James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypothetical: would it be possible for an Irish player to hold his views and express them in a way that didn't unnecessarily get a load of peoples backs up?

I think it would. I think it'd be quite easy to be honest. There'd be some who'd just hate it on the grounds its opposed to their views, but that's the case with any distinctly political view point.

"As an Irishman, i believe in a united Ireland, by peaceful democratic means and oppose any and all use of violence and recognise the views of Ulstermen who see the north and themselves as British and support the peace process"

would hardly be the most inflammatory statement ever made. So perhaps on reflection,he's a bit of a nob about how he makes his point.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-west-brom-to-win-loan-race-for-big-name-dortmund-star

Not the most reliable source, but "West Brom have emerged as favourites to win the race to land Germany winger Andre Schurrle, sources have told TEAMtalk... Albion could free up a space for Schurrle in their squad by letting James McClean leave, with Derby seeing an initial loan enquiry knocked back."

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-west-brom-to-win-loan-race-for-big-name-dortmund-star

Not the most reliable source, but "West Brom have emerged as favourites to win the race to land Germany winger Andre Schurrle, sources have told TEAMtalk... Albion could free up a space for Schurrle in their squad by letting James McClean leave, with Derby seeing an initial loan enquiry knocked back."

I can't imagine WBA signing a World Cup winning player :lol:.

The most significant part of the Schuerrle links with WBA is that they are currently on the edge of breaking FFP rules to do with wages (believe wage budgets can only rise about 7m within in a season, or something similar). With Schuerrle on 140 grand a week at Dortmund, and being  predominantly a left forward, it would probably make perfect sense for WBA to now let McClean go. Only snag may be that they would prefer a big fee rather than a loan to clear up the books

22 minutes ago, Ryan O'Meara said:

The most significant part of the Schuerrle links with WBA is that they are currently on the edge of breaking FFP rules to do with wages (believe wage budgets can only rise about 7m within in a season, or something similar). With Schuerrle on 140 grand a week at Dortmund, and being  predominantly a left forward, it would probably make perfect sense for WBA to now let McClean go. Only snag may be that they would prefer a big fee rather than a loan to clear up the books

You’re my idol ☕️

Archived