James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, philmycock said:

No, because if we were to sign him this is exactly the baggage that comes with him and, it can’t be separated, this guy is trouble and would seriously detract from the football, every game, move along GR

Yeah I get that, but surely that’s merely discussion and not anything to do with his actual transfer. Hence why I suggested a move to rams talk or the pub to discuss his political views. ??

31 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

There's absolutely no way we'd have bid that much. I call bull ****.

Why? I’m not going to pretend to be itk on our finances and ffp, however is it conceivable that by moving a lot of the wages we have manoeuvre in transfer fees that can be scheduled over a period of time? 

4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Why? I’m not going to pretend to be itk on our finances and ffp, however is it conceivable that by moving a lot of the wages we have manoeuvre in transfer fees that can be scheduled over a period of time? 

I just can't see us bidding that much for McClean given Gaz's frugal transfer business so far. I also can't see WBA turning down an offer of that size given they're supposedly right up to their FFP limits.

I've never been particularly excited about him as a player, but imagine he'll do pretty well for us as Gary knows how to get the best out of players.

I'm a bit worried though that if he does join, we'll have this boring poppy chat all the freaking time, rather than just around 11th of November.

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

No your original point was him wearing a badge which was an IRA badge, which it isn't. Most republicans wear it as a peace symbol to commemorate those that died during the uprising in 1916.

Worth noting that the British regiments who subdued the uprising were Irish ones and also worth noting that the uprising was in conjunction with lots of help from Germany who we were at war with and we had to move regiments away from the front line to deal with it 

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

This really gave me an awful feeling in my stomach and I so hope it’s not true, please bring back Nick Blackman it feels much better.

56 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I'm not asking him to stand there hand on heart and belt out god save the queen but he should at least show a little bit of respect to the country

The queen is not the country. This is a completely false form of patriotism imo. 

Just now, Lambchop said:

The queen is not the country. This is a completely false form of patriotism imo. 

If he hate’s Britain so much why live and work here, why pay so much tax that pays for the UK armed forces that he hates so much? He’s a hypocrite, and that’s why he’s baggage.

Archived