Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wednesday sat back though trying to hold on to the 2-0 

Like us sitting back to hold onto the 1-0 against Norwich?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, derbydaz22 said:

I agree we were creating chances but 2-0 down away from Home is Bradley Johnson going 2 beat a fullback or create anything ? He needed to be subbed at 60 mins or preferably not in the starting line up as he is simply not good enough and we have better options.

Yep I agree to a point but in fairness Bradley has got some important goals too,, I’m not sure about the better options as I think we are really weak in the wide areas for a team that has been up to second spot and unless we get lucky with form ( purple patches from players)it will ultimately be what scuppers us ,,, there’s not one player in those positions that I’m always pleased to see on the team sheet and they all have a habit of turning in the odd decent performance but in the main turning out to be not really good enough for what we are trying to achieve

Just now, curtains said:

Yes but that’s 1-0 not 2-0 and Wednesday couldn’t buy a win so I don’t blame them sitting back. 

You missed the point 

8 minutes ago, archied said:

Like us sitting back to hold onto the 1-0 against Norwich?

Not really, we only held a one goal advantage against Norwich whereas SW were winning by 2, so they could afford to sit deep, invite pressure and still to a certain extent control the game.  

Against Norwich they controlled the game from the moment we scored.

1 minute ago, archied said:

Yep I agree to a point but in fairness Bradley has got some important goals too,, I’m not sure about the better options as I think we are really weak in the wide areas for a team that has been up to second spot and unless we get lucky with form ( purple patches from players)it will ultimately be what scuppers us ,,, there’s not one player in those positions that I’m always pleased to see on the team sheet and they all have a habit of turning in the odd decent performance but in the main turning out to be not really good enough for what we are trying to achieve

Yes I agree and have not got a problem with Bradley coming on if we are winning away and we are keeping it tight(although him and Fozzy were at fault for the 1st goal) but chasing the game we are in a mess if we think he is the answer .

1 minute ago, curtains said:

What was it lol. 

No matter whether it was because they were sitting back we were opening them up and we had chances we really should be scoring with 

1 minute ago, derbydaz22 said:

Yes I agree and have not got a problem with Bradley coming on if we are winning away and we are keeping it tight(although him and Fozzy were at fault for the 1st goal) but chasing the game we are in a mess if we think he is the answer .

I’m really hoping that rowett sees those areas as the next part of the puzzle and that will go a long way forming my opinion on whether I feel he will get the job done for us ,, we don’t do it through traditional midfield anymore in terms of creating and helping out with the extra goals which makes those two positions vital , with real quality there and a ten like vydra we can have a jerome/ nugent type who doesn’t score so many but is a target man ,runs channels , pulls defenders around Creating space but also defends from the front ,,, without those two quality player in those wide positions we will fall short 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes but we didn’t.  

Bad finishing is not a good virtue to have at this time of the season 

It’s never good but all teams and players go through spells of it , as I say if it was me I would have brought on Palmer and Lawrence/anja at half time but I’m just saying you could easily make a case for not doing so

2 minutes ago, archied said:

I’m really hoping that rowett sees those areas as the next part of the puzzle and that will go a long way forming my opinion on whether I feel he will get the job done for us ,, we don’t do it through traditional midfield anymore in terms of creating and helping out with the extra goals which makes those two positions vital , with real quality there and a ten like vydra we can have a jerome/ nugent type who doesn’t score so many but is a target man ,runs channels , pulls defenders around Creating space but also defends from the front ,,, without those two quality player in those wide positions we will fall short 

Totally agree in that system we need the 2 wide players to be scoring at least 10 goals each a season and not sure we have that although I still think Lawrence will come good but at the moment we rely so much on Vydra for goals and a touch of magic 

6 minutes ago, archied said:

It’s never good but all teams and players go through spells of it , as I say if it was me I would have brought on Palmer and Lawrence/anja at half time but I’m just saying you could easily make a case for not doing so

Palmer , Lawrence and Jerome IMO.

7 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Totally agree in that system we need the 2 wide players to be scoring at least 10 goals each a season and not sure we have that although I still think Lawrence will come good but at the moment we rely so much on Vydra for goals and a touch of magic 

Spot on ,, mind you even being able to keep possession,pass a ball or cross with some degree of accuracy would help?

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Palmer , Lawrence and Jerome IMO.

Yep could go for that ,, Palmer the main one for me as I want to see if he has that bit of magic that is a bit lacking in our team 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Last night was the perfect opportunity to help palmer build his fitness up. Should have been on for johnson at half time.

i get why he hasn't started him but he needs more than 8 minutes at the end of the game to both influence the game and get fitter.onk

Spot on 8minutes is stupid you only do that your winning to waste time He needs to start and taken off when he tire's Chelsea will be fetching him back if he doesn't play 

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Intresting as this is the first time I have responded to you but I won’t be wasting my time again

not interesting at all ....you obviously have a very bad memory ....I've had a lot of dialogue with  regarding Russell after the Sunderland and then the Wolves game..but if you choose to deny it and the blatant self righteousness and total disregard of someone elses opinion that you showed thats  cool with me mate.....I really could not care less..... and yes don't waste your time ...and more importantly mine !!!:thumbsup:

and 

ps if i haven't already mentioned it ...  please stop banging on about bloody Johnny Russell .....HE IS NO LONGER IN  THE BUILDING !!!:thumbsup:

Archived