Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Spot on 8minutes is stupid you only do that your winning to waste time He needs to start and taken off when he tire's Chelsea will be fetching him back if he doesn't play 

heard 2 stories about him, not match fit and has hamstrings made of glass.  there might be a good reason to keep him back at the moment.  He looks a hand full so hopefully when he is ready he can find an end product.

I'm an Owls fan and I went last night.

I've not read all the comments, but I didn't think it was as bad a performance as some on here are saying.

Wednesday are terrified of the drop, and with practically the whole first team out that's why they put a committed performance in.

Paradoxically, Derby might have done better had they been fit.

That said, I thought Derby's chances were easier than the ones Wednesday had.

I mean, Nugent's at the kop end was a real sitter.

I got a bird's eye view of it and the cross was good and he put it the wrong side of the post.

Joao's were long-range efforts.

You just didn't have your shooting boots on last night, that's all, and I still think you've a good chance of going up.

Hope so.

7 hours ago, Saity said:

not interesting at all ....you obviously have a very bad memory ....I've had a lot of dialogue with  regarding Russell after the Sunderland and then the Wolves game..but if you choose to deny it and the blatant self righteousness and total disregard of someone elses opinion that you showed thats  cool with me mate.....I really could not care less..... and yes don't waste your time ...and more importantly mine !!!:thumbsup:

and 

ps if i haven't already mentioned it ...  please stop banging on about bloody Johnny Russell .....HE IS NO LONGER IN  THE BUILDING !!!:thumbsup:

My memory is fine the dialogue you had was with yourself as your comments were not considered worthy of a response from myself

After attending the Wednesday Match and contemplating my thoughts I think Rowett has entered an interesting phase of his management.

My thoughts are his team selection and actions for the Sheffield Wednesday match were ill thought out and more importantly he compounded each and every decision with another poor one.

6 changes in a team that has not lost since November and has hardly conceded a goal in the last dozen or so games was a error. 1st error.

He changed completely both flanks, full backs and "wide players" which was never going to be a sensible option. 2nd error

For a manager to be really successful he has to have the ability to change things during a match when the game is not going to plan. During the 1st half at Wednesday it was obvious the majority of our players were not up for the fight. It was bloody freezing and too many either just thought turning up would be enough or were pulling out of challenges or not putting much effort in.

So half time was the perfect opportunity to either motivate them to play better/alter tactics/make substitutions.

We came out for second half exactly the same and conceded another goal very quickly.

Still no reaction from the manager, no changes of any sort made. 3rd error

He left substitutions until 15 minutes and later from the end!

Ultimately the players let us the fans and club down, but I expect a good manager to be able to react and motivate/change tactics/players etc to effect a change in the pattern of the game. At Wednesday Rowett achieved none of these. 

If all our players had half the desire and enthusiasm as Keogh we would have pulled a result from Wednesday, as it was Baird, Forsyth, Johnson, Weimann and Nugent were appalling. Particuarly Nugent who never challenged for anything all night and missed a sitter. 

All Nugent did was look at the centre half, try to impede him, but never attempt to win the ball and fall over. It was the worst performance by him I have ever seen.

These are just my thoughts/opinions and I will watch how Rowett faces the challenges for the rest of the season, but like most managers his age, he needs to understand his own errors and learn from them.

COYR

23 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

After attending the Wednesday Match and contemplating my thoughts I think Rowett has entered an interesting phase of his management.

My thoughts are his team selection and actions for the Sheffield Wednesday match were ill thought out and more importantly he compounded each and every decision with another poor one.

6 changes in a team that has not lost since November and has hardly conceded a goal in the last dozen or so games was a error. 1st error.

that reads like that the team that had not lost since Nov was changed.  I don't think that is true.  He made 6 changes to the team that drew last time out.  It did seem out of character for that many changes although I did expect a few

9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

My memory is fine the dialogue you had was with yourself as your comments were not considered worthy of a response from myself

you did reply and react just like your'e doing now but said you wasn't going to in your last message !!! you'll probably swear blind you haven't responded this time as well  :lol:...I collate ( look it up !! ) information as part of my job and never forget conversations......deluded !!!!

21 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I suppose to be fair that we don't see the players in training and so don't know which ones are tired and which ones are pressing their claim.

I agreed with the changes all bar Forsyth and I would have liked to have seen Palmer start.

We just don't seem to have the fluidity at present.  We are a much better side when we move the ball quickly. 

Of more concern to me is GR's apparent unwillingness to be pro-active and make substitutions when things are not working in a game. 

11 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Nugent seems to have declined significantly since the autumn. What's happened to him?

If I may, although this may be seen as controversial....but Rowett praised Winnall and Nugent for their energy in closing players down and essentially running about a lot. Now we are in February, Winnall crocked himself running for a nothing ball, trying to impress how hard he works and Nugent has concentrated more of his game about chasing shadows, usually being knackered on 70 minutes and has lost any form with it...

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

If I may, although this may be seen as controversial....but Rowett praised Winnall and Nugent for their energy in closing players down and essentially running about a lot. Now we are in February, Winnall crocked himself running for a nothing ball, trying to impress how hard he works and Nugent has concentrated more of his game about chasing shadows, usually being knackered on 70 minutes and has lost any form with it...

Sounds as though nugent is turning into a turbocharged savage. 

If Klopps gegenpressing style is what Gary rowett is attempting to achieve then that is about organised pressing in 2s and 3s.

One bloke running from opponent to opponent is not it. 

Archived