James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be looking to read the all-round condemnation of the England supporters who boo all the way through our next opponents’ national anthem!

McClean is an improvement to our team and many of these moans and gripes would be put aside if he proved to be a catalyst to promotion.

13 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

I’ll be looking to read the all-round condemnation of the England supporters who boo all the way through our next opponents’ national anthem!

McClean is an improvement to our team and many of these moans and gripes would be put aside if he proved to be a catalyst to promotion.

Not from me they wouldn’t, and I certainly won’t be putting any money towards anything Derby if that came here

7 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

After reading 38 pages can i ask this .... Is this bloke any good at football ?

Moreover it just said we’d made a bid for him. I haven’t seen any evidence of further interest.

I am hoping there are secret negotiations going on to bring in an exciting midfielder, a left back and a pacy wide man but really it has been pretty quiet again and it may be that we stick to what we already have.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Moreover it just said we’d made a bid for him. I haven’t seen any evidence of further interest.

I am hoping there are secret negotiations going on to bring in an exciting midfielder, a left back and a pacy wide man but really it has been pretty quiet again and it may be that we stick to what we already have.

When you say stick with what we already have, I guess you mean championship football.

If Russell and Martin go I have no doubts someone will come in, we would probably be the first club in history to weaken ourselves before the final push for promotion.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We can’t go into the rest of the season with just Weimann and Lawrence as senior options out wide. I can’t believe we don’t have something in place to prevent that. 

54 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

After reading 38 pages can i ask this .... Is this bloke any good at football ?

Do you really think that matters on here? If somebody hears a Chinese whisper that a certain player prefers a Greggs cheese and bean melt over the classic steak bake, they’re immediately castigated, hung, drawn & quartered and banished to the U23’s.

8 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Do you really think that matters on here? If somebody hears a Chinese whisper that a certain player prefers a Greggs cheese and bean melt over the classic steak bake, they’re immediately castigated, hung, drawn & quartered and banished to the U23’s.

Honesty that's ridiculous mate, now you are talking proper garbage.

Who could possibly prefer a cheese and bean melt? 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When you say stick with what we already have, I guess you mean championship football.

If Russell and Martin go I have no doubts someone will come in, we would probably be the first club in history to weaken ourselves before the final push for promotion.

Twice. Remember the signing of Fagen et el during that promotion push 

15 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I’d prefer:

Segi Canos

Barrie Mckay

Jarrod Bowen

Jose Pozo

Canos would be good

McKay name seems to be being thrown around based on him playing well for half a game against Derby. He was dragged off after an hour and replaced with Jamie Ward

Bowen is more of a central striker than a winger. Can't see us buying someone who potentially narrows play. Good player though. 

Don't know anything about Pozo but I suspect GR will have to look at more 'proven' signings as our history of bringing in and settling foreign players quickly is limited recently. Thinking Albentosa and Camara.

I trust Gary and if this is who he wants, I say go for it.

I couldn't give less of a **** about his politics and I can't see him misbehaving too much under the guidance of GR and his team.

If anyone can't see why he wouldn't want to wear a poppy, watch The Wind That Shakes the Barley and read about the history of the Black and Tans.

Don't know why so many are balking at £6 million for a player who's played for quite a while in the Premier League when Russell, who's never played at that level, was being rumoured to be lined up for Brighton at £4 million.

£6 million seems ok for a Premier League winger who's in and out of the team, I'd even say £6 million rising to eight if we get promoted wouldn't be unreasonable in the current market. 

5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Don't know why so many are balking at £6 million for a player who's played for quite a while in the Premier League when Russell, who's never played at that level, was being rumoured to be lined up for Brighton at £4 million.

£6 million seems ok for a Premier League winger who's in and out of the team, I'd even say £6 million rising to eight if we get promoted wouldn't be unreasonable in the current market. 

The fee Russell was rumoured to be going for is irrelevant when in truth he's actually going for 250k.

I dont think 6m would be outrageous for McClean mind. WBA fans think its a lot though and that might be a better gauge.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Do you want a player who is a terroristist sympathiser? 

What I want doesn't matter. I'm surprised that you think it should.

Archived