Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

1 minute ago, Waffle said:

I think Gary’s game management has improved. Vydra wasn’t on his game and it was a brave decision to sub him so early.

It is, especially when lots of comments I've read and heard suggest Vydra had a good first half? Is he beginning to 'walk the walk'? Lol.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It is, especially when lots of comments I've read and heard suggest Vydra had a good first half? Is he beginning to 'walk the walk'? Lol.

I’ve seen the same comments, I haven’t seen the game myself but Steve Nicholson said he wasn’t good enough in the first half. Martin came on and had a spell in the number 10 spot where he set up numerous chances.

If Vydra doesn’t play away from home maybe Martin behind Nuge could be the one? Still feel you need Nuges running up top to pressure defenders, add in martins link up play in the number and you could have a very solid yet dangerous away side.

This is the beauty of having 4 very good forwards and then using them all effectively. Such riches I've never known. 

And we have JR and Lawrence too plus Anya.... whoooah.

Theres no doubting the quality of this team / squad. It just needs the right guidance, coaching and management to make it tick.

.....and some good old fashioned encouragement from the fans will work a treat too.

11 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

This is the beauty of having 4 very good forwards and then using them all effectively. Such riches I've never known. 

Theres no doubting the quality of this team / squad. It just needs the right guidance, coaching and management to make it tick.

.....and some good old fashioned encouragement from the fans will work a treat too.

As I said previously the forwards are causing havoc even when they don't have the ball

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Absolutely colossal yesterday! Defended superbly, brought the ball out of defence at the right times (see Nuge's goal) and actually had them panicking when he ran at them. A real captain's performance.

20 hours ago, David said:

Huge 3 points, absolutely huge. Table is looking tasty tonight, bring on Leeds!

06F23F36-9F8F-4455-8F07-6A55DC4B4558.jpeg

Don't do this way too early for the league table. Acceptable if it's 25-30 games played. 

20 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Maybe being greedy but would've loved that left footer from Huddlestone to go in, great strike.

What a shot that was wow. Huddz will score goal like that very soon  (hopefully at Leeds lol)

20 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely buzzing after that result. Fantastic win!

Looking forward to reading the posts moaning about style of play, Gary etc in a few hours :whistle:

Looking forward to reading the post of you moaning about ticket prices and ended up going again. :whistle:

20 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Struggling to find many faults with the players today.

Carson 9 - Barring the error (which he made up for) he was fantastic today.

Wisdom 8 - Bounced back after his poor performance last week.

Keogh 10 (MOTM) - I still can't understand how a defender as good as him at this level can be criticised so much, he's absolutely fantastic.

Davies 9 - Keogh without the passing and attacking runs.

Forsyth 8 - Seems to slowly be getting back to his best.

Ledley 9 - Same as last week, new longer contract please. Did muck up 1 big chance when he spooned it to Johnson who was offside, but I'll let him off.

Huddlestone 8 - A couple of dodgy passes that nearly cost us but good performance overall. 

Lawrence 8 - His defensive work today was excellent.

Vydra 7 - Thought he had a decent first half so would presume it was an injury that forced his withdrawal.

Johnson 8 - He seemed to be everywhere today.

Nugent 8 - Ran his socks off and what a goal that was.

Martin 9 - Brilliant performance off the bench. Created chance after chance and caused their defence all sorts of problems.

Winnall 9 - He looks like a big lump but his work rate is unbelievable. 1 minute he's in their box trying to score, the next he's filling in at right back while Wisdom's being treated. Out on loan, not had much game time, but he comes on and puts in that much effort, thank you very much Sam!

Thorne 10 - Beautiful human.

Rowett 10 - Brilliant subs and didn't just sit back after taking the lead. I've been a little bit critical of how defensive Rowett can be when we're in the lead, but today he didn't sit back on a 1-0 lead and even after they equalised he could have just settled for a draw, but instead he had us go straight back on the attack. Good luck picking which of the 4 forwards start against Leeds.

Sorry I disagreed with you re Vydra no way he had a 'decent half' he was poor and right call to take him off at half time pretty much the same for Winnall at Cardiff away. 

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

What were the possession stats though :mellow:

Who cares about the possession stats though? Don't get the points for that. 

19 hours ago, froggg said:

EIEIEIO UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO.....???????

Shhhhhhhh don't say it so early lol. 

7 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Probably best choice of striker options in Ch'ship, on paper. 

25 minutes ago, europia said:

I agree with this, a really strong 4 to pick from, and all will be needed over the season, so it's nice to see we got a great reaction out of Martin and Winnall when they came on. Also I belieave at the other end of the pitch we have one of the strongest back 5, with Carson and Keogh outstanding recently, also think Davis has proved to be a great signing along with Wisdom the beast, also think Forsythe is getting better the more games he plays. Our team is taking shape nicely, now let's go to elland road and turn the scum over , a 2-0 victory to the Rams, I predict.

48 minutes ago, europia said:

Absolutely and certainly the best 4. There's probably better goal scorers, assistors or whatever but as a rotating threat of 2 or 3 on the pitch to choose from 4, it's ruddy bloody good. 

I've seen other teams in the past with that range and calibre of options and been gutted that they've hoovered up the talent. But we're just lucky and astute  these have been accumulated over a few years. 

As we say, there's quality all over - it needs managing and coaching to play to its potential. I'm pretty sure that a host of managers with different styles could get a decent season out of these players. I just hope Gary's philosophy is decent in reality (I don't doubt his thinking on paper / training) and furthmore it can be executed well by the players.

Although Jossies Giants alluded to football being a game of science, it also needs graft, luck and managing. They deserved nowt anyway playing in a Newcastle strip ;)

Hopefully, recent results are the sign it's happening. I won't blow a casket if we lose at Leeds but I will be disapponited if we don't compete well, put in a decent shift and lose like some previous games.

Carson and Keogh also deserve a well deserved mention for their performances. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Ahhh. All the happy clappers have gone proper giddy with the victory at Norwich City, bless them. :mellow:

Supporters support, and moaning gits will always moan, it's not about one game, it's the improvement we have shown in the last six games, and as a football fan, I can see the quality we bought in under Rowett, it was only a matter of time before we started to show our quality, and like Mr Rowett has stated the best is yet to come, enjoy the rest of our season in the west stand, you never know you might start to enjoy it.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Ahhh. All the happy clappers have gone proper giddy with the victory at Norwich City, bless them. :mellow:

I'm happy and clappy. Always will be. The power of positive thought. 

Rowett is straight forward and a has Derby written through him. To be honest I liked Paul Clements honesty aswell,  but he was trying to get a Ford Mustang playing like a Ferrari and it didn't work. Rowett knows we have strengths (even if they don't always shine - can strength shine ? ) he has the culture that understands this league and the level of players we have. Let's not pretend we are a a top 6 Prem team ... But we have good footballers that can be welded together to make a promotion challenging side. There is a lot to do in terms of attitude, mentality and team dynamic but he is getting there ( no British rail jokes please ) 

i have no idea if we can keep this up but am 100% certain GR is on the right track and has the nous to be adaptable to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. .... Something that Mac, PC and Voldemort didn't have. 

Maybe we won't go up this season or even next but structure, culture and outlook is the right one for long term progress as long as Mel has the patience and the wallet to keep our powder dry. COYR .. Clapping happily. Now let's get something from Leeds away and beat Reading then I'll get so giddy the hyperbole will start hitting the rev limiter. 

(Pretty please can we experiment with Martin and Nuge or Martin and Vydra for more than 15 mins - I have one of those crack pot theories common on fan forums that this is one that could be a quantum shift ) 

"Rowett is straight forward and a has Derby written through him"

This notion fills me with dread. McFarland, Todd and Gregory as manager convince me this is far from sufficient for success.

"Pretty please can we experiment with Martin and Nuge or Martin and Vydra for more than 15 mins"

The improved control of a game when Martin is on the pitch has been seen in several recent games, I am hoping to see the manager prepared to make changes.

Archived