wide

2nd half

weimann angled in on goal - hard at the goalie

ledley clearly pushed over from behind in the box - Vydra pen 

keogh easy headed goal but heads way wide 

Weimann could lay it to Jerome but loops it over the bar 

vydra slices it after setting himself up nicely on a lovely Weimann Nuge pass combo

Thought these were relatively straightforward chances. Frustrating.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Not taking pretty easy chances imo. In an alternate reality we comfortably win that 2-6:

1st half

2nd half

vydra slices it after setting himself up nicely on a lovely Weimann Nuge pass combo

Although not a convincing display we had enough good chances 2nd half to get something out of the game,I thought Rowett got it wrong starting Bradley on the left I would much sooner have a low on confidence Lawrence and he was to late with subs

4 hours ago, David said:

Which in turn isolates our forward up top giving their defence an easy task. Midfield, 3 at the back, either way it's that formation we haven't found a way of effectively breaking down.

Not a major issue if you look at it as 7 out of 31 games and 2 of those we have actually won. But with the possibility of the play offs and facing tougher sides, it's one area that we need to work on combating.

Absolutely 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

1st half

2nd half

I know ,, crazy really there’s talk of dire and if we had been clincal  we may have got an undeserved win ? Game stats say we had more shots and more shots on target so weds did to us what we have done to many teams this season 

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

1st half

2nd half

That's why good goalscorers cost so much. Weimann isn't one.

2 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Although not a convincing display we had enough good chances 2nd half to get something out of the game,I thought Rowett got it wrong starting Bradley on the left I would much sooner have a low on confidence Lawrence and he was to late with subs

Having watched the game I can also make a case for the subs not being too late ( though I would have done earlier) as once we gave the early second half goal away we looked far better and were creating enough to easily get back into it 

Just now, archied said:

Having watched the game I can also make a case for the subs not being too late ( though I would have done earlier) as once we gave the early second half goal away we looked far better and were creating enough to easily get back into it 

Wednesday sat back though trying to hold on to the 2-0 

2 hours ago, Saity said:

haha listen I have no what you call  vendetta and this started a long time ago when you were blatantly rude and responded to my opinions of Russell as if you were so right and my opinion was so wrong!!! then you bang on about Russell in every post virtually insinuating that he was some sort of world beater and then stated Jerome was unfit etc etc....

My opinion is just as valid as yours and for the record I liked Russell but haven't got rose tinted specs on and am a realist and thought most of the time was bang average especially decision making wise and we needed an upgrade but was none the less a player who tried his best and wore the shirt of my favourite team that I support with a passion so I for one never voiced my opinion on match days  and just get behind the team but on a forum like this one thought it was ok to give my opinion which you took umbrage too because it basically didn't comply with your opinion !!

Check my posts and you'll see I respect peoples opinions even if they differ from mine , that is what football is all about most of the time ...opinions!! but you were rude and self righteous so get over yourself mate...and have a nice day :)

ps....please stop banging on about Russell hes gone !!!! end of !!!

Intresting as this is the first time I have responded to you but I won’t be wasting my time again

3 minutes ago, archied said:

I agree we were creating chances but 2-0 down away from Home is Bradley Johnson going 2 beat a fullback or create anything ? He needed to be subbed at 60 mins or preferably not in the starting line up as he is simply not good enough and we have better options.

Archived