Will Hughes Watch

Day

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Jack Wilshere only has to have a good 90 minutes and everyone thinks he's worth building a team around. 

There's players who have more good games per season than him yet get called overrated as soon as they have a 6/10 performance in an England shirt.

Guess his face just fits

Or that he plays for Arsenal, when he was on loan at Bornmuff he didn’t get mentioned. 

Yet we all know he will be on that plane, provided his glass ankles don’t shatter again. 

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Or that he plays for Arsenal, when he was on loan at Bornmuff he didn’t get mentioned. 

Yet we all know he will be on that plane, provided his glass ankles don’t shatter again. 

He is a good player let’s not forget that and his advantage is that he is just about he only midfielder we have that actually wants to go forward with it..!

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Jack Wilshere only has to have a good 90 minutes and everyone thinks he's worth building a team around. 

There's players who have more good games per season than him yet get called overrated as soon as they have a 6/10 performance in an England shirt.

Guess his face just fits

Dunno, wilshere is a class midfielder when he does turn up. Sadly his career has been ruined by injuries and him generally being a high class ***** so he never reached the ability he should have done. That said he’s still probably our best centre mid even if there are more consistent (and available) midfielders, as worrying a sign as that is

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Agree, but do you really think he'll ever reach a top club? I'm pretty sure that he won't, just because he is too much of a jack of all trades but a master of none for me. Good mid table Prem player, but I don't see him going above that.

I'm afraid you got this one wrong, Andicis.

Hughes is more like a master of all trades but a jack of none.

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm afraid you got this one wrong, Andicis.

Hughes is more like a master of all trades but a jack of none.

What is he a ''master'' of then? I can't name one attribute I think he is a master of.

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think it’s like trying to say what Iniesta is good at. He can’t tackle, dribble, head, no pace, Dunna score many.....

It isn't though. Iniesta is probably the best passer of all time. Hughes isn't. 

8 minutes ago, cannable said:

Iniesta isn’t even Barcelona’s best current passer of a ball…

I disagree. Iniesta in his prime was probably one of the best passers on the planet, as @rynny says, Pirlo is up there too. But Hughes cannot ever be seriously compared to these players. He hasn't got close to the talent they had.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I disagree. Iniesta in his prime was probably one of the best passers on the planet, as @rynny says, Pirlo is up there too. But Hughes cannot ever be seriously compared to these players. He hasn't got close to the talent they had.

Iniesta was all about short one-twos, he never really went around spraying diagonals, naturally he produced the odd amazing lofted through-ball

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

Iniesta was all about short one-twos, he never really went around spraying diagonals, naturally he produced the odd amazing lofted through-ball

Were any as good as this though?

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

Were any as good as this though?

As good as Hughes cheeky little chip was, I can't help but admire Bent more in this goal, intercepting the ball back at the half way line, losing it but straight in to win it back, the movement, vision, finding the space and timing his run to perfection then of course the finish, that finish!

Everything you want from a forward.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Spot on. Xavi over him in the passing department.

Messi currently FWIW.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hardly just a cheeky little chip.

Hardly a cause to jump to Will's defence either, the cheeky chip was not meant to cause offence or take anything away his part in the goal, just that I see Bent's movement, vision, timing and finishing the making of that goal.

Sure without the pass = no goal, but Bent provided so many elements to the goal he deserves a special mention.

Whilst he has been at the club in his twilight years, we did see at times of why he's played at the top yet never really given credit for it. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Sure without the pass = no goal, but Bent provided so many elements to the goal he deserves a special mention.

Hughes did more than just pass the ball for the goal - it was good football from both players. Why deny how good Hughes was? Many of our current squad would have been tackled by the first or second defender, or hit the ball at them or out of play. Hudds would probably have been to slow to get that far up the pitch! :lol:

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Hughes did more than just pass the ball for the goal - it was good football from both players. Why deny how good Hughes was? Many of our current squad would have been tackled by the first or second defender, or hit the ball at them or out of play. Hudds would probably have been to slow to get that far up the pitch! :lol:

Where have I denied how good Hughes was? 

Archived