Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I was at the game against Sheffield and both goals were constructed beautifully one move which resulted in a penalty and the same applied against Forest. 

Now you may believe that Derby don’t pass the ball well enough but I disagree with that.

Anyhow let’s see what we do against Leeds away on Tuesday and then Reading at Home and see if you’re theory that we are crap applies  

There were 6 occasions against Florist when a Derby player was in possession of the ball and then gave a "gifted" pass to a red shirt. By most people's standards that constitutes not passing the ball well. 

And I don't think G Star said anywhere "we are crap" which is a tad over-generalised and blunt; but did say that performances have not improved. I concur with the assessment on performance. It could be debated long and hard. The main area where GR has improved Derby is on tempo/impact. When he was in charge of B'ham when they beat us 3-0, their 3 goals were "shock and awe" speed. This I think is the main factor that GR has brought to Derby. It works. We have won 3 games on the bounce...but in all of those games we did not outplay or out-perform the opposition. It's great that we are winning and all Derby fans will cheer a win, but not everyone is convinced about the manner of those victories. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

There were 6 occasions against Florist when a Derby player was in possession of the ball and then gave a "gifted" pass to a red shirt. By most people's standards that constitutes not passing the ball well. 

And I don't think G Star said anywhere "we are crap" which is a tad over-generalised and blunt; but did say that performances have not improved. I concur with the assessment on performance. It could be debated long and hard. The main area where GR has improved Derby is on tempo/impact. When he was in charge of B'ham when they beat us 3-0, their 3 goals were "shock and awe" speed. This I think is the main factor that GR has brought to Derby. It works. We have won 3 games on the bounce...but in all of those games we did not outplay or out-perform the opposition. It's great that we are winning and all Derby fans will cheer a win, but not everyone is convinced about the manner of those victories. 

No they weren't.

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

You see a lot of Derby fans wont just cheer a win they will throughout the game even if we are winning moan at the players and what does that achieve other than undermine confidence.

5-0 against Hull isn’t acceptable for some fans because it should of been 6 or 7 and as for the style of play wow they are not happy. 

Was Will Hughes always brilliant of course he wasn’t and do you know what he even misplaced passes as did Tom Ince and Cyrus Christie

Guess what Jake Buxton and Shaun Barker misplaced passes. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm being quite clear in saying the passing on display that day was awful.

If a team put 10 men behind the ball when they are losing then just use a bit of sense and think what will potentially draw them out of shape.

I think you should get down the bookies as you know all about what should happen in every game and the tactics the opponents will come up with. 

Football is not an exact science if it was I would be a rich man. 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think you should get down the bookies as you know all about what should happen in every game and the tactics the opponents will come up with. 

Football is not an exact science if it was I would be a rich man. 

Now you're just being silly...as usual.

Why not try and actually debate a point sensibly for once instead of going all defensive and making completely random and irrelevant statements?

I didn't have any idea Sheffield Wednesday would go down to ten men.

Nor did I know that they would put 10 men behind the ball and time waste despite being behind.

However if I could see that is what was happening I would be urging my players to keep hold of the ball and wear the opposition down.

As it was, we persisted with long balls and kept gifting them possession.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now you're just being silly...as usual.

Why not try and actually debate a point sensibly for once instead of going all defensive and making completely random and irrelevant statements?

I didn't have any idea Sheffield Wednesday would go down to ten men.

Nor did I know that they would put 10 men behind the ball and time waste despite being behind.

However if I could see that is what was happening I would be urging my players to keep hold of the ball and wear the opposition down.

As it was, we persisted with long balls and kept gifting them possession.

I have already explained we missed Bradley for Forest and until late on against  Wednesday but you just glossed over that. Bradley made a difference against Wednesday when he came on and scored. 

You strike me as someone who needs to manage a football team and experience the highs and lows of management 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I have already explained we missed Bradley for Forest and until late on against  Wednesday but you just glossed over that. Bradley made a difference against Wednesday when he came on and scored. 

You strike me as someone who needs to manage a football team and experience the highs and lows of management 

So you think Bradley Johnson is the answer to our passing problems. Afraid I disagree with that. He's the worst midfield passer I have seen since Robbie Savage.

Just for clarity, that does not mean I think he is a poor player, but passing is his main weakness. 

Will ignore the last paragraph because that's you being silly again. 

May be mistaken but wasn't it just a few weeks ago that you was ripping the team to shreds?

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

So you think we are better at keeping the ball and passing with Johnson on than with Thorne on? :blink:

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

So you think we are better at keeping the ball and passing with Johnson on than with Thorne on? :blink:

I didn’t say that and it’s irrelevant because Thorne wasn’t ready for Forest or Wednesday or Norwich.

Johnsons shot that caused the problem for Norwich after a good set up by Martin for Winnalls winner. 

Johnson off the bench to finish of Wednesday when people wanting Thorne on before Jonno. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you think Bradley Johnson is the answer to our passing problems. Afraid I disagree with that. He's the worst midfield passer I have seen since Robbie Savage.

Just for clarity, that does not mean I think he is a poor player, but passing is his main weakness. 

Will ignore the last paragraph because that's you being silly again. 

May be mistaken but wasn't it just a few weeks ago that you was ripping the team to shreds?

Ripping the team to shreds lets just put a stop to that right there. 

45 minutes ago, curtains said:

You see a lot of Derby fans wont just cheer a win they will throughout the game even if we are winning moan at the players and what does that achieve other than undermine confidence.

5-0 against Hull isn’t acceptable for some fans because it should of been 6 or 7 and as for the style of play wow they are not happy. 

Was Will Hughes always brilliant of course he wasn’t and do you know what he even misplaced passes as did Tom Ince and Cyrus Christie

Guess what Jake Buxton and Shaun Barker misplaced passes. 

A tad inchoate  perhaps Curtains? 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

What’s you’re stance always to be miserable win or lose. 

My stance is on this forum in black and white.

Happy for Rowett to be given at least 2 transfer windows. Don't agree with sackings mid season unless situation really critical.

Would prefer to see an attractive style of football but will accept a more direct style as long as it provides entertainment.

Would be nice to know the task GR has been given by MM so we know what he is being judged on. 

Hopefully it is not win/get promoted at any cost.

I think we have a good squad of players and hopefully GR is the man to get the best out of them.

If he is going to say things in the media then I think he should back them up.

Disappointed that the academy pathway to first team appears to have been blocked off again.

Happy with the investment in the club by MM and think we could have much worse owners. Once again though wish what he said to the media was reflected in his actions.

There we go.

Now back to Bradley Johnson passing question...

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Happy for Rowett to be given at least 2 transfer windows. Don't agree with sackings mid season unless situation really critical.

Would prefer to see an attractive style of football but will accept a more direct style as long as it provides entertainment.

Would be nice to know the task GR has been given by MM so we know what he is being judged on. 

I think we have a good squad of players and hopefully GR is the man to get the best out of them.

Disappointed that the academy pathway to first team appears to have been blocked off again.

Happy with the investment in the club by MM and think we could have much worse owners. Once again though wish what he said to the media was reflected in his actions.

There we go.

The pathway from the academy to the first team is not blocked off. 

The academy  players have to be good enough to displace current first team players. 

Bradley Johnson passing is ok but is he better than a fit George Thorne probably not but can George , Tom and Joe play together because Bradley offers a more positive goal scoring option 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There we go.

What’s Gary said to the media that is upsetting you. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

The pathway from the academy to the first team is not blocked off. 

The academy  players have to be good enough to displace current first team players. 

Bradley Johnson passing is ok but is he better than a fit George Thorne probably not but can George , Tom and Joe play together because Bradley offers a more positive goal scoring option 

That's really worrying then considering the resources invested in the academy.

Anyway. Going completely off topic.

Archived