Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

Saturday 28th October 2017 Carrow Road Ko 3pm

Ladies & Gentlemen boys and girls welcome to the matchday thread 

It’s been a good few weeks for us Rams fans we are 3 points from a playoff place unbeaten in 5 games and three clean sheets plus a game in hand.

The football has not been as exciting and free flowing like mac had us playing but GR has got the team playing as a team and we are now hard to beat and with vydra scoring for fun we are scoring goals and turning draws into wins.

So onto Sadurday we travel to face a Norwich team who have just beaten there rivals so their confidence will be high.

Do we change the team for away games ?

Will Bradley and Chris Martin come back to score against their old team ?

Only one person knows for sure who will play 

Come on you Rams 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gaz will drop a CF for Bradley Johnson in an attempt to not concede.

id keep the same team that's not lost / conceded recently but be prepared to bring on Johnson / Martin on sooner - if needed.

Not a season decider but like the Leeds game next week, a key game to get some useful points. And not lose pace with those above us.

And I'll tell you what, I'm dead against the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre. 

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

id keep the same team that's not lost / conceded recently but be prepared to bring on Johnson / Martin on sooner - if needed.

Not a season decider but like the Leeds game next week, a key game to get some useful points. And not lose pace with those above us.

And I'll tell you what, I'm dead against the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre. 

What's Huddlestone got to do with it ?

From Norwich, it’s the quiz of the week (older members might remember that catchphrase) will he keep the same team which could be justified I suppose, or will he make some changes being as we’re away at a potential top 6 rival ?

I’d  take Huddlestone to one side and tell him he’s having a breather personally  and slip Johnson in for an hour with a view to giving Thorne a full half hour should circumstances allow. 

I’m leaning toward starting Martin much as I love Nuge as well. 

2 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Aharrrr

No shame in losing away at a decent looking in form Norwich. And won't be the end of our season. (Despite the inevitable meltdown on here).

Hopefully they pick up an knock or two in the arsenal game, or at least some fatigue.

Point would be a bonus, 3 would be a joy.

Oliveira to cause us nightmares as he always does.

I think the team will be:

............................................Carson................................................

Wisdom...............Keogh.......................Davies...................Forsyth

.........................Huddlestone...............Ledley................................

Russell....................................Johnson........................Lawrence

.................................................Martin...............................................

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think the team will be:

............................................Carson................................................

Wisdom...............Keogh.......................Davies...................Forsyth

.........................Huddlestone...............Ledley................................

Russell....................................Johnson........................Lawrence

.................................................Martin...............................................

I think you could be right on this, which might be a bit harsh on Vydra. I think he will want to play Johnson for the extra cover, and if so Martin might be preferred for his hold up play.

Personally, and this would be tough on Russell, l would like to see Vydra and Lawrence interchanging around Martin, to give us a better chance of ‘pinching’ a win, with Johnson being the more advanced of our midfield 3.

I hope Thorne might get a bit more game time too this week, but l think it remains too early for him to start.

Archived