Will Hughes Watch

Day

29 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Hughes is the best youth product to come out of derby for years, should have built a team around him rather than the tedious, boring “counter” attacking physical football on display now.  Ledley over Hughes says it all really, would hate to become a WBA or Burnley who build their teams around that type of football.

Give me results any day of the week over style.....

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So if you build a team around one player who is real quality (and I think Hughes still has much more to give - still only 22 after all), what happens if that player gets a serious injury that keeps him out for over 12 months? That's a very risky strategy

Possibly, however if you build a team around a player normally you bring in players that complement them, then hopefully should that happen you are able  to adapt and cover.  The alternative is to sell the player and bring in a replacement or two that don’t perform, all risky I’d say.

13 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Give me results any day of the week over style.....

If it gets us out the division then fair enough, however I’d question that we are getting the results that are better than when Hughes was playing and when we played with style.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

If it gets us out the division then fair enough, however I’d question that we are getting the results that are better than when Hughes was playing and when we played with style.

Think everyone would love style to go hand in hand with points...... but I’d be happier if we have to dig in at times and concede getting the result over style. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Why does this question even exist? Style or results? Is it ether/or? Do you have to choose?

I'm not happy unless it's both.

No one choosing! 

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Hughes is the best youth product to come out of derby for years, should have built a team around him rather than the tedious, boring “counter” attacking physical football on display now.  Ledley over Hughes says it all really, would hate to become a WBA or Burnley who build their teams around that type of football.

Yeah, Burnley fans must be hating life right now. 

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Yeah, Burnley fans must be hating life right now. 

6th in the league, sorry 6th in the PL is great, highest they have ever been I think. WBA were also flying high last season I think it was, they may stay there they may not, however they still don’t sell out every week.  That’s with a capacity of under 25k, I wonder if that will increase or decrease when fans get used to being established in the PL at the cost of entertainment.

Take Derby, we are in the play offs yet our attendances are down, seems some fans do like to be entertained over results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 19:47, AdamRam said:

jAZLmi-k_400x400.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:47, AdamRam said:

Least we won't have to watch us do it in the Prem...

Some comments from a Watford fan site:

'Poor first half. Carrillo, Rich and Pereyra providing no quality
Get Hughes on asap'

'The albino Iniesta made a huge difference.'

'I love will hughes'

'Hughes is our best attacking mid.'

Seems like they are starting to appreciate what they have, I hope Will goes from strength to strength, such a lovely player to watch, even when he is wearing the wrong colour shirt. 

Archived