Barnsley F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve certainly picked two good away games to go to this season, both 3-0 wins, suppose I should start going to them all! Our fans were absolutely brilliant today, felt like a home game- Nugent starting a bounce was a bit of class too!:D

In terms of the performance, I think were actually getting close to being a really good side. There are still some glaring issues of course, but some of our football in and around the box was sublime- that three in behind the striker are starting to work really well now. There remains some issues with giving the ball away, especially in the second half where we disappointingly seemed to not concentrate hard enough at times, luckily we weren’t punished but we could well have been. Iron out that as well as certain individuals not looking at where they’re passing and we’re onto a proper winner here- saw very few aimless long balls as well today which was good! In terms of ratings..

Carson 7- Distrubtion atrocious, but that save was so ******* good I’ll let him off

Baird 8- Solid and dependable as usual, excellent on the ball and some cracking corners as well!

Keogh 8- An absolute rock today, read everything so well

Davies 7- Defended well but sometimes their 26 seemed to ghost in unnoticed by him

Forsyth 6- The man cannot pass to save his life, so uncomfortable on the ball. Some good defending but he doesn’t half make his own work!

Huddlestone 9- Many moan about him but he was brilliant again today, his passing and vision is so incivise- a class above this level in that respect 

Ledley 6- Dissapointing for me again today really, gave the ball away cheaply far too often- mind he defends well and we do well with him in the team so I may be doing him a disservice 

Weimann 9- Simply brilliant, spectacular goal and has really become a creative force

Vydra 7- got little of the ball but some great lay offs when he did

Lawence 8- His best game in a derby shirt that first half so hope he’s ok, fought for everything

Martin 6- Did alright when he got the ball, but I can’t rate him higher for that appalling lack of concentration which almost let them back in the game

Good day out and I agree with most of that, Weiman was decent but not brilliant IMHO 

Well deserved 3 points. Spells of lovely stuff, the usual drab scrappy passages, a bit of luck in the right places.

Carson, Keogh, Baird, outstanding in a rugged defence. Goals for the three behind the impressive Chris Martin, and the usual solid base from the midfield two.

Everything we're coming to expect from Rowett's new look Derby. Massive on next weekend. Win that and I'll start believing.

16 minutes ago, needles said:

Well deserved 3 points. Spells of lovely stuff, the usual drab scrappy passages, a bit of luck in the right places.

Carson, Keogh, Baird, outstanding in a rugged defence. Goals for the three behind the impressive Chris Martin, and the usual solid base from the midfield two.

Everything we're coming to expect from Rowett's new look Derby. Massive on next weekend. Win that and I'll start believing.

i have Villa - tossers - nearly got a fight in the Holte End once.......ooops...wrong end

Maybe I see things differently to many others, but I thought Martin’s second half performance was fantastic. He got himself in to some great positions, but too often other players didn’t give him the ball. I thought generally his performance today clearly showed he was playing for the team, instead of thinking about himself. 

Other than one mistake, I thought Keogh was our MoM today and he’s odds on our ‘player of the season’ for me so far and I’ve been one of his biggest critics in years past. 

We weren’t good today, but we put pretty much every chance we had in the net. Love that. 

Barnsley were awful. Very different proposition to the one we faced earlier this season. 

Great result. 

Ive been a critic of GR, and I still don’t enjoy how we play, but it’s proving more than effective. 

Thought Huddlestone was class today, and I’ve been his biggest critic too. 

3-0 away? Happy days. 

Bring on Villa.

3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We weren’t good today, but we put pretty much every chance we had in the net. Love that. 

Barnsley were awful. Very different proposition to the one we faced earlier this season. 

Great result. 

Ive been a critic of GR, and I still don’t enjoy how we play, but it’s proving more than effective. 

3-0 away? Happy days. 

Bring on Villa.

Spot on post.

5 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Great result. 

3-0 away? Happy days. 

Bring on Villa.

Not sure about the first line as we had enough chances to win by a far bigger score line , my take was that we battled to get the upper hand against a young energetic side and impose ourselves on them with our better organisation ,composure and quality which we did first half and I'm willing to bet that went pretty much how rowett wanted ,,,, second half I thought we took our eye off the ball and paid them too little respect which coupled with them coming out to have a real go let them back in , but our quality got us through , Carson quality keeper( not luck ) and wieman quality strike ,, we won the second half 1-0 so still did the job ,

granted we can say there are tougher test out there than Barnsley but oops we just done boro 3-0 away , we done Leeds away ,we done Norwich away ect etc etc ,

villa at home is massive in terms of momentum and calming a little nagging fear regards our home form ( tactics ) ,, I would kill for a win in that game ,

for me it's time to let the past go ,, all this harping on about we are not mac1 team so not worth watching ,, all this past players need to be first choice ,martin ,Thorne ,Bryson ,will, ince, it's gone ,let it go and get behind rowett ,, he's a ram , he's putting some pride back into players wearing the shirt , he's building a team , he's building a spirit , an ethos ,,,,

the Derby way ? 

Fight to wear the shirt , fight to keep the shirt , get out there and win bloody games whatever it takes , engage with the fans ( nugent) and let's all get back on the same page ,,, ei ei eio up the,,,,,,,,,,

3 hours ago, archied said:

Not sure about the first line as we had enough chances to win by a far bigger score line , my take was that we battled to get the upper hand against a young energetic side and impose ourselves on them with our better organisation ,composure and quality which we did first half and I'm willing to bet that went pretty much how rowett wanted ,,,, second half I thought we took our eye off the ball and paid them too little respect which coupled with them coming out to have a real go let them back in , but our quality got us through , Carson quality keeper( not luck ) and wieman quality strike ,, we won the second half 1-0 so still did the job ,

granted we can say there are tougher test out there than Barnsley but oops we just done boro 3-0 away , we done Leeds away ,we done Norwich away ect etc etc ,

villa at home is massive in terms of momentum and calming a little nagging fear regards our home form ( tactics ) ,, I would kill for a win in that game ,

for me it's time to let the past go ,, all this harping on about we are not mac1 team so not worth watching ,, all this past players need to be first choice ,martin ,Thorne ,Bryson ,will, ince, it's gone ,let it go and get behind rowett ,, he's a ram , he's putting some pride back into players wearing the shirt , he's building a team , he's building a spirit , an ethos ,,,,

the Derby way ? 

Fight to wear the shirt , fight to keep the shirt , get out there and win bloody games whatever it takes , engage with the fans ( nugent) and let's all get back on the same page ,,, ei ei eio up the,,,,,,,,,,

C'mon we are all Frozen, -8 up here, let's have a sing song to keep warm!

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like Ince is a Queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in;
Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in,
don't let them see
Be the good Ram you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel,
don't let them know
Well now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold Hughes back anymore

Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the Rowett storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some fans distance
And want to make everything seem small
And the Derby fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what we can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me,
I'm D.C.F.C

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the Rowett storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the Pride Park ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect Hughes he has gone
Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the Rowett storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway!

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

**** *** of the game must go to a youth stood near me who had an annoying voice all through the game shouting Martin you fat *******, just shouted 'ref' at the top of his voice for about 5 minutes. I felt a bit embarrassed for him.

I wonder if he posts on here.

Archived