Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

My stance is on this forum in black and white.

Happy for Rowett to be given at least 2 transfer windows. Don't agree with sackings mid season unless situation really critical.

Would prefer to see an attractive style of football but will accept a more direct style as long as it provides entertainment.

Would be nice to know the task GR has been given by MM so we know what he is being judged on. 

Hopefully it is not win/get promoted at any cost.

I think we have a good squad of players and hopefully GR is the man to get the best out of them.

If he is going to say things in the media then I think he should back them up.

Disappointed that the academy pathway to first team appears to have been blocked off again.

Happy with the investment in the club by MM and think we could have much worse owners. Once again though wish what he said to the media was reflected in his actions.

There we go.

Now back to Bradley Johnson passing question...

I believe it's to increase the value of the players we have. Sure that's what he said in the open forum the other month.

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing he has said has upset me.

I just think sometimes there are discrepancies between what he says and what he does.

I agree with that, although I would say that was more around his transfers during preseason and was probably born out of naivety of how the inflated market was going. I think he wanted to move more players on but couldn't which had the knock on effect of not getting the players he wanted and making way to utilise some academy products sparingly.

On 10/26/2017 at 20:14, Carl Sagan said:

Halloween weekend in an isolated mountain cabin with no means of calling for help. What could possibly go wrong?

The wind howling outside. Or was it the wind? Perhaps it was something else?

"What do you mean you forgot to tell me it was haunted?"

Have a top time AR!

Aside from the big damn bat we had to chase out, it was a top time indeed.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I didn’t say that and it’s irrelevant because Thorne wasn’t ready for Forest or Wednesday or Norwich.

Johnsons shot that caused the problem for Norwich after a good set up by Martin for Winnalls winner. 

Johnson off the bench to finish of Wednesday when people wanting Thorne on before Jonno. 

How is it irrelevant? @G STAR RAM was criticising our inability to keep the ball, your response was that we missed Johnson, Thorne came on with 20 minutes to go against Forest, if Johnson had been available then it would have been him brought on instead of Thorne, like the subsequent matches. The only way my point is irrelevant is if your point about Johnson was irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

How is it irrelevant? @G STAR RAM was criticising our inability to keep the ball, your response was that we missed Johnson, Thorne came on with 20 minutes to go against Forest, if Johnson had been available then it would have been him brought on instead of Thorne, like the subsequent matches. The only way my point is irrelevant is if your point about Johnson was irrelevant.

What is relevant is the blend in midfield and that is Rowetts job to sort out . 

14 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

"Rowett is straight forward and a has Derby written through him"

This notion fills me with dread. McFarland, Todd and Gregory as manager convince me this is far from sufficient for success.

Interesting point, but being a former player is neither a guarantee for success nor a recipe for certain failure. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now you're just being silly...as usual.

Why not try and actually debate a point sensibly for once instead of going all defensive and making completely random and irrelevant statements?

I didn't have any idea Sheffield Wednesday would go down to ten men.

Nor did I know that they would put 10 men behind the ball and time waste despite being behind.

However if I could see that is what was happening I would be urging my players to keep hold of the ball and wear the opposition down.

As it was, we persisted with long balls and kept gifting them possession.

Totally agree with this although in my opinion the players were very often reacting to the impatience within the crowd.  The way through it was to keep the ball and draw Sheffield Wednesday out of their shape - not very entertaining but the right approach considering we were 1-0 to the good.

Having watched the match on RamsTv i would say that this was possibly keoghs best ever game in a derby shirt, and our best performance for a while.

we played quite well, although lawrence often struggled with his final ball. He did however make the break that we scored the winner from.

Defensively i thought we were were very good. Even so, norwich opened us up a couple of times with very slick quick passing. 

Better.

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where did I post a theory that we are crap?

Against Sheffield we played against 10 men for 85 minutes. Our ball retention and passing were poor. If you disagree with that fine.

Against Forest other than 2 or 3 moments, once again our ball retention and passing were poor.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit as results are showing,  however, that does not take away from the fact that we are struggling to do the basics.

Maybe it's because our players are not used to moving the ball on quickly?

Listening to GR interviews he seems to think the same.

Your opinion but you are seeing something very different to me GS

Current run :

6 undefeated

3 straight wins

8 goals scored

3 goals conceded

1 point off the play offs with a game in hand

How can this have been possible if we can't even get the 'basics' right ?

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Your opinion but you are seeing something very different to me GS

Current run :

6 undefeated

3 straight wins

8 goals scored

3 goals conceded

1 point off the play offs with a game in hand

How can this have been possible if we can't even get the 'basics' right ?

For me, the very basics of football are passing and control.

Our passing and ball retention is still poor in my opinion, and I would imagine that is reflected in possession stats.

Another basic is defending, and that is something we have done well in the last month or so.

I know people will think I'm being negative which is fine.

If you do the basics right when playing against 10 men for 85 minutes when already 1-0 up, you have them chasing shadows and don't have a nervy finish.

As I said in a previous post, it would appear from interviews that GR has the same concerns that I have.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

For me, the very basics of football are passing and control.

Our passing and ball retention is still poor in my opinion, and I would imagine that is reflected in possession stats.

Another basic is defending, and that is something we have done well in the last month or so.

I know people will think I'm being negative which is fine.

If you do the basics right when playing against 10 men for 85 minutes when already 1-0 up, you have them chasing shadows and don't have a nervy finish.

As I said in a previous post, it would appear from interviews that GR has the same concerns that I have.

Still struggling to understand how we can be on the run we currently are, and be in the position in the league we are , when we are "struggling to do the basics" (your words)

Doesn't make sense or logic to me but thats just my opinion.

Archived