Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

Excellent result and good performance.  For someone who has been having highly critical of GR I though he was very pro active when needed.  I thought bringing on Martin was an excellent call when it could have been so easy to leave it as it was.  

Hoping he continues to prove me wrong for the rest of the season.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nanananana, Nanananana Nanananana Sammeeee Winnallll!

What a great afternoon's football. That match had a bit of everything.  I'm far too excited to write anything comprehendable but it is our most satisfying performance on the road this season. 

Carson was brilliant, despite me thinking he'd given away a penalty (fans at the match were about 50/50 on that one) and it was only sheer guts that kept Norwich at bay at times but we worked so hard that their players never had a chance to settle. 

The most pleasing thing for me was our reaction to their equaliser - we set at them as if to say 'how dare they?'

They say it's a squad game and today it certainly was. Vydra and Nugent played well first half and I thought with a slightly better touch from the former Nuge would have scored before he did but the one he did score (what a ball from Keogh!) was sublime.

Still pleased to see Martin on at half time and his hold up play and little touches in and around the box were fantastic. Winnall - what a bloody nuisance he is, took over from where Nuge left off. He played like a man letting the manager know he is wrong to give him so little pitch time so far. Finesse? Who needs it when you've got his work rate?  Never thought we'd let that lead slip again and great to see George Thorne get a few minutes to strutt his stuff at the end. He looked well pleased to be back out there again and gave his shirt to one of our fans at the end.

Not going to give ratings but I love @Cam the Ram's; we're out on the town in Norwich tonight - might just wear my Derby top! ?

The Offside Rule - enlighten me

I've seen this situation a few times over the years, and maybe the rules have changed since I was a kid, but.... regarding the disallowed goal... it always used to be that it's not off-side if you are beyond the opposing team's goalkeeper when the ball is played. Did they change the rules or don't they bother with this rule any more?

ed. I just googled it, and I think I must have made the whole thing up - ignore me!

Sammie,Sa-a-ammie,I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals,my Sa-a-ammie. Ok,hardly original,but who cares. Much,much better and for me the 2 'ugly' footholds gained in the previous 2 aways vindicated.Really proud of all the lads.If we win on Tuesday,village life is going to be pure bliss for ages.

15 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

I've seen this situation a few times over the years, and maybe the rules have changed since I was a kid, but.... regarding the disallowed goal... it always used to be that it's not off-side if you are beyond the opposing team's goalkeeper when the ball is played. Did they change the rules or don't they bother with this rule any more?

when has things like rules Played a part in decisions by officials?

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Have you been drinking lol 

Haven't been around for a while, was just testing if anyone would be able to clock that was intense sarcasm. Seems not.

14 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

ed. I just googled it, and I think I must have made the whole thing up - ignore me!

I didn't think that the goalkeeper was ever mentioned in the offside rule. It's just that you need 2 opposition players to be closer to the end of the pitch when the ball is played, unless you are behind the player making the pass. 

I'm delighted with the run that we're on - long may it continue. But we know this is a capable, experienced and expensively assembled group, so it shouldn't be a massive surprise. 

That said, Rowett deserves immense credit for actually coaxing a response from the players and getting more consistency out of them, because after the results against Sheffield United, Bristol City and Brentford, the wolves were at the door.

It's only a six game unbeaten run, so I'm not going to get carried away and there's still part of me that thinks this could be a purple patch before we revert back to type - after all, it's the kind of run every team in the Championship is capable of when the margins are so fine.

Having been one of his biggest critics and doubters, I hope he continues to get results because let's face it, results shut people like me up. :lol:

Gutted to have missed it due to a dodgy brakes problem which turned out to be just a bulb!

Looking forward to watching it on ramstv asap.

Archived