Barnsley F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

C'mon we are all Frozen, -8 up here, let's have a sing song to keep warm!

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like Ince is a Queen
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in;
Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in,
don't let them see
Be the good Ram you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel,
don't let them know
Well now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold Hughes back anymore

Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the Rowett storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some fans distance
And want to make everything seem small
And the Derby fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all

It's time to see what we can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me,
I'm D.C.F.C

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the Rowett storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the Pride Park ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect Hughes he has gone
Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the Rowett storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway!

@Inverurie Ram you are truly dedicated to your craft.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Gritters said:

**** *** of the game must go to a youth stood near me who had an annoying voice all through the game shouting Martin you fat *******, just shouted 'ref' at the top of his voice for about 5 minutes. I felt a bit embarrassed for him.

There was a rival, older chap who kept on berating Carson , “Carson that was ****”  “Carson that was yiur ******* fault” , whilst explaining to his bewildered partner that he is only a shot stopper and was the worst keeper ever to play for England. His anger was bewildering and I wonder why he even turns up to watch, Martin also got some stick ?

46 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well at least he’s Loyal away fan. Not like me.

I did wonder why he bothered to come. I suspect his mates who seemed decent lads all wanted to go and he tagged along not wanting to be left out. I wouldn't say his constant negativitiy put him in the loyal category either. 

15 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

Maybe I see things differently to many others, but I thought Martin’s second half performance was fantastic. He got himself in to some great positions, but too often other players didn’t give him the ball. I thought generally his performance today clearly showed he was playing for the team, instead of thinking about himself. 

Other than one mistake, I thought Keogh was our MoM today and he’s odds on our ‘player of the season’ for me so far and I’ve been one of his biggest critics in years past. 

You must be his agent or something. He was poor at best.

When I saw he was picked over Nuge I was hoping that he would be the star of the show and prove me wrong ... so I could applaud him and hold my hands up and give all the Martinites on here props for me being blind to how amazing he is. Unfortunately he continues to be the dead weight in this side. If he holds his place after that display I’d be stunned. Fantastic were Weimann Baird Lawrence Carson Hudds Keogh ... a host of players but please stop trying to paint a good solo performance on a poor one.

what I saw was a slow mostly uninvolved player who had zero assists zero goals and who misplayed several simple balls including an utterly horrendous giveaway that led directly to the Carson wonder save. After losing it his feeble lack of an attempt to win it back was insulting. It’s in the highlights go watch it. Of course he will have a few nice passes and fall down for free kicks but seriously, that makes him fantastic ? For real? 

I’ll sing his praises when he actually contributes in a significant way and not until then and not because Forum posters tell me he’s amazing. Sorry. 

@Ninos You're making up your own arguments again mate. Nobody has said he's amazing or fantastic, just a good striker for this level with plenty to offer if played correctly. God knows what you're on about (again). Like a nagging old lady who's lost her mind, not a clue what she's on about. 

You're literally arguing against yourself. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

@Ninos You're making up your own arguments again mate. Nobody has said he's amazing or fantastic, just a good striker for this level with plenty to offer if played correctly. God knows what you're on about (again). Like a nagging old lady who's lost her mind, not a clue what she's on about. 

You're literally arguing against yourself. :lol:

The dude I was quoting said he was “fantastic” in the second half. You agree with that ? Fantastic ?

I can think of two occasions this season in which Martin has used his nouse to contribute to a Derby goal, and I'm sure there would be more if he were to have more minutes.

Go to 1:28. Look at the way he draws the defender away from Weimann, who goes on to exploit the space and smash home:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11164011/barnsley-0-3-derby

Go to 0:40. Track Martin's run from deep, bringing his marker to the front post, which leaves space for Johnson to finish:

http://www.skysports.com/football/sland-vs-derby/374619

These moments won't go onto his goal or assist tallies. But they're an example of his footballing intelligence.

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

The dude I was quoting said he was “fantastic” in the second half. You agree with that ? Fantastic ?

What about the "amazing" tag you keep dropping in every other post? 

I don't agree no, I'd say somewhere in-between your over the top reaction and his. You point out every mistake he made yet fail to recognise any of the good bits of play which isn't really a shock I guess. It just gives your posts absolutely zero credibility. 

33 minutes ago, Ninos said:

When I saw he was picked over Nuge I was hoping that he would be the star of the show and prove me wrong ... so I could applaud him and hold my hands up and give all the Martinites on here props for me being blind to how amazing he is. Unfortunately he continues to be the dead weight in this side. If he holds his place after that display I’d be stunned. Fantastic were Weimann Baird Lawrence Carson Hudds Keogh ... a host of players but please stop trying to paint a good solo performance on a poor one.

what I saw was a slow mostly uninvolved player who had zero assists zero goals and who misplayed several simple balls including an utterly horrendous giveaway that led directly to the Carson wonder save. After losing it his feeble lack of an attempt to win it back was insulting. It’s in the highlights go watch it. Of course he will have a few nice passes and fall down for free kicks but seriously, that makes him fantastic ? For real? 

I’ll sing his praises when he actually contributes in a significant way and not until then and not because Forum posters tell me he’s amazing. Sorry. 

Nobody was fantastic yesterday. Weimann played very well and was motm in my opinion. Baird also very good. The rest played well against a poor side. But fantastic, seriously?? As for Martin, he tried very hard to adapt to a system that doesn’t suit him well, some good lay offs and runs. Plus is always a magnet for defenders, thus creating space for  the other forwards. If you can’t see this you are obviously biased or just plain stupid, we won 3-0 btw!! I am a great fan of Martin but would prefer Nugent to play in this system. It doesn’t play to Martins strengths

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I thought Martin had a good game he gives us more control of the game with his link up play and deserves to keep his place,I also thought Huddlestone had a good game.

38 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I can think of two occasions this season in which Martin has used his nouse to contribute to a Derby goal, and I'm sure there would be more if he were to have more minutes.

Go to 1:28. Look at the way he draws the defender away from Weimann, who goes on to exploit the space and smash home:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11164011/barnsley-0-3-derby

Go to 0:40. Track Martin's run from deep, bringing his marker to the front post, which leaves space for Johnson to finish:

http://www.skysports.com/football/sland-vs-derby/374619

These moments won't go onto his goal or assist tallies. But they're an example of his footballing intelligence.

And that's exactly what rowett is involving him to use....

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

If CM was as poor as you say he was, we basically won 3-0 away from home with ten men. Now at any level that is some achievement let alone in a league as competitive as the championship, regardless of how poor Barnsley may have been. You are either a WUM or blinded by your hatred of CM. Possibly a mixture of the two and I'm the stupid one for taking your bait. :unsure:

Why can’t we just celebrate the fact we have a more than competent strike force at our disposal now...... dare I say it, Plan A, B and C.....

This is what you’ve been craving for seasons. Now it’s here...... we’ve got wingers in form, we have options on the bench.....

Yet agendas on certain strikers and agendas still exist when they don’t perform. I give in

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Good to see we have our own Craig Revel Horwood on the forum. :thumbsup:

Archived