Norwich City V Derby County

peachmyster

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't at Norwich so cannot make any comment about that, although it sounds like a good away performance.

There does appear to be a re-writing of history though with people saying performances are improving.

The Sheffield Wednesday match was an awful performance, we played against 10 men for 85 minutes and for large parts failed to put more than 5 passes together and we were very sloppy in possession.

The Forest match was not much different. 

We are winning matches which is good and hopefully that will bring confidence to players but I'm afraid I can't get carried away about performances.

Where we have improved massively is in defence. After shipping 10 in 3 away games, GR appears to have addressed the problem, mainly through the introduction of Ledley. It has also coincided with Forsyth replacing Olsson, not sure if there is any direct correlation there.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wasn't at Norwich so cannot make any comment about that, although it sounds like a good away performance.

There does appear to be a re-writing of history though with people saying performances are improving.

The Sheffield Wednesday match was an awful performance, we played against 10 men for 85 minutes and for large parts failed to put more than 5 passes together and we were very sloppy in possession.

We are winning matches which is good and hopefully that will bring confidence to players but I'm afraid I can't get carried away about performances.

Where we have improved massively is in defence. After shipping 10 in 3 away games, GR appears to have addressed the problem, mainly through the introduction of Ledley. It has also coincided with Forsyth replacing Olsson, not sure if there is any direct correlation there.

He's a cracking defender Forsyth. He was shakey at the start of the season (not surprising given his injury), but he's getting better every game.

A Cardiff supporting friend of mine said he's the only left back this season not to get torn to shreds by Mendez-Laing. 

Passing leaves a bit to be desired, but if you want your defenders to defend first and attack second, he should be first choice.

15 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He's a cracking defender Forsyth. He was shakey at the start of the season (not surprising given his injury), but he's getting better every game.

A Cardiff supporting friend of mine said he's the only left back this season not to get torn to shreds by Mendez-Laing. 

Passing leaves a bit to be desired, but if you want your defenders to defend first and attack second, he should be first choice.

I'm a fan of Fozzy but think he has looked way off the pace so far.

Thought Olsson was playing well but lost confidence and now seems to have just completely disappeared from the scene!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Harsh criticism . 

Whats up can’t you see Rowett will be the new Brian Clough at Derby. 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

The performances against Forest and Sheffield Wed. 

Noticed Forest scored 3 at Hull 

We scored 4 at home in 2 games  and 2 clean sheets Brian Clough esc . 

Fair enough, we see things differently. 

The clean sheets were good but on the whole I though both performances were pretty poor.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fair enough, we see things differently. 

The clean sheets were good but on the whole I though both performances were pretty poor.

Do you mean they didn’t play free flowing football like say Manchester City or Barcelona.

Just now, curtains said:

Do you mean they didn’t play free flowing football like say Manchester City or Barcelona.

No I dont expect to see that from a Championship team.

I do however expect us to be able to make 5 or 10 yard passes and to be able to retain the ball better against 10 men.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yes it means you have listened to something a pundit has said and are now repeating it without any real context or any relevance to what I am saying.

2 banks of 4 should not make you unable to pass a ball.

I was at the game against Sheffield and both goals were constructed beautifully one move which resulted in a penalty and the same applied against Forest. 

Now you may believe that Derby don’t pass the ball well enough but I disagree with that.

Anyhow let’s see what we do against Leeds away on Tuesday and then Reading at Home and see if you’re theory that we are crap applies  

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes it means you have listened to something a pundit has said and are now repeating it without any real context or any relevance to what I am saying.

2 banks of 4 should not make you unable to pass a ball.

I don’t need pundits to tell me about 2 banks of 4 if that was a sly dig. 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

I was at the game against Sheffield and both goals were constructed beautifully one move which resulted in a penalty and the same applied against Forest. 

Now you may believe that Derby don’t pass the ball well enough but I disagree with that.

Anyhow let’s see what we do against Leeds away on Tuesday and then Reading at Home and see if you’re theory that we are crap applies  

Where did I post a theory that we are crap?

Against Sheffield we played against 10 men for 85 minutes. Our ball retention and passing were poor. If you disagree with that fine.

Against Forest other than 2 or 3 moments, once again our ball retention and passing were poor.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit as results are showing,  however, that does not take away from the fact that we are struggling to do the basics.

Maybe it's because our players are not used to moving the ball on quickly?

Listening to GR interviews he seems to think the same.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where did I post a theory that we are crap?

Against Sheffield we played against 10 men for 85 minutes. Our ball retention and passing were poor. If you disagree with that fine.

Against Forest other than 2 or 3 moments, once again our ball retention and passing were poor.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit as results are showing,  however, that does not take away from the fact that we are struggling to do the basics.

Maybe it's because our players are not used to moving the ball on quickly?

Listening to GR interviews he seems to think the same.

I think you are insinuating in around about way we have poor footballers who can’t pass a football when we have the best in the League in Huddlestone.

Against Sheffield Wednesday Tom got frustrated with 10 men behind the ball playing on the break which was got tactics by them .

Jo has been brilliant for us but we missed Bradley against Forest and until late on against Sheffield Wed when he came in and scored.

Bradley Johnson has been good for us and even after all his critics wrote him off he has come back stronger and stronger. 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No dig at all.

Just pointing out it has no relevance to what I was saying.

I thought you thought I might have to consult a football digest to understand 2 banks of 4 but I suppose I was the one being sarcastic in the first place to be honest. 

31 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think you are insinuating in around about way we have poor footballers who can’t pass a football when we have the best in the League in Huddlestone.

Against Sheffield Wednesday Tom got frustrated with 10 men behind the ball playing on the break which was got tactics by them .

Jo has been brilliant for us but we missed Bradley against Forest and until late on against Sheffield Wed when he came in and scored.

Bradley Johnson has been good for us and even after all his critics wrote him off he has come back stronger and stronger. 

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm being quite clear in saying the passing on display that day was awful.

If a team put 10 men behind the ball when they are losing then just use a bit of sense and think what will potentially draw them out of shape.

Archived