• Last Reply
1 hour ago, Highgate said:

Some comments from a Watford fan site:

'Poor first half. Carrillo, Rich and Pereyra providing no quality
Get Hughes on asap'

'The albino Iniesta made a huge difference.'

'I love will hughes'

'Hughes is our best attacking mid.'

Seems like they are starting to appreciate what they have, I hope Will goes from strength to strength, such a lovely player to watch, even when he is wearing the wrong colour shirt. 

After today's dross, seeing that on MOD made me sick to the stomach.

Intelligence and technical skill trump Rowett's prized "energy" 7 days a week.

5 hours ago, Highgate said:

Some comments from a Watford fan site:

'Poor first half. Carrillo, Rich and Pereyra providing no quality
Get Hughes on asap'

'The albino Iniesta made a huge difference.'

'I love will hughes'

'Hughes is our best attacking mid.'

Seems like they are starting to appreciate what they have, I hope Will goes from strength to strength, such a lovely player to watch, even when he is wearing the wrong colour shirt. 

Fret not,  Gary rowett will buy him in 2028 for a last hurrah at Derby when his knees are shot and he'll barely be able to raise a trot.

He'll be brought in to replace the 59 year old Tom huddlestone :lol:

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Genuinely can’t think of a more off-putting username

It was the better of the two name short list he had, it was between that and Anal fissures.

was hoping a good season in the prem might have given Will the chance to be called up for England in the world cup, hes a much better player than Jake Livermore or jesse lingard. Hes played really well in the games he has, but i feel the mid-season injury means he wont have had played enough for gareth southgate to pick him

19 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

was hoping a good season in the prem might have given Will the chance to be called up for England in the world cup, hes a much better player than Jake Livermore or jesse lingard. Hes played really well in the games he has, but i feel the mid-season injury means he wont have had played enough for gareth southgate to pick him

No, but ironically Jack Wiltshire will have?!????‍♂️

His potential peak will be somewhere around Moussa Dembele’s. Never gives the ball away, can carry it through the thirds. Too one footed to be a top operator in the tightest of tight situations, doesn’t really spray it.

Dembele’s a unit but Hughes has a dormant range of passing that we see all too infrequently which may see Hughes ascend further. 

On 05/03/2018 at 08:01, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

No, but ironically Jack Wiltshire will have?!????‍♂️

Jack Wilshere only has to have a good 90 minutes and everyone thinks he's worth building a team around. 

There's players who have more good games per season than him yet get called overrated as soon as they have a 6/10 performance in an England shirt.

Guess his face just fits

10 hours ago, cannable said:

His potential peak will be somewhere around Moussa Dembele’s. Never gives the ball away, can carry it through the thirds. Too one footed to be a top operator in the tightest of tight situations, doesn’t really spray it.

Dembele’s a unit but Hughes has a dormant range of passing that we see all too infrequently which may see Hughes ascend further. 

He'll never reach those highs. Mousa Dembele is way, way stronger than Hughes and can glide past a man much more consistently. Hughes will be a mid tier Premier League player, never as good as Dembele.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He'll never reach those highs. Mousa Dembele is way, way stronger than Hughes and can glide past a man much more consistently. Hughes will be a mid tier Premier League player, never as good as Dembele.

Different types of player really so it depends what style you play.

Hughes would not weaken Man City if he was parachuted straight into their starting eleven because of his football brain imo.

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Hughes would not weaken Man City if he was parachuted straight into their starting eleven because of his football brain imo.

He certainly would. Who do you drop out of the city 11 to put in? Gundogan? Hughes doesn't really have a role in a lot of teams. Not strong enough to play in a midfield 2, not creative enough to play in a 3 in a top side. He fits well at Watford.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He certainly would. Who do you drop out of the city 11 to put in? Gundogan? Hughes doesn't really have a role in a lot of teams. Not strong enough to play in a midfield 2, not creative enough to play in a 3 in a top side. He fits well at Watford.

All about opinions!

He could play in any fluid footballing team and not look out of place. 

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

All about opinions!

He could play in any fluid footballing team and not look out of place. 

Agree, but do you really think he'll ever reach a top club? I'm pretty sure that he won't, just because he is too much of a jack of all trades but a master of none for me. Good mid table Prem player, but I don't see him going above that.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

strangely it was the simple stuff that I loved.  He never seemed to make a pass that was behind the player or forced that player to change position to control it

Archived